• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids How frequently should I dose my GABAPentin to avoid withdrawal/rebound symptoms?

Echotango

Bluelighter
Bluelight.org Forum Questions.

I’m supposed to take GABAPentin 3x daily. Except it’s so short acting that it’s a pain in the ass if I forget a dose & correct me if I’m wrong but it’s not available as a time released tablet.

My question is would dosing 4x daily & or staggering my doses as recommended for increased absorption in order to avoid any type of withdrawal or rebound symptoms?

Correct me if I’m wrong but there is an ER Gabapentin tablet/capsule available. Although not sure what countries have it and what don’t.

Found it here.

Hmm I don’t think it’s available in my country which a lot of meds seem to be that i want try lately.

Hmm I don’t think it’s available in my country which a lot of meds seem to be that i want try lately.
If I can ask: what country are you in? It’s ok to PM or not say (I understand!)

Hey @Echotango

In general, Gabapentin (Neurontin) is better-absorbed through staggering, as you mentioned. There's nothing wrong with taking the drug 4 times a day instead of 3. It could be helpful for you. However, I wouldn't do this without consulting your doc, as you'll obviously run out early.

I would experiment with taking your usual dose, but split into four parts instead of two. This could mean breaking a 3rd off from each tablet, then consuming those chunks of tablet =~400mg to make your fourth dosage. I hope this is somewhat helpful. Let us know if you have any questions

I confirmed GABAPentin is not available in my country & someone correct me if I’m wrong but it feels like I need to recode my GABAPentin every 7 hours maximum. Waiting any longer than that seems to make me feel uncomfortable as if got a ton of adrenaline causing me to anxious or agitated etc.

I mentioned it to my Dr. And he says legally that’s the max number of times he is allowed to prescribe it to Me or some.

So how long can I space my doses out before the duration of effect wears off and I BEGIN to feel the onset of wirhdrawal symptoms based on user experiences plus medical “literature” lol.

I was thinking of taking 600mg every 7 hours? Idk if I need to take it more frequently than that or less frequently? If anyone has advice for me I need any help I can get right now.

Last edited:
@Echotango If I'm taking Gabapentin (Neurontin) on a regular, fairly chronic basis, I could probably take my PM (3rd) dose of the day, go to sleep and make it to the next night without any serious issue. If I didn't have any the following night, sleep might be disturbed, but not impossible. It would be the following morning that I would really be feeling it.

Don't be taking any more than 300mg-400mg in a single sitting. The body can only absorb approximately 400mg every 45-60 minutes. You should break those tablets in half and take every 3.5 hours as opposed to 600mg every 7 hours. I believe if you tried staggering you would be surprised by the difference.

If this isn't clear or I'm confusing you, please don't hesitate to ask questions and I'll make sure they're answered.

If it may become a habit and looking for recreational effect every three days. At minimum. Most gabapentioids have the same effect but this is just my experience up to the time of this post.
Best hopes,

KR <3

The ones they gave me are a powder inside. What do you use it for? Do they make tablets? Anyways if it isn't for diabetic neuropathy, I would try to avoid them. I got them as a comfort med and almost traded one addiction for another.

Last edited:
If it may become a habit and looking for recreational effect every three days. At minimum. Most gabapentioids have the same effect but this is just my experience up to the time of this post.
Best hopes,

KR <3

Well I got 300mg capsules not tablets so that is why I plan to use 600mg since opening them up and weighing the powder evenly is more hassle than it’s worth to me but idk if it’s necessary I. Might s on that?

Might s on that?
dumping the powder (or whatever) from the cap and using a card of sorts to halve/quarter/eighth the substance quickly. Just my experience.
is good ya got the caps cause they dont all weight the same and some have more in em... yep did the research in three d ;) .
Dont need a scale for this it only complicates unless we are OCD then thats another story to tell. lol
peace

What I’ve read is it just lowers the absorption linear to the dose increase taken after exceeding 400mg roughly. Only after 900mg I think it was absorption is reduced to like 10% or 0%… umm I had more to post but I’m fucked in the Head right now and this non sense certainly isn’t helping.