Horrible leg pains from opiate WD.

StonedInNY

Greenlighter
Ok, so my story.
I'm a daily oxy abuser, not proud of it, but i am. I just recently went the longest i've gone without anything in the last 5+ years of daily use. Now i'm all too familiar with WD's unfortunatle but this time was VERY bad. All the common WD's of course, lathargic, cold sweats, constant yawning, wattery eyes, ect. ect.
But the worst of it all that made it really hard for me this time was my legs!
Christ, my legs felt broken, literally my whole leg up past the thighs, on both legs, also shakey and very weak. Ive had this before and RLS. But this time it was an absolute nightmare. I took a few oxy 30's and it dulled it a bit but the pain is still there. Im currently working my way to ending the madness of my addictions seeing as my job is seasonal so in the winter i can take as long a time i need to get well again.
Anyways, any other opiate abusers get that hellish pain in both legs?
Ive had RLS that caused pain and tingling before but never this bad before.

I'm not an abuser myself, but typically general body pain is a symptom, and it is probably just affecting your legs. I'd just give it some time and make sure that you aren't putting too much stress on your legs.

^ good advice.. if it is really bad, I would certainly see a doctor about it too. Good luck with getting clean, I hope things ease up for you soon.. <3

Anytime I have withdrawn, I have felt similar pain in my legs. It is terrible. Honestly, I have no advice, nothing helps, just wanted you to know I have felt your pain! Sure hope it let's up for you soon!

Well, pain itself is a symptom. Either it's physical or neurological. I would try to find out which it is and proceed from there.

Yes, this is pretty common, for me at least. A lot of times it'd be the worst lying in bed when I wasn't even using my legs. They'd just have shooting pains all over; quads, hamstrings, calf muscles, all aching and tight.

I think it's usually a combination of intense muscle aches as well as you using the muscles again but without opiates in your system. Your muscles get used to doing certain things, but usually doing them with the opiate blanket. When you get off you sort of have to re-teach your muscles how to function and operate off opiates. It's not like learning how to walk or anything like that. It's just going to involve you being sore for a while (though not nearly as sore as you are during opiate WDs).

I found Tylenol (acetaminophen) worked really well for muscle aches. It wouldn't eliminate them, but it'd be more bearable.

Edit: It is also possible that you've developed an actual cold as well which is making your body hurt more than normal. Your immune system is already weakened during WD, so it can make you more susceptible to regular colds/sickness.

Nice. Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Its most definitely a physical pain in my legs, makes it impossible to sleep, lay down, sit, walk. Its a nightmare and for me, aside from the mental anguish of WD's, the leg pain is the absolute worst part of all the symptoms.
As for being sick, i havent been sick anytime lately, actually havent been sick or had a cold in a really long time.
I had taken a few oxys lastnight and still my legs were hurting horribly right before i fell asleep, slep about 12 hours due to me not sleeping at all the last few days without any opiates. Slept for about 12 hours or so, woke up and no leg pain. Walked around a bit, went out to a few stores to shop ( while trying not to do the normal wake up ritual. Which is get up and get thoes oxys in me asap ) and felt fine all day.
Regardless, im kicking this as soon as possible. Found alot of good methods and meds to help counteract WD's so im gonna stock up on whatever i can find and start this journey back to a normal life.

Fuck restless leg syndrome right off. I get it anyway but it flares up bad during opiate WD. One medication that really helps RLS for me is gabapentin. It stops RLS dead in it's tracks for me so it might be worth a shot. Granted everyone is different when it comes to how they react with meds and gabapentin can have serious side effects for some people so talking to a doctor about it wouldn't be a bad idea. For the general aches and pains of withdrawal ibuprofen works decent for me but you really have to eat something before you take it and don't take it if you have any stomach troubles.

Good luck on getting off the opiates man :)