• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How do i know my opiate tolerance?

ThatGuy767

Greenlighter
So if you followed my last thread youd know that i post things as i do them so this is better for the next time i try it. Do you just have to kinda test for yourself? I took 30 mg of oxy but i have 45 ( well 15 mg now) and I've been doing oxycontin since the summer I'd say I've done it maybe 10 or 11 times now i also have expereince with vicodin codeine and tramadol but I've probably done tramadol and oxy the most. Oxy the most of all tho. I'm scared i wont hit the nod this time but i havent hit the nod and taken a full 30 mg since August. Sniffed 15 mg yesterday and got like a 2 min nod (fucking bullshit lol). So I just decided to eat the 30 with about 1150 mg of tylenol. So let's hope I don't kill myself tonight as its probably been 25 mins and I dont feel anything. But I guess I'm curious as to if 45 mg would be a safe dose for a 140 lb 20 year old male?

So if you followed my last thread youd know that i post things as i do them so this is better for the next time i try it. Do you just have to kinda test for yourself? I took 30 mg of oxy but i have 45 ( well 15 mg now) and I've been doing oxycontin since the summer I'd say I've done it maybe 10 or 11 times now i also have expereince with vicodin codeine and tramadol but I've probably done tramadol and oxy the most. Oxy the most of all tho. I'm scared i wont hit the nod this time but i havent hit the nod and taken a full 30 mg since August. Sniffed 15 mg yesterday and got like a 2 min nod (fucking bullshit lol). So I just decided to eat the 30 with about 1150 mg of tylenol. So let's hope I don't kill myself tonight as its probably been 25 mins and I dont feel anything. But I guess I'm curious as to if 45 mg would be a safe dose for a 140 lb 20 year old male?
"safe dose" i've seen 120lb women take 5x that, ive also known 210lb dudes who've OD'd on 60mg, if you've been regularly consuming then 30-45mg isn't going to end you, but anytime you increase your dose, you increase your tolerance and then your previous dose will no longer cut it.

stay safe.. Oxy isn't the best opiate to get a nod on btw, infact its probably the least, of them all oxy is the one id have to eat the most of to get close to a nod.

Idk what you guys are talking about but after the "dating phase" of 2 weeks, all I do on oxy is nod the fuck out, anyway not on"45mg" doses.

I'd say to do a CWE next time with the tylenol buddy you'll just damage your liver in the long term.

100mg for nood with some weed.
Oxy alone in 40mg is a kinda weak...
And yes - your tolerance has junped.

Oxy tolerance goes up really quickly. If you make a habit of doing it over and over even at low doses yes your tolerance has gone up. 45mg is not gonna kill you but you're at the start of a bad path that will end with you needing 100mg, 200mg, etc etc... tolerance has no ceiling, it just keeps going up and up.

30-45mg is a low dose range and it sounds like you're not using daily so get off now while you still can without going through a rattle trust me it's in your best interest. Wait a few weeks then go back to codeine. Much easier to fuck about with that and not get in trouble.

Take it from an idiot who is on almost 200mg oxy per day right now, and whose dealer seems to have disappeared, and is now planning how to taper off as painlessly as possible.

I think you may be flogging a dead horse here pal, by relating and measuring tolerance to nodding.

Yes It’s possible, but as stated above, Oxy is one of, if not, the most stimulating Opioids there is. So if nodding is your aim, it will be much more effective at a lower dose of either one of the natural alkaloids (Codeine Morphine, Thebaine etc).

Obviously everyone is unique, but you should see the difference. For me Hydromorphone always got me nodding at lower equivalent doses to my Oxy. Hope this helps 👍

I've nodded off lower doses 25mg plugged I fell asleep earlier but had taken 100mg earlier on orally.
I took 600mg for suicide mixed with every bad combination and survived.
You get used to having an amount but there's no way to tell if your going to od or not. If im in a chilled good mood I'll get a good nod if I'm pissed off I be less pissed off but not nice and Noddy.

Sorry to hear of your troubles that had you making those kind of choices. I hope you are in a better place now.

You are exactly right, mood plays a part in all drug reactions, often when we don’t factor it in. In general though Oxy is a motivating opioid, whereas morphine by it’s very nature is sedating 👍