• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How easy is it to OD on n-bomes or other RC's sold as LSD?

Hi.

Greenlighter
I am getting some LSD tomorrow and I'm not sure if it's going to be real or not. This is my first time, and a friend is hooking me up with someone that sells it. My friend just said that it's acid. I don't have access to a test kit, but I've decided that I'll probably still take it even if it's not actual LSD. I will be taking 1/2 of a hit regardless, so I want to know how safe that is without testing the substance. So I have a few questions...

1. Is it possible to OD if it turns out to be an n-bome, even if it's only a 1/2 of a dose?

2. Are there any other RC's that I could OD on more easily than n-bomes? What should I look out for?

3. How common is fake LSD?

4. Any common phrases that shady dealers will say to try to make money? Things to look for in a dealer?

5. What are the main differences between an n-bome/RC trip and an LSD trip?

6. What are some of the first signs of an OD on an n-bome/other RC?

7. If I can upload a picture of the tab, could it possibly be identified?

If you took the time to read and answer this, thanks.

The risk of actually od'ing on nbomes isn't really the issue. I am pretty sure people have had issues from low, common and high doses of nbomes, so taking a half blotter may be just as risky as taking 2 or 3. The risk is more due to adverse reactions.
I don't want to endorse the use of a potentially dangerous chemical but I really liked 25b-nbome and had 5 different trips with it without any ill effects. But on the other hand I really didn't like 25i-nbome the trip was pretty boring and it felt wrong on my mind and body. At least I knew what chemical I was taken and what the blotters were dosed at.

I don't think uploading a pic would help because people trying to pass off other chemicals as LSD use well known blotter prints.

Blotters tasting overly bitter or metallic are generally not LSD, but there is a thread on bluelight that mentions some impure LSD can be slightly bitter.

Last edited:
Very easy, people have been known to die off just 1 or 2 hits. If you are not willing to take that risk I suggest a test kit and if that is not an option NBOMe compounds are extremely bitter as noted above as well as numbing lsd is mostly tastless. Sometimes lsd tabs are bitter but if it is NBOMe it wilk be unquestionably bitter and almost burn your mouth leaving a mark on your gums if you take the blotter sublingually.

1. I wouldn't put it past the realms of possibility, but OD is not the major worry with NBOMe. They are known for causing unpredictable reactions. Seizures, comas, and other less serious but highly unpleasant experiences. These seem to happen randomly at varying dosages, and those that have previously had great experiences have been known to suddenly have adverse reactions on the same dose of even the same batch.

2. There are some rare RCs like Bromo-Dragonfly which can be a bit more sketchy than NBOMe, but it'd be more likely there would be DOx series chemicals on there. DOx actually are safer than NBOMe but they can still give unpleasant experiences and often last 24 hours or even more so are not often desirable.

3. Very common, especially if you don't know what you're doing and are just using a random street-level connection to get it

4. What your dealer says is irrelevant, the only way to know what you're taking is to test it

5. NBOMe trips are shorter, less pleasurable (by most people's accounts), more dangerous, less 'insight giving' or mind blowing / mystical. I've never done an NBOMe though, this is just what others have said. I think NBOMes more commonly cause HPPD than LSD too

6. Sweating, confusion, convulsions, vomiting, etc.. I think you'd know about it

7. No

If you're responsible enough to be taking substances as powerful as psychedelics, you WILL just get a test kit, you have your whole life to take LSD and waiting a few days to get a test kit is nothing in the scheme of things. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't at least want to know what it is they're taking, regardless of whether or not they know it is dangerous.

1. Is it possible to OD if it turns out to be an n-bome, even if it's only a 1/2 of a dose?

Most likely not, but it depends how proffesionally the blotters were laid. If each blotter contains a triple dose, 1/2 a blotter would still be 1,5 dose. never the less, starting with a half is always good harm reduction, if you have too :)

2. Are there any other RC's that I could OD on more easily than n-bomes? What should I look out for?

Nope, imo NBOMe's are the worst. The taste is one of the indicators you should look for. If it tastes really chemically bitter and numbs your tongue, then spit it out. Otherwise, buy a test kit.
edit: Just saw Terarc's post, while he is right about bromo-dragonfly, I will say that, that one has become very rare, so it's very unlikely to find that passed off as LSD. I also think that passing off DOx as LSD has become more rare since NBOMe's came to the scene. And although taking a couple of mg of a DOx when expecting LSD could be quite uncomfortable, it's very unlikely you will come to harm because of it.

3. How common is fake LSD?

Nobody can say. It depends were you live, and who you know. Some people seem to think real LSD is rare, other people seem to be swimming in it.

4. Any common phrases that shady dealers will say to try to make money? Things to look for in a dealer?

This is impossible to answer. Go with your gut feeling.

5. What are the main differences between an n-bome/RC trip and an LSD trip?

NBOMe's are generally described as more visual, but also more shallow than LSD. It's a pretty big topic. In my opinion there is no comparison what so ever, except that they are both psychedelics. If you haven't tried both, trying to explain the differences isn't going to mean much to you.

