View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Here we go again: a schizophrenia and lsd question

joe1191

Greenlighter
Today, I found out my great aunt, on my mother's side, allegedly had schizophrenia.
As far as I know, no one else on either side of my family has had schizophrenia, but bipolar disorder is present on both sides (I do not have bipolar disorder fyi).
I've tried LSD once and took one "strong" tab of blotter. Everything went fine except I was resisting the LSD a bit.
I want to try it again and at a higher dose. Would you think it's safe?

Okay.... so while I do understand the whole pushing the limits thing, because believe me unfortunately I am the type of person who always want to go hither more more more but throughout all that lately I've finally gotten the message that I've needed all along. Maybe I just need to be satisfied with what amounts I decide on or have rather than take a certain amount and be sad or annoyed that I didn't take more. This can be applied to all drugs

If you have taken a strong tab and it was fighting you a bit, what would lead you to think you wanna go higher?!? I do understand but I dont. I once took a very high dose of mushrooms which is very very similar to lsd and it was the BIGGEST regret of my life and I wouldn't wish a trip like that upon my worst enemies. Nobody deserves to go through that and if I can prevent it for others then I feel like I've done some good.

I have tried lsd before and many many psychodelics and this is the one type of drugs you don't wanna push the limits with until you are ready. If it fought you a bit then try that dose a few more times until you feel completely comfortable. It's like jumping off a cliff, just because you jumped from 20 ft doesn't mean you can automatically jump from 100ft. You understand? That little push you got from your one dose is the lsd warning you that you aren't ready to completely give yourself to it.

Please take my advise, whatever you are in it for (enlightenment, information, resolutions, ect) these things take a very long time to achieve you aren't just going to get it from one trip. Good luck friend and safe travels =D

You should be fine. As long as you've never had any symptoms of psychosis or anything ever. Just always make sure to have benzos on hand and increase your dose slowly.

How old are you joe? Schizophrenia usually appears during your late teens early twenties. If you're older than that you're more than likely not going to develop it.

As to taking a higher dose - no-one but you can judge that. If you're the kind of guy who panics on LSD then it's not the drug for you. Personally even when I've taken doses sufficient to stun a charging gorilla (sometimes accidentally) I've always been able to simply lay down for an hour or two until it becomes managable again. No problem at all. But obviously some people can't do that - they call the police to come and "help them".

There is a world of difference between actually having schizophrenia and your great aunt *allegedly* being schizophrenic.

Its probably safer to do it a 2nd time at a higher dose than if you were trying it for the first time. You know what to expect.

Its more along the lines of smoking generic weed or something and completely losing it. Good acid would more than likely completely wreck these kinds of people (and I mean that in the kindest possible harm reduction kinda way...!)

I'm 19, so I'm right in that area unfortunately. Hahaha yeah, honestly I thought I handled it fairly well for my first time since I damn near did it on my own (my sitter decided to drink and get super stoned) and my sitter has never tried any psychedelics. I just think I may have been resisting the acid instead of letting myself fully let go in it, like I probably should have.

LSD was studied as a medicine to Shizoprenia, because LSD provoke 5ht2 receptors activity in braincells.
When people have shizoprenia or depression, 5HT2 and other receptors are very uneffective.

Psychedelics are very effective in treat of depression and shizofreny.

But modern medicine do not need healthy people....

You can find planty info about receptors study all over the world. The most big one is in german language and was studied in 2004 and writed at Berlin Frei University by Ralf Heim, creator of first NBOMe family drugs.