Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

hot-knifing raw opium

pisspotnrock

Bluelighter
I have a small amount (bit over two match heads worth) of raw opium from last season on the end of a butter knife and was wondering if it is possible to smoking it using the hot-knife method? (like one does with hash)

if you're unfamiliar with it, it pretty much is heating a knife up on a stove till its really hot then pressing it onto the knife with said drugs on the end then inhaling through a cut out coke bottle...

would this work? probably gonna try this anyway very soon coz I found some xannax bars in my room that I didnt even know I had (its probably 18 months old haha) and feel like a relaxing buzz as Im too hungover to drink

out of curiosity, if this doesnt work, what would be the best method for smoking raw opium?

thanks in advance

Best method would be using an opium pipe and lamp (I just bought a set and they're expensive as hell though these days) but hot knifing will work.

Pisspot:I think it'd work OK but have not tried that method of smoking myself. Set your expectations to low and it should be alright.

I'd love to see someone actually use a traditional opium pipe and lamp, because I cannot for the life of me see those things working with any sort of efficiency.

I also wondered why smoking opium was such a huge thing in the past when eating it is superior in my experience/opinion. Smoking opium is nice, sure, but it's short lived and shallow compared to eating a chunk.

Far from being an expert, I could simply have never had good smoking product or done it right...

I'd love to see someone actually use a traditional opium pipe and lamp, because I cannot for the life of me see those things working with any sort of efficiency.

LOL me too! I've always wondered how it works, they look so strange... The most I've done is ripped cones, so obviously an opium lamp is a bit more complex.

I imagine smoking was popular because it's almost instant, whereas eating it can take up to an hour for the full effect to kick in. It's harder to OD smoking as well, not so if you eat too much..

Opium lamps are designed to funnel the heat to a small area that's just a bit bigger than the pipe bowl. They're not that hard to use and it's more like vaporization than smoking.

awsome, thanks for the quick replies guys..

yeah I would love to try a proper opium pipe, would love to get one just to keep as an ornament..

yeah my expectations are exceptionally low and I eat tramadol (100-150mg) every couple of days so I have a bit of a tolerance ontop of that...

I realize it more of a vaporizing thing apposed to actual smoking, hence why I thought hot knifing would be the go.. either way, ill let yas know after I give it a shot %)

I imagine smoking was popular because it's almost instant, whereas eating it can take up to an hour for the full effect to kick in. It's harder to OD smoking as well, not so if you eat too much..

Yeah good point about the onset time. The best opium I've had kicked in within half an hour but just climbed and climbed and didn't peak for a solid two hours or more.

First time I smoked opium I felt nauseous. It surprised me because I had a decent tolerance at the time, but obviously the rapid effects of a decent sized hit of opium pack a punch and I understood why in those historical photos and paintings the people are lying on their sides. The effect of the hit completely immobilized me for a good few minutes.

Does your pipe have a design of sorts, Black Rabbit? THere are some really stunning pipes in museums and pics online. Ornate and just looking at them evokes another time and era - not to mention the desire to get high!

Does your pipe have a design of sorts, Black Rabbit? THere are some really stunning pipes in museums and pics online. Ornate and just looking at them evokes another time and era - not to mention the desire to get high!

It looks a lot like this one just with a bit of a smaller bowl (don't actually have a photo of mine):

catphoto.jpg

It's ivory though which is a nice feeling and has silver trimmings to it

are they hard to come by? I've never seen one in my life and Ive been to a few headshops/market places..

ivory opium pipe, sounds fuckin awsome

I've tried searching for them before on the common shopping sites, they are in my experience very elusive and even more expensive. I gather this is because they are really only sold as collector's items, not for recreational use.

bloody collectors, inflating the prices of our precious paraphernalia

That's why I keep one step ahead. I've kept all my filthy old glass pipes with taped over cracks in the stem, bits of wax on 'em, and black gunge inside. One day I'll be making thousands with those things!!

I've tried searching for them before on the common shopping sites, they are in my experience very elusive and even more expensive. I gather this is because they are really only sold as collector's items, not for recreational use.

Yeah, that's the only way I got mine. There were quite a few on the popular eSite when I bought mine but they were all 'collectables'

That's why I keep one step ahead. I've kept all my filthy old glass pipes with taped over cracks in the stem, bits of wax on 'em, and black gunge inside. One day I'll be making thousands with those things!!

Hahaha =D

Just had a look then and there's some nice ones on there again. Like this one with a hidden knife:

13141835783_29e01ed38d_b.jpg

Hot knifing didn't seem efficient any time I tried it.

Id always loose the smoke.

Like Halif said, eat it.

In a setting where you have plenty of product, you could weigh it, start low, and work your way up to find what weights a good dose for you.