• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Home recovery

thenewbie

Greenlighter
Hi. I am really wanting to get clean from meth. Going away to a rehab is not an option at all. Are there people here that have detoxed and have gotten clean at home and not a treatment center? I could really use any and all suggestions/advice/information/resources. Thanks.

I have never done meth so I can't really give you any good advice but if you want it bad enough I think you could quit at home. Eat, sleep, and stop calling your dealer. Delete the numbers and quit hanging around with anyone that does it. It won't be easy no question but I gave up opioids on my own ( no help from the medical community or psychiatrists or anything ) but I am older and just got tired of the life.

Sometimes I think people just need to get fed up enough to quit and realize there is more to life than getting high all the time. It's hard....really hard But it can be done. Stay strong.

I have never done meth so I can't really give you any good advice but if you want it bad enough I think you could quit at home. Eat, sleep, and stop calling your dealer. Delete the numbers and quit hanging around with anyone that does it. It won't be easy no question but I gave up opioids on my own ( no help from the medical community or psychiatrists or anything ) but I am older and just got tired of the life.

Sometimes I think people just need to get fed up enough to quit and realize there is more to life than getting high all the time. It's hard....really hard But it can be done. Stay strong.
Wow! Congrats! You're an inspiration. Thanks for the advice. I know it sounds stupid to some people but my dog is my motivation to stop. She's my everything and has saved my life more than once and she deserves to have a clean 'mommy'. Thanks again!

Wow! Congrats! You're an inspiration. Thanks for the advice. I know it sounds stupid to some people but my dog is my motivation to stop. She's my everything and has saved my life more than once and she deserves to have a clean 'mommy'. Thanks again!
My pleasure. And I don't think it's corny or stupid at all to want to get better for your dog. Our animals that we love and care for don't need to be confused by our drug habits. They depend on us. It isn't fair to make them wonder what is wrong with us. I am sure you are everything to your dog. I know mine thinks I am the end all and be all and I love her too.

Just remember that you are stronger than you think you are . Stopping taking meth ( or any other drug ) is the first part of our struggle. What comes next is where it gets really hard and that is not contacting your dealer. Every day that goes by gets you closer and closer to how you really want to live your life. I know you don't want meth to rule your everyday life.

I like to tell people if you find yourself really struggling and aren't sure if you really want to stop, start by cutting down. Only cave in when you are on the brink of madness and then make it short and sweet. Kind of like releasing the steam on a pressure cooker.

I , of course, want to see you quit but I also know that is much easier said than done. I hope you stay strong.

Wow! Congrats! You're an inspiration. Thanks for the advice. I know it sounds stupid to some people but my dog is my motivation to stop. She's my everything and has saved my life more than once and she deserves to have a clean 'mommy'. Thanks again
My pleasure. And I don't think it's corny or stupid at all to want to get better for your dog. Our animals that we love and care for don't need to be confused by our drug habits. They depend on us. It isn't fair to make them wonder what is wrong with us. I am sure you are everything to your dog. I know mine thinks I am the end all and be all and I love her too.

Just remember that you are stronger than you think you are . Stopping taking meth ( or any other drug ) is the first part of our struggle. What comes next is where it gets really hard and that is not contacting your dealer. Every day that goes by gets you closer and closer to how you really want to live your life. I know you don't want meth to rule your everyday life.

I like to tell people if you find yourself really struggling and aren't sure if you really want to stop, start by cutting down. Only cave in when you are on the brink of madness and then make it short and sweet. Kind of like releasing the steam on a pressure cooker.

I , of course, want to see you quit but I also know that is much easier said than done. I hope you stay strong.
I have only have been using for about 5 years so I know its just a short amount of time compared to many others but I have using daily for about 3 years. I have bipolar disorder and severe anxiety and agoraphobia so no one has noticed any difference in me simply becuz the typical signs pepole see if they think you might be on drugs are exactly the same you see in my diagnoses and I've been like that since I was 12. Makes it a little too easy to get away with using. Even my psychiatrist has never asked me about drug use.

Anyways, thank you for your advice and encouragement. I am going to save this conversation so I can reread it when I do try to stop using. Thanks again!