How do you know when to stop?

Alivia

Greenlighter
how can you tell if you've done too much? im scared of over doing it but my tolerance is growing so i've been doing more and more. anybody have any feelings or ways of telling that they need to stop?

My experience has taught me that I don't know when to stop. So I decided to simply not start anymore.

depends on the drug and what your experience with it is, tolerance also come into play. If it's a new drug to you go slow, if it's one you're familiar with it's probably already obvious to you.

Do you want to stop? What problems is your drug use causing for you?

There is no rule as to when the right time is, you need to figure this out for yourself. Drug abuse can be an eye opener, it brings up plenty of issues that can then be learned from and dealt with.

So you're done when you decide you're done. You don't have to continue to dig deeper if that's not what you want for yourself.

I started using during a hard time and now i can't cope without it. I have been using everyday for about 2 months.. and i'm starting to feel some serious side effects. I barely sleep, physically im sick all the time, sore, have no energy, constant headaches. I have been making terrible decisions and feel like i can't think clearly like im always foggy...I just want to stop before something more serious or permanent happens. My plan is to finish what i have and then stop.... I don't even want to do what i have cuz it makes me so sick after but i can't leave it alone if i have it.... i just really hope i can do this!

You can tell you've done too much when the consequences of getting high outweight the benefits of getting high.
Look at your life under a microscope, if it was better before drug use, you're likely doing too much. Remember, this is just
a drug and you are a person with a heart, lungs, and a brain. You have the ability to make decisions the drug can't make for you.

As long as you believe you can do it, and really believe it, I find the majority of the time you CAN do it. The more you doubt yourself, the less you succeed. Drugs are really not much different imo.

you dont, for me anyway, however it sounds to me like you actually might have a chance to turn it around, because youre recognizing it early on and thats a good thing. time fucking flys so fast that the last thing you want to be doing is realizing that its been fucking years, because trust me it happens. im living proof of it. ive lost half my life to the dope, i know it, i admit it, but do i stop no! im still sitting here with my fucking head up my ass waiting for my friend and procrastinating, getting fucking nothing done. you seem like a pretty smart person, id hate to see it happen to you.

Take a few days off mate n c how u feel. .If your withdrawing really bad then you ain't got much choice.
Seriously give it a rest 4 3 days then you'll know where your receptors are at.

If it's only been 2 months then you have got adecent chance . Everytime you go through WDs they get worse .
Good Luck n stay safe

Signs you need to stop:

Grades/job performance begin slipping.

You lose interest in any activity outside of using drugs.

Friends/family members voice concern over you moods, health or drug use.

You begin noticing negative side effects but still find it hard to quit.

Your finances or personal relationships begin to suffer.

You find yourself increasing the dose/frequency of drug use, or mixing several drugs together to achieve the original high.

Legal trouble caused by drug possession, use or sale.

You look in the mirror and don't like the person you've become.

You gave such little information how in the world could we help you. For all we know you don't know how to stop eating ice cream.

^^^Yeah, we may be better able to understand your situation if you give us more information about yourself, frequency of use, drug of choice, etc. But it still boils down to stopping when you decide to stop.

how can you tell if you've done too much? im scared of over doing it but my tolerance is growing so i've been doing more and more. anybody have any feelings or ways of telling that they need to stop?

the minute you ask this question, you've answered it. When you fear you are doing to much - that is the best time to stop. Sounds blunt but I promise you that is the truth.

i work out a lot, and was a gym rat before opiates. I knew I needed to stop when my pecs weren't able to touch themselves. When they got to a point when they could touch, I knew I could use again.

I knew it was time to stop for good when it started having a HUGE effect on my relationship with my girl. I was using her in place of the drug when I was sober, I didn't love her, I just loved the way she made me feel.

i use cocaine.. everyday all day. used to be able to stop and take breaks for a month or so and allow my body to rest but can't seem to anymore. I stopped for 7 days as i said i was going to.. symptoms all went away except for these weird headaches ont the side of my head. i started slowly using again because im dumb and now its so bad that the right side of my head is numb and throbbing and im fainting frequently. I duno how to stop and i know whats gona happen :/