• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Here we go again

VastEmpty

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I just took my last dose of 15 mgs of oxycodone about five minutes ago (I’ve done a quick taper over the last three days - down from about 60 mgs). It begins again - I haven’t done this for a few years, but I remember it well. Wds remind me of the feeling you get in a nightmare...where you are moving slow and feel like you are underwater - only it lasts for a fucking week instead of five minutes.

I’ll be coming back to update everyone on progress. I just have to remember to trust this process and let my body heal.

Wish me luck.

- VE

I wish you all the luck in the world!!!

And...if you succeed, please post back on how you made that happen. I've been trying(??) to quit my heroin habit for months now. I had a hellish induction with Zubsolv a few weeks
back and now I am terrified to try again. I do have clonidine in my arsenal this time so maybe that will be a game changer.

Well, I totally freaked out on day 3 and took some oxy.

I have since come up with an entirely new plan - I talked to a family member about helping me with a taper plan. I am SO tired of feeling like shit all the time. The last time I did a cold turkey off of 80 mgs and was fine (by fine, I mean I wanted to die for a week straight and barely survived).

I’ve thought a lot about the difference between last time I did it and this time - I think it is mostly that, when I did the CT I had planned everything out and felt fine prior to day 1. It wasn’t until I quit taking the opiates that I felt bad. Then it was just a matter of struggling through the Acute phase and then feeling “ok.”

This time I just feel too weak to go through it again. So, taper here I come.

I’ll keep my thread up.

- VE

Hey VastEmpty,

Good luck man!! I really mean it, as I too, am going through yet another opiate detox. There seems to be no way around it except through it, even with comfort meds. This time I have clonidine and Zofran to help me ride out the lengthy induction period for Zubsolv. The last time I didn't wait long enough and threw myself into PW's.

Seriously, post back.

Yeah a longer taper would definitely be a good idea. I'm not a fan of rapid tapers. They don't do much other then placebo ime

Drop like 10mg every 3-5 days depending on your supply. When you get under 10mg stretch it out for 10-12 days. Shouldn't be terrible if you do that with your comfort meds

Hi, endless! I’m feeling ok, thank you for asking.

I’m still plugging along on my taper and I’m doing another drop tomorrow: it’s about a 15% decrease.

Here is my dosing schedule:

Wake up (around 7:00-8:00 depending on the day - sometimes as early as 6:00, but that is rare): 7.5 mgs
Noon - 7.5 mgs
4:00 - 11 mgs
7:00 - 11 mgs

It should be a fairly easy drop. I will let you all know how it goes.

- VE

So how did the month go?
I am on a Tapper.......but the problem is No tapering
still around 20-30mgs / day
start out feeling like shit make it to 2:00 or 4:00 pm and then take 10mg then 10 mgs then 5 or 10 more mgs Fuck this sucks!!!