6. What are some of the first signs of an OD on an n-bome/other RC?

Feeling like shit maybe? I suggest you go read some NBOMe catastroph trip reports on erowid if you want details.

7. If I can upload a picture of the tab, could it possibly be identified?

Nope, impossible. Good luck with you endeavour though, and remember to have fun:)

Some good posts otherwise in this thread, I agre with you all.

Last edited:
1 - yes, NBOMes are very dangerous. healthy users have overdosed and died from as less as ten hits. totally different ballpark than LSD, risk-wise. for half a dose though you would be fine.

2 - there are a few, bromo-dragonfly, 5-MeO-AMT, probably some more exotic stuff that i dont know about. its far more likely to run into NBOMe's, and less commonly DOx's (DOB, DOM, DOC, etc). i have tested some sketchy paper (larger sized doses, perf'd, printed) that turned out to be 5-MeO-AMT. that stuff and bromo-dragonfly are pretty neurotoxic and should be avoided.

3 - these days the majority of drugs sold as LSD is once again LSD in my experience. for a little while there was a bit of DOx, and occasionally more exotic stuff being passed off as L. then 25i and the NBOMes hit the scene and were everywhere. there is still plenty of it around thats for sure. fortunately, in specific scenes that are hip to psychedelics the demand for good, clean LSD was stronger.

4 - depends on where you are getting your stuff from. if its a hippie or someone from the jam/festival scene they like to talk about "heady" "family" L. they might say its "fluff" or "needlepoint" (grade of LSD crystal). while all that stuff almost always means nothing regarding the product you are getting, you have to be the one to determine whether the person is trustworthy or not. personally when i have been in that situation, i have had more luck with the more clean-cut types than the wookies.

5 - obviously the comparison of effects between LSD and NBOMe's are very subjective. NBOMe's hit my body harder than L for sure, but acid can have a very physical effect on people sometimes as well. id say 2:1 ratio of body load vs. headtrip/visuals compared to L. if you are experienced enough you can pick up on the phenelthylamine character of the visuals. phens give me a softer, more organic style visual than tryptamines, which to me are harder-edged but clearer and more geometrically focused. since this is your first time you certainly wont be able to tell the difference just by effects.

6 - GET A TEST KIT. i cant emphasize enough how important this is. people in the drug game dont give a fuck about the end user. and unless your dealer has a GC/MS no one knows for sure what is in it and how much. the best we can do is reagent test kits, which can alert to the presence of specific drugs.

7 - no, we cant identify anything for you even if that was not against the rules.

watch this documentary if you havent already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYzmZ1IU4zY

Is bromo-dragonfly really that bad? I was under the impression all of the deaths were in fairly decent overdoses thinking was a different chemical, while NBOMe has killed people at even regular doses. Can anyone fill me in a bit more on this?

There are some good answers in here already, I can't offer up much more than has already been said; however, I would definitely follow the "if it's bitter, it's a spitter" mantra, as I've had both Nbome tabs and LSD tabs, and the LSD tabs have never tasted of anything more than simple paper, while the Nbome tabs have without fail caused a bitter taste and numbing of the tongue that has usually lasted the entire experience, and is most certainly unmistakable.

I would also refer you to other threads on our site detailing the dangers and the differences of 25x drugs, such as these threads:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...e-warning-Taking-unknown-blotters-sold-as-LSD
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/611747-NBOMe-Subthread-Short-Term-Risks-and-Side-Effects
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/672333-NBOMe-Subthread-Long-term-Side-effects
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/498199-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Research-Chemicals-on-Blotters-Thread

Last edited:
Is bromo-dragonfly really that bad? I was under the impression all of the deaths were in fairly decent overdoses thinking was a different chemical, while NBOMe has killed people at even regular doses. Can anyone fill me in a bit more on this?

I'm sure all the deaths were probably overdoses, but the difference between dose and overdose still seems extremely narrow with this one, just like with the NBOMe's.

All the death's weren't due to missrepresentation though, some people just dosed too high and died. I know that for a fact because it happened locally were I live, back when it was available.

^In the end you never know with these 25x drugs I feel. When I was in school still, I saw my roommate eat 5 hits of 25i we had just gotten, and while he went almost catatonic, he came out fine and said it was a blast. Then I know of a guy (the school police department sent out a notice) who took one blotter on our campus who ended up face down, dead in a campus parking lot. You never know what the heck is gonna happen, especially the way people lay those tabs.

I haven't touched or read about NBOMEs in quite some time, so I feel I may be out of the loop here; but back when I was a pretty frequent poster here, and when the advent of the NBOMe compounds was still fresh, they were thought to be inactive orally. I certainly only took them sublingually or nasally back in the day.

Has there been any additional research or subjective reports in enough quantity to suggest that they are actually orally active?

They are definitely not active orally, many failed sublingual attempts made me go for a nasal spray back in the day. Seems dangerous to me now but qualitatively it was pretty cool. Maybe the n-benzyl substitutions that are out now are active orally? Don't think so, but it's always a possibility.