• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hope for a Heroin addict! READ!!!!!!

ImadeitoutALIVE

Greenlighter
okay so first off I just like to say I am voice texting because there is much too much to type, so any errors I apologize in advance. I have been on these forums as a visitor for many years and I never thought that I would be one of the ones posting on how to get off heroin. I've looked up what to do when you got no veins left. I've looked up how to hit a vein better. I've looked up how to shoot into my finger. I've looked up how to go through heroin withdrawals a million times and nothing ever seemed to work until I wanted it too bad enough. I do not want to glorify my drug use in the past but I feel it necessary to tell you where I was at in my active addiction. it all started when I was 16 using with my family but it was always in moderation at first...once every couple months I would get that go pick up a rig and a couple bags, get higokay so first off I just like to say I am voice texting because there is much to much to type so any errors I apologize in advance, I have been on these forums as a visitor for many years and I never thought that I would be one of the ones posting on how to get off heroin. I've looked up what to do when you got no veins left I've looked up how to hit a vein better I've looked up how to shoot into my finger I've looked up how to go through heroin withdrawals a million times and nothing ever seemed to work until I wanted it too bad enough. I do not want to glorify my drug use in the past but I feel it necessary to tell you where I was at in my active addiction.it all started when I was 16 issues with my family but it was always in moderation at first once every couple months I would get that go pick up a rig and a couple bags get high, get sick as hell that night and then wake up the next morning and not do it for another couple months. that went on for about 3 years and then two years ago after not using for about six months I started using everyday for 2 years. Dumbest mistake of my life. that is when my hell began. I started to sell it to keep up with my habit and by the end of it I was using 2 grams of pure china a day. I eventually opened up to my family and told them that I have a problem with shooting up heroin when I ended up in the ER... because I tried to get off it at a detox center and couldn't eat or drink anything(even after taking 8mg of suboxone 24 hrs after my last dose) and the nurses at the detox center were scared that I was going to go into seizures because I couldn't eat or drink anything, so i got hooked up to an IV and started being fed liquid potassium via IV. I was so depressed because as bad as I want to stop in my mind- my body would not let me. I would go as long as possible without using about 12 hours at first before my sickness would take hold of me and I would end up giving in and going to get a bag or two. But for me that was still doing amazing because I was used to taking 3 or 4 shots today and taking 3 bags at a time at least. so for the next week or so I did that every day and by the end of the week I only needed to take one a day. I strongly DO NOT advise Suboxone or methadone clinics (longterm suboxone or methadone use) because they are only meant to switch you from heroin to their drug of choice and to start you buying it from them instead of off the street. I only used 5 8mg suboxone strips!! do your research on them before you do anything with them know everything about them know about the precipitated withdrawals which could happen if you take the Suboxone too early and learn about the half life of methadone and how long it will stay in your body if you continually take it for an extended amount of time. I spent weeks and weeks and weeks previous to me getting off just researching heroin withdrawals, how to withdraw off Suboxone how to quit heroin using Suboxone, why should I not use methadone, subutex vs suboxone (some people like subutex more) all sorts of things like this. one of the best advice pieces that I have found was to start taking vitamins while going through withdrawals. I personally take 1 potassium pill, 1 500 mg magnesium vitamin. 1 1,000 mg vitamin C, 2 vitamin B12s, a multi vitamin and 2 st. John worts pills, everyday. Plus when I went to the ER they prescribed me promethazine and hydroxyzine for the withdrawl symptoms of nausea and anxiety... if you can get yourself some of those they helped tremendously!!! but BE WARNED after you get done with your withdrawals you will probably want to stop taking them because they started to make me very tired and actually started to make my stomach feel weird instead of better I think it was the hydroxyzine though I'm not sure. the main focus of this post is to just tell you that it is possible no matter how bad you think you messed up your brain and no matter how bad you think you are addicted it is possible to once again lead a normal life without it. I was using more than anybody else I know and would get sicker than anybody else I've ever seen and now I feel better than ever!!! and I'm only 11 days clean off Suboxone and 15 days clean off of dope... And half my post just got deleted but I will come back and continue in a bit!! Ughh so aggravated ! Lol

Glad to hear that youre feeling so much better. Thank you for the uplifting and positive story

Thanks for the specific vitamin information. I am in the process of tapering off of H and had read that vitamins were a great addition to the process of getting clean, but I'd yet to find anything as comprehensive as your post. I'll be headed to GNC (or Wally World) this afternoon with this list. Good luck on staying clean and thanks for the info!!!

If you are using the mobile version it will delete your post when you try to edit. If you don't want that shit, go to the support forum to switch over to desktop version. Congratulions and good luck.