• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hi. Could really use your help

jane4444

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm a brand new member. You all seem very knowledgeable so I hope I've come to the right place. Bear with me, this is kind of a long story. I use to get diet pills online but when they were no longer available I was told Modavigil would give me the same energy boost. I've been taking it for over 2 years now. I take about 600 - 1200 mg per day. (I know that's too much but it gives me the boost I need) I went to the doctor last month and found out my cholesterol levels were way too high. I'm thin, don't drink or smoke but it does run in my family. My blood pressure was low 92/66. I'm too skinny but I'm sure that's due to the Modvigil. I try to eat more. Anyway because of the high cholesterol my doctor put me on Lipitor. He also renewed my prescription for trazadone, to help me sleep, which I haven't taken for years.

About a week after starting the Lipitor and combining the Modavigil with the Trazadone I became exhausted. Like can't walk up a flight of stairs exhausted. My legs ached. Getting out of bed to feed the dogs was a chore. Everything was a chore. Even talking. My short term memory sucks. When I checked the side effects for Lipitor these were listed. Went back to the doctor and he ran more blood tests, said it wasn't the Lipitor and is referring me to a rheumatologist. My doctor does not know about the Modavigil. My question is do you think I coincidentally have some other problem not related to the pills or is it the Modavigil in combination with the Trazadone. I'm taking 200mg's at bed time which I did in the past with no problem but wasn't taking Modavigil at the time. Thanks for reading... Jane

Not a Doctor, but chances are it is because of the medicine. Sounds like he just pawned you off to another doctor (imo). You can always stop taking the new medicine for a week and see how you feel afterward.

(Just putting the "pieces" together...) Just think, you weren't feeling tired before the medicine ... and now that you are on the medicine you feel suddenly tired... (probably the medicine)

BUT where there something in your blood work that made him refer you?

I stopped taking the Lipitor a few weeks ago and still have the same symptoms. Yes I do believe he's pawning me off. I've never been one to complain or have medical problems. He said my blood work was all normal except the cholesterol.

Oh and the first appointment I can get with the rheumatologist is August! I checked around and found another for June. But just seems to coincidental that I suddenly have some other problem.

Trazadone can make me feel hungover, especially because I don’t actually sleep on it

I think I'm going to try stopping the trazadone and suffer through with not sleeping rather that stopping the Modavigil and possibly going through withdrawal which I imagine would be the same symptoms that I'm having now.

He also renewed my prescription for trazadone.., which I haven't taken for years.
Thanks for reading... Jane
I would venture a guess that traz is dragging one down and causing "lethargy".
If one has no tolerance to this drug it can really sap ones energy.
Edit: Maybe lower the dose of traz?