• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How harmful is a 120mg a week O-DSMT habit in the long run?

ketagoblin

Bluelighter
I like to use O-DSMT once a week. Just wondering if I should just cut this out, or it's a somewhat sustainable habit? Really helps me take the edge off, and is actually more therapeutic nowadays than psychs; really can calm my brutal anxiety down and put things into perspective

Mainly worried about the testosterone lowering effects
Also I am really not familiar about the general negative long term effects of opiates; for some reason it's the substance class that I researched the least

I like to use O-DSMT once a week. Just wondering if I should just cut this out, or it's a somewhat sustainable habit? Really helps me take the edge off, and is actually more therapeutic nowadays than psychs; really can calm my brutal anxiety down and put things into perspective

Mainly worried about the testosterone lowering effects
Also I am really not familiar about the general negative long term effects of opiates; for some reason it's the substance class that I researched the least

If you can keep it to once a week there should be very little in terms of long term negative effects. Should have very little impact on the endocrine system (i.e., little to no impact on testosterone production).

The biggest risk is addiction. But even if you are able to keep it to once a week and avoid physical dependency, there can still be some psychological detriment. Years ago I "allowed" myself to get high on a dose of methadone once every 10 days. I thought I was clever because this avoided physical addiction, but what happened was I ended up counting down the days between each dose, just waiting in anticipation for the next dose.

On the 9th day (the day before my scheduled dose) I felt like a kid on the night before Christmas because I was so excited about the upcoming dose. Essentially I had developed a psychological addiction since I spent so much time anticipating the next dose (even though technically I wasn't physically addicted). I imagine you might be experiencing a similar phenomenon. It's not as bad a physical dependency but it isn't particularly healthy, psychologically speaking.

Another risk is, given that these substances are synthesized haphazardly in Chinese labs, some batches could potentially present with toxic or even carcinogenic synthesis by-products, unreacted precursors or reagents, which could be problematic with regular dosing.