High Free Test, mid-range Total test.... what's going on?

bdomihizayka

Bluelighter
I started HRT half a year ago. My most recent bloodwork is as follows

Test- Total 745 (250-1,200)

Test- Free 200 (35-155)

What is going on here? I am STILL suffering symptoms of Low T such as no sex drive, lack of energy, foggy head, no motivation, depression etc- currently not using or abusing any other substances and my diet is on point.

I am 26 by the way and bodybuild.....

Estrogen may be high? I know some on trt test who get high estrogen. Have e2 checked to make sure before adding in any other drugs.

E2.... high/low..? You might be low on aromatase because of years of low test..

E2.... high/low..? You might be low on aromatase because of years of low test..

My Estradiol is 77 reference range < OR 29
ESTRONE is 97 reference range < OR 68

Glucose is 114 reference range 65-99

So the estradiol/ estrone could be the culprit?

My doctor did call me in after I go this test and said he wanted to give me some kind of medicine to take to prevent "bitch tits" so I guess it would be something to counteract this nonsense.... yea?

And my total test should go up?

Last edited:
I have been reading and come across several sources that attribute synthetic androgen administration (or maybe low t) as one - among many - of the primary causes of low sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) levels. Also, some sources say low total testosterone together with low SHBG are factors indicative of potential metabolic syndrome. Glucose is high, insulin resistance is possible. High insulin is correlated with low SHBG. Metabolic syndrome, namely insulin resistance (aka diabetes), high blood pressure, abdominal fat, high blood pressure, and high levels of LDL cholesterol. These cause low SHBG. I think estradiol and shbg are positively correlated. So I wonder if the SHBG deficit is unrelated to your hrt and conversion to estrogen.

Admittedly, this is all irrelevant. Ask doctor about aromatase inhibitor. Spread out the dose over intervals to keep a moderate but stable level of test. Lose fat.

I have been reading and come across several sources that attribute synthetic androgen administration (or maybe low t) as one - among many - of the primary causes of low sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) levels. Also, some sources say low total testosterone together with low SHBG are factors indicative of potential metabolic syndrome. Glucose is high, insulin resistance is possible. High insulin is correlated with low SHBG. Metabolic syndrome, namely insulin resistance (aka diabetes), high blood pressure, abdominal fat, high blood pressure, and high levels of LDL cholesterol. These cause low SHBG. I think estradiol and shbg are positively correlated. So I wonder if the SHBG deficit is unrelated to your hrt and conversion to estrogen.

Admittedly, this is all irrelevant. Ask doctor about aromatase inhibitor. Spread out the dose over intervals to keep a moderate but stable level of test. Lose fat.

Depends how soon after eating he took the blood test... Several BGL's throughout the day should show whether blood glucose is under control....

Estradiol is on the high side, as stated estrogen (and thyroid hormones) are implicated in the mediation of SHBG, consider adex 0.5mg e3rd day...

Depends how soon after eating he took the blood test... Several BGL's throughout the day should show whether blood glucose is under control....

Estradiol is on the high side, as stated estrogen (and thyroid hormones) are implicated in the mediation of SHBG, consider adex 0.5mg e3rd day...

My doctor JUST put me on .5mg of Arimidex once a week.... do you think this is really enough to quell down my estrogen and improve my test? I know on cycle, I was using Arimidex EOD.....

And I am at about 20% bf now- in the process of cutting, so I know that had something to do with the estrogen dominance...

No, that's not enough anastrazole. Have a word with him.

What's your prolactin (PRL) level? This is very often the culprit...