• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin taper

Ih8mylife

Greenlighter
I've been on dope for 2 years plus now. I've been off for a couple months 2 different times. Both times cold turkey. Now I have acess to a supply of the same quality of heroin and it doesent change for long periods of time.

Recently over the past 2 months I've been tapering down. Each bah of dope is the same consistency, and weighs .4

At the peak I was sniffing 2 grams a day to stay hood and 3 to 3.5 to catch one or two highs thruout the day.

I started consciously making an effort to pay attention to the amount i sniffed and the hours between. I started trying to do less and have more time pass.

Then it got to the point where I would wait til I was in a decent withdrawal, almost as much as you would need to score for subs, then I'd dose just enough to not be sick.

At the peak if I didn't have a half a gram every 4 or 6 hours i was already sweatin.

Right now I'm at the point where one of these .4 bags can last me a 24 hour period. It's an amazing relief. I still get sick if I go without but it's not as bad as early. I can sleep for 12 hours without waking up drenched in sweat. I can sleep for 12 hours and wake up and not immediately go out and cop, and not even worry cause right now I'm not spending all my money on dope.

I'm trying to keep this going. I don't have the love affair I has with heroin before. Last times I quit I didn't fully want to and I missed the drug. Thee last 2 months of taper made me realize I don't love the drug anymore and it won't get me high without costing me everything.

Anyone else ever successfully taper themselves off heroin on this forum? Just looking for other stories

I haven't gone through what you have, and I have no advice but I would like to say this:
It is really amazing that you are truly trying to get off of this stuff. It is incredible to see someone with self control over something so addictive.
My father OD'd on heroin, and I am happy there are people like you out there trying to get better and get off of it.
Stay strong, and keep fighting :)

How pure do you think your dope is? Could you believe 5%? That would mean your 2 grams a day is about 100 mg of actual heroin, which is a much more realistic number. Again I could be wrong, but because of the amounts you say you use and seeing other people who use that amount locally and knowing what kind of hard solid black crunchy dope that many times smell of coffee and my comparison of it to 30 mg methadone, which should be equivalent to 30 mg Morphine or heroin from my understanding. I found I would use 0.25-0.5 or 12.5-25 mg heroin per shot, which again sounds more realistic where 10% is more like the higher quality dope..... It's pretty sad that's the high quality dope too. Literally there is no pure dope where I am, which is famous for crap dope yet a crazy heavy dope scene. It's hard to believe.

I wouldn't doubt 5%, I understand how drugs are, especially in the USA. There is another kind of dope around where you pay the bill denomination under 20 but above 5 for about 15 to 20mg of dope. It seems those will never get me high even if I do 4 or so but just one keeps me not sick for 12 plus hours now. I prefer the more cut more weight dope. Seems to be more per dollar and I like to snort decent sized lines

Hello, Ih8. I would just work myself out of that habit. First off, there are a shit ton of threads about the good?, bad and ugly side of heroin. Utfse!

Im not judging, but Jerry Garcia said it best. It is a dead end drug. Smoke weed. I'm just sick as f@&k of all the people dying over a
dangerous drug.

Not judging at all, just saying.

2nd that, smoke weed. That's what I am doing instead now, and dabbing wax. Also, DMT really helped me today when my willpower was failing.

Just wanted to say congrats man for making it this far! That is a huge accomplishment already I just recently tapered off heroin and I am not clean yet but there are no opiates in my body. I'm still physically sick 2 weeks later, well I took a 4mg suboxone since I couldn't take it anymore after I jumped. My taper was much too fast. I went from needing it every 4 hours or I would be very sick and completely dysfunctional throwing away any sort of responsibility without question unless it involved getting my fix, as the feeling of withdrawal is unbearable, to dosing with much longer space between hits, to nothing. Going to nothing has been by far the hardest part. I really miss dope, but I think that will change.

What I did was take the dose that made me feel sick, but bearable, just enough to keep me from going crazy but nowhere near a good high. Then, instead of dosing every 2 to 4 hours, I dosed every twelve. See you can taper using longer time periods between doses, and I prefer this to just lowering the dose at the same time because it is dealing with the compulsive redosing. You could try going slowly going longer and longer without that bag, like starting off by going a 24 without for a week, which you said you can do but it sucks. And then maybe try once every 2 days or lower your dose to a 3/4 bag or half a bag and keep going.

While doing this I always keep a journal, although I haven't used now in a bit - the journal has Time / Dose / Reason on it, but I'm sorta replacing it with my feelings now because it varies so much day by day. I dosed specifically at noon and midnight and allowed myself not a minute out of line, or a milligram higher than my target. I also tapered using oxy's last year and my experience was that I did it way too quickly and PAWS destroyed me, so take this slow. If you have consistent connects you could drop your daily dose by 10 or 20% per week or something like that (when I do 50% cuts or more it starts getting bad).

Then make sure you are at a low dose when you jumped - I jumped at a solid bag of quality dope a day, and I'm doing okay but concerned about relapse.

Is there any chance you could get your hands on something longer acting and standardized in terms of dosage? Like tramadol, buprenorphine or methadone, or even extended release morphine?

Whenever I didn't have an active habit cannabis use would mitigate a lot of the constant craving I developed for opioids during my darker years, but I certainly wasn't able to get off opioids just by using cannabis. It took smarter opioid use to get off of them, tbh.

I am actually still slowing my heroin useage. I have my last amount, and 1 8mg strip of sub.

I know from my experience i can take less than 1mg of sub and be okay for more than a day. So im gonna do 1mg then take 0.75mg a few days after if i feel bad, and decrease and inscrease eaits between, until its not needed. Enough xanax foe the first day or two only. Well actually for maybe day 3 or 4