• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Herion during pregnancy!!

Niteowl07

Greenlighter
I'm new here to bl as far as posting goes, but been getting alot good information from here and found myself in need of some answers or advice anything really.. so I've been trying to kick a H habit for quite sometime and so has my girlfriend but we only sniff and only do 4/5 bags maybe a day and we are splitting them also..jus found out she is pregnant and I have no clue on how to go about helping her detox right way so baby comes out fine and healthy.. read some things on here saying methadone..but with this virus bs going on it's hard to get into any hospital..if anyone could help out with any advice on how should go about with this? Like wish she could jus get admit to hospital for 5days to detox or something. But appreciate yall

I'm new here to bl as far as posting goes, but been getting alot good information from here and found myself in need of some answers or advice anything really.. so I've been trying to kick a H habit for quite sometime and so has my girlfriend but we only sniff and only do 4/5 bags maybe a day and we are splitting them also..jus found out she is pregnant and I have no clue on how to go about helping her detox right way so baby comes out fine and healthy.. read some things on here saying methadone..but with this virus bs going on it's hard to get into any hospital..if anyone could help out with any advice on how should go about with this? Like wish she could jus get admit to hospital for 5days to detox or something. But appreciate yall
You have to convince her to go to a detox. Replacement therapy is going to only put your baby through withdrawals and unfortunately this will only cause you guys problems with CPS later on down the road.

Yes we both were quitting was getting meds for the w/d till found out about this. So she willing to detox or do whatever but thing is what to do?

No, do not detox If you want to keep this baby. what you need to to get your Gf to a doctor. She needs prenatal care and assessment before any decisions can be made. They might put her on methadone or suggest a taper plan but it needs to be the doctor’s decision! She is far from the first to be in this situation and they will know what to do.

please don’t listen to bluelighters on this! Except for me of course.

Yes we both were quitting was getting meds for the w/d till found out about this. So she willing to detox or do whatever but thing is what to do?
Detox. If you can afford it a private rehab if not, call your state funded detox( if in US) ask them how long till a bed is available. I suggest you both take advantage of this opportunity. Refuse any opiate based comfort med and tough it out. Other meds are fine and then follow the directions a licensed medical professional gives you.

No, do not detox If you want to keep this baby. what you need to to get your Gf to a doctor. She needs prenatal care and assessment before any decisions can be made. They might put her on methadone or suggest a taper plan but it needs to be the doctor’s decision! She is far from the first to be in this situation and they will know what to do.

please don’t listen to bluelighters on this! Except for me of course.
I’m not going to argue on this mans post, but your suggesting a doctor won’t report this either?

I really do appreciate the advice yall giving me.. hopefully they start opening things up here in Virginia where I'm from so she can see a doctor, everyone is only doing facetime over the phone smh.. would it be better for her and the baby to go on methadone or try to get administer to the hospital so could detox there. She has no insurance but I do and money won't be a issue. If any females on here that had or know someone in some or similar situation what was the outcome of the baby? Thanks again.. this is my first and her too and I'm really nervous as f**k lol but jus wish we would have tried to quit sooner.. we was taking kratom here and there also..

Withdrawal can cause miscarriages. This is the reason methadone or some other substitution therapy is usually recommended in pregnancy.

Whatever you do I highly recommend doing it under medical supervision.

Can you get some oxy and taper her down in like a week? It would be better to taper and detox during first couple weeks of pregnancy .. Just make sure she is staying hydrated and taking vitamins . If you get in the “system “ they will flag her and cps could get involved . I was on oxy during my last pregnancy and as soon as I found out I started to taper and got off . They do a drug test during your initial bloodwork for pregnancy and when you go into deliver and they test baby , so she has to be clean at delivery or cps will be involved . If her habit is too bad and she normally has bad withdrawals then y’all will prob have to do methadone and baby will have withdrawal at birth 😒. Good luck

It is not a crime to get pregnant while addicted to drugs and it happens all the time. Any doctor worth a shit will put her first and help her out if you explain the situation. I am not an expert but am pretty sure in the us you will be covered under doctor patient confidentiality.

but you’ll need to do research on your own to be sure. I’d simply call a few doc offices and ask them what the protocol is here.

in the meantime here is a resource that should help.

