• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Heroin to suboxone tomorrow! huge habit

direwolf322

Greenlighter
Hi everyone , this is my first post. I'm making the jump to suboxone tomorrow... my last shot was at 7pm tonight. I've been doing about $70-$200 a day (1 bundle or more a day) for 4 years. i've been on suboxone before... but i've tried lately 4 times and went into pw's each time after waiting 24 hrs and in full withdrawal, like 28+ on cows chart everytime ... i 'm trying again tomorrrow... has anyone tried titrating up slowly after the withdrawals begin.... i'm thinking /.5-1 mg through out the night.... i hope this works... i really have no support... the last time i did this... i was so close.. like 22 hrs.... my parents stopped by and saw that i had ativan sitting on table and weed, called the police on me.... it was a nightmare ... specially because i'm 41... i hope people answer this... because i may need to chat tomorrow.... and have NO one to talk to... all friends have alienated me when they found out i had a habit... no one could tell because i run 2 businesses and well ... you just wouldn't know. but i'm on my own this time for good... and when i get through it , i'm leaving everyone in the dust for good.. friends and family... god , i wish i had help with this. i went to rehab once but hated it.. so thats a no... please someone answer

Hello direwolf322. Welcome to Bluelight.

I have never had to deal with this personally, but you have posted in the correct place.

Since you have been through this before, you do have an idea of what you are facing.
People with deeper experience will be around at some point, to give you subjective advice that works / worked for them.
In the mean time, use the search engine.
Welcome.

I'd have to say the chances of a rough induction are going to be high, but you might be on to something with the small doses of Subs to mitigate the chances of PWD.

Low, repeated doses of buprenorphine/naloxone (e.g., 2mg/0.5mg [or lower]) may be an effective mechanism for safely dosing this medication in persons with higher levels of physical dependence.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17517480?dopt=Abstract

This is Not a guarantee that that it won't be rough but probably your best bet . Best of Luck to You DW.

You might think about adding Kratom to your arsenal.
I know with a 1-2 bundle a day habit (i used to go through about the same amount out in Philly) you're going to need all the help you can get and Kratom is, in most states, still legal.
If this is of interest at all PM me.
Oh, and best of luck, I know how fucking hard it is to do what you're doing and with no support...well, I can't imagine...

just my experience, but when I went on subs I had to keep using dope and introduce the sub in small amouts over a few days (I'd shoot it). Then when I was able to get past the dreaded pwd's and you have sub in your system you can just back off the dope.

I feel like everyone is avoiding the answer to the OPs problem. He's trying to induct sub too quickly. If he shot up Heroin at 7 pm and tries to start sub the next day he will go into PWs every time. OP, you should wait until you are deeply and miserably in withdrawal, maybe 36 to 48 hours after your last shot and then use small amounts of sub until you begin to feel better.

The only reason for PWs is inducting too quickly and that's something you definitely have control of since it doesn't sound like you are going through a sub doctor. I may be wrong....that's just how I read it. You can smoke some weed, take a little bit of a benzo, whatever you need to help you get to the point that you can induct without problems.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Regarding the PWDs, once your H habit is high enough you literally can't switch to bupe without experiencing days of WD: Either you wait to take it and experience wd, or take it after 24hrs and experience PWDs.

You just cannot avoid days of feeling like shit when switching from a big habit

Had to laugh at how little money a "big" habit is in the usa. $200(USD)/day is f-all in Australia.

Anyway - my advice is to use methadone and rapidly lower that and switch to bupe for long-term and jumping.

just my experience, but when I went on subs I had to keep using dope and introduce the sub in small amouts over a few days (I'd shoot it). Then when I was able to get past the dreaded pwd's and you have sub in your system you can just back off the dope.

This has also worked for me.

My suggestion is usually to taper down a bit before induction. Sometimes your tolerance can be so high and you could wait a full 48-72 hours and still not feel well. The best is if you can get down to a dosage that is equivalent to 80-100 mg oral morphine before waiting the 18-42 hours before induction. Hard to do with street drugs. Taper and then start with small doses of like 1-2 mg bupe every 2-3 hours untill you feel "well".