• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after taking 0.5mg Xanax XR can you drink alcohol?

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
It’s been around almost 3 days now without any XANAX XR and I have these alcoholic hard seltzer beverages (4.5% alcohol) that I have been waiting to drink but I don’t want to be in any danger until I know for sure if the XANAX XR has been completely flushed out from my system.

Also I have been drinking plenty of water throughout the day.

If you took .5mg of xanax xr three days ago then you can essentially drink the normal amount you usually drink.

Barring of course some freak situation whereby you simultaneously eliminate the drug at an unusually slow rate and also happen to be highly sensitive to the drug itself, in those cases you might want to drink less or not at all. But drinking less or not at all is always recommended (though i don't follow this myself).

I would say about 8-12 hours minimum, to be safe.

Assuming you aren't planning on getting very drunk, otherwise longer.

No way!!! Just enough to get a light buzz. That’s all.

So am I okay to drink?
Yeah, you'll be fine.

Not much of a worry here if you aren't going to get majorly drunk and it wasn't taken on the same day.

Good for you to be aware of the danger. That combo has gotten me into a lot of trouble and jail time.

Xanax has an average half life of about 6-8 hours, so it's mostly out of your system within 18-24 hours with very trace amounts lasting in your blood for 3-5 days.

Update: I’m alive 👍 No biggie.
Not much alcohol as I hardly felt any taste of alcohol. This beverage is mostly just flavored sparkling water.

Thanks for the replies!

Years ago I'd chew up 2 or 3 Xanax bars and wash em down with a pint of 100 proof vodka.

But I don't recommend it.

Yikes is right.
I've lost days and awakened in an ICU on a ventilator more than once.

Like I said, I don't recommend it.