Last edited:
It is not a crime to get pregnant while addicted to drugs and it happens all the time. Any doctor worth a shit will put her first and help her out if you explain the situation. I am not an expert but am pretty sure in the us you will be covered under doctor patient confidentiality.

but you’ll need to do research on your own to be sure. I’d simply call a few doc offices and ask them what the protocol is here.

in the meantime here is a resource that should help.
So why would a detox be any different ? Again I’m not trying to split hairs on a mans post generally needing help. I just worry about the toxins you’re introducing into the system while a baby is being formed and developing. I do think your right, a personal doctor may be more sympathetic, a detox will be impersonal. But if it was me and I could help things happen I’d prefer my child not have any risk of possibly being born addicted to anything. That’s setting a trend to develop later on in life. Methadone is not your friend. Neither is any other opiate. But a doctor would be best to talk to. I’m not a professional, nor do I have a child. I just can’t simply in harm reduction tell someone who’s wanting to quit to switch to another... longer acting drug... so maybe we can split the difference and all come up with something to help OP

As other said, it's not a crime. It happens. Please visit a doctor, stop using drugs during your pregnancy.

I am definitely not saying she should go on methadone or should not detox. I am saying that any maintenance or detox plan should be made and monitored by an actual obstetrician. I am not sure how detox centers work but I doubt they have procedures to monitor fetal health and come to think of it I’d be surprised if they even accepted a pregnant client.

I hear you on the maintenance argument. Giving birth to a kid who is addicted to opiates day 1 means a fairly long hospital say to detox the baby and god knows what psychological and physiological problems down the road. But the fetus will live, whereas with the very real stress of detox, who knows?

to the OP: please keep in mind that while I’m sure we are all well meaning, we are just a bunch of random online drug addicts. Please seek advice from a real doctor!

I am definitely not saying she should go on methadone or should not detox. I am saying that any maintenance or detox plan should be made and monitored by an actual obstetrician. I am not sure how detox centers work but I doubt they have procedures to monitor fetal health and come to think of it I’d be surprised if they even accepted a pregnant client.

I hear you on the maintenance argument. Giving birth to a kid who is addicted to opiates day 1 means a fairly long hospital say to detox the baby and god knows what psychological and physiological problems down the road. But the fetus will live, whereas with the very real stress of detox, who knows?

to the OP: please keep in mind that while I’m sure we are all well meaning, we are just a bunch of random online drug addicts. Please seek advice from a real doctor!
Yeah for sure. All I know is in my state they have a whole separate wing for pregnant patients. I’m not sure if that includes obgyn or not as I wasn’t in there. But what I liked about it is they have case managers there, to not only help the person detox.. but to get you set up in services to help you keep off it. The hard part about recovery isn’t always getting off it but staying off it. Especially when a new baby comes along, sadly that’s why so many people relapse. I would definitely confer with a medical professional before making any decisions OP please get that appointment scheduled ASAP even if it’s just one of your regular doctors I’m sure a telemed appointment could at least get you a direction to go in.

You cannot cold turkey/detox without risking losing your fetus.

The best advice I can give you is to not detox. Seek out ORT, or a legitimate pain mediation prescription you can use responsibly.

Randomly coming off opiates may result in a stillbirth.

Thank you all! She has started a methadone clinic program. And I'm going with her. I appreciate everyone help or advice.. this is gonna be a loooong journey quiting h when been on it for 7plus years but I'm sooo ready for it especially with baby on the way.. wish me luck yall. I will keep in touch and let know outcomes

Thank you all! She has started a methadone clinic program. And I'm going with her. I appreciate everyone help or advice.. this is gonna be a loooong journey quiting h when been on it for 7plus years but I'm sooo ready for it especially with baby on the way.. wish me luck yall. I will keep in touch and let know outcomes

Good luck man. :)

I really wouldn't worry about the baby being born opioid dependent. Its always been my understanding that there aren't really any long term negative consequences. There are with drugs like alcohol, but not methadone.

Whatever you guys do though I wish you well. :)