• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how dangerous is mixing ativan with clonazepam?

Alfonso_Camarga

Bluelighter
i take 1mg clonazepam in the morning and one in evening, would it be dangerous to take .5 ativan with evening dose?

Benzos are quite safe by themselves. It's hard to OD by taking just them. Of course, nothing good ever comes from taking too much benzodiazepines.

I think it's safe to combine 1 mg + 1 mg clonazepam with 0,5 mg lorazepam (Ativan).

Like @Survival0200 said, benzos are quite safe and hard to OD on, at least compared to barbiturates and other similar depressants. When I was still working in pharmacy we had a patient on alprazolam 2mg twice daily and clonazepam 2mg twice daily and our pharmacist saw no problem filling it for them every month.

So I would say that it won't be dangerous, especially if you have a tolerance to benzos in general.

Best wishes and stay safe!
Azed

it’s safe but beware of withdrawals if you take too much over time. That’s all you have to worry about. It’s not a bad combination at all for you to take. Just be safe.

Winds and travels

Tomer

Isn’t dangerous to combine any benzos, in correct doses….2 examples

Clonazepam 0.5 - 1.0mg - Anticonvulsant, anxiolytic
Lorazepam 1-2mg - Anxiolytic, sedative,

Diazepam 10-20mg, Anxiolytic, muscle relaxant
Alprazolam 1-2mg, Anxiolytic, antidepressant

Even adding that to an opioid tolerant patient…
Oxycodone 10-20mg IR / Dilaudid 8-16mg IR (1 or 2 tablets)
Ritalin 20-40mg IR / Dexedrine 5-15mg IR
Diazepam 10mg
Alprazolam 1-2mg
Pregabalin 150-300mg
Clonidine 0.1mg (half a scored tablet even)

Each Benzo has a particular advantage over others, Valium (Anxiolytic & Muscle relaxan) Klonopin (Anticonvulsant & sedative) Xanax (Anxiolytic & antidepressant properties) ….each in a low therapeutic dose, 2 benzos combined would have a more broad range of subunit activity / more effective advantages than a single drug. Adding a gabapentinoid such as Lyrica and something like Clonidine 0.1mg which lowers BP & HR, possessing robust anxiolytic & sedative properties (even half a scored 0.1mg tablets is effective in a cocktai)

bodyweight, tolerance, DDI’s, individual metabolis, fasted or fed state, etc…..all can come into play.

the lowest effective dose (low therapeutic dose) with each substance is ideal as a combination would/could have a potentiating effect