• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine How addictive is cocaine? and how to get out of the habit? how to avoid use??

aguythatlikessmoke

Bluelighter
I have used cocaine a few times never continuously I would say. Last night I snorted two lines of coke,it seems that whenever I drink alcohol and I get drunk my ability to avoid using it especially if offered to me is zero. I never fiend for it ,never crave it and never buy it cause im low on cash . Is 2 lines snorted bad? I mean i havent done it in months/ i AM SAYING MONTHS FOR REAL AND LAST NIGHT I SNORTED TWO LINES, do you think i have a risk to be an addict. How can I completely stay away from it?
How does addiction develop to snorted cocaine_
how addictive is coke to other substances?
I was so drunk yesterday that I barely felt the effects of the coke anyways not much euphoria actually seemed to raise my heart quite a bad and make me anxious.

I am just angry at myself cause I told myself I would never ever use again and I have been off it for months, I was never a daily user more of a monthly or occasional user but I completely quit and last night i snorted two small lines. I dont want to use it ever again fuck alcohol. I realized how addictive the stuff is cause i see some people and friends around me that really the habit has caused them to waste a lot of money, suffer depression,excessive sleep and almost continuous usage.Thankfully hasnt occured to me and how do i avoid this to happen to me.

I personally didn't find it to be addictive at all - even after unwisely messing around with crack almost daily for a few weeks. HOWEVER, that is almost certainly because my real addiction was to opiates; I only bought and used coke or crack if I was already high on them, and even then I wasn't a big fan of their effects. The first puff/snort was usually fairly good, but after that, it generally only made me anxious and paranoid. Every individual person has different body chemistry and therefore different propensities for addiction. Even though I haven't used cocaine in more than a year and have zero desire or cravings for doing so, another person may just as easily find it to be just as addictive as I find opiates to be.

Bottom line: the only real way to know this is to try it - and why try it if you're literally risking destroying your life? There are many alternatives that are much safer if you find you have a desire for an occasional boost that stimulants provide.

edit - I'm gonna make this its own topic, as it's too long a post for this one.

I have used cocaine a few times never continuously I would say. Last night I snorted two lines of coke,it seems that whenever I drink alcohol and I get drunk my ability to avoid using it especially if offered to me is zero. I never fiend for it ,never crave it and never buy it cause im low on cash . Is 2 lines snorted bad? I mean i havent done it in months/ i AM SAYING MONTHS FOR REAL AND LAST NIGHT I SNORTED TWO LINES, do you think i have a risk to be an addict. How can I completely stay away from it?
How does addiction develop to snorted cocaine_
how addictive is coke to other substances?
I was so drunk yesterday that I barely felt the effects of the coke anyways not much euphoria actually seemed to raise my heart quite a bad and make me anxious.

Just dont get drunk around people that do cocaine. If that is easy for you, then you have less or even no problems in the future.

Just dont get drunk around people that do cocaine. If that is easy for you, then you have less or even no problems in the future.

yea you are right two small lines aint nothing but from a little it can get out of hand and I will stay away as I am not an addict and I do not want to become one, I am not gonna even be hanging out with people that use, I will distance myself.

The biggest craving for Coke is when you do it and shortly after you stopped. At least in my case.