• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

HERBS AND SUPPLEMENTS THAT HELP WITH PAWS

HerbsQuit

Bluelighter
Note: these are what help me, i didn't do clinical trials on people.
PAWS from quitting MTD.
Consult with ur doctor before taking supplements if u r taking any other medications.

There are several forms of herbs, capsules as in supplements or u can take it as tea. There are pros and cons of these two different types:

Tea:
You need to know how to brew it right and use correct doses from whole dried leaves/ flowers on ur own. Works in seconds. Stimulate ur taste bud.

Supplement:
You can just swallow it. Can't adjust ur dose. More powerful effect. Takes longer to feel the effect. Sometimes they mix with other ingredients like vitamins, amino acids, other herbs, which makes it problematic if u also want to take multivitamins/ other vitamins. For example, it's a bad idea to take too much of B complex or Magnesium. Yes u can overdose from Vitamins. Some Herbs is best taken as supplements.

BEST MOST HELPFUL HERBS:
1. Ginkgo Biloba
This one works in a week as day to day the ants crawling on arms subsides more and more. Im amazed myself. It's a brain supplement, increase circulation and oxygen to brain. Do not take if u r taking blood thinning meds like Warfarin. This one best taken as supplement in capsules that is standardized extract.
Side effect: Ginkgo may make u bleed more. If u have period (for women), or about to go to surgery, avoid.

2. Passion Flower
This one works like Benzo in brain. In fact i found out that taking this together with Valium reduce the dosage needed for Valium by half. E.g 5mg of Valium+ 250mg Passion Flower extract = 10mg Valium. If you can ditch the Valium, just take 500mg of Passion Flower extract in Supplement form. This Herb (the leaves of P. Incarnata) u can make also as tea when u need instant relief but supplement is stronger.
Supplement side effect: diuretics

3. Chamomile
Best made as tea combined with slices of fresh ginger. Instant effect. If u dose it right and time the brew right, u will get the calming effect without the diuretics. U need to try by trial and error.

4. Valerian
Makes you sleepy, warms up the body. This one i prefer by tea than supplements because Valerian can upset the stomach (Acid reflux). With tea u can take sip by sip and see how u feel.

5. Lavender
Best used as massage oil for headaches on both temples. Lavender makes ur body cool. Don't u feel cold already? I feel always cold during PAWS, so i avoid massaging Lavender anywhere on my body except the head. I don't think drinking it is a good idea too. It's a very strong coolant + diuretic.

BEST MOST HELPFUL SUPPLEMENTS AND VITAMINS:
1. This brand of Probiotics called "Garden of Life Mood+" it contains lots of beneficial bacterias for the endless pain in the ass IBS, plus it contains Ashwagandha (Calming, boost resistance to stress) and Blueberries (Super food with high antioxidant). This one keeps me "sane". Less up and down "psychotic" mood.

2. Vitamin C extended release capsule non acidic
Remember that IBS? Get the one that's non acidic. Extended release supplies ur body with constant Vit. C through the day rather than one big dose in one go. A huge dose especially taken on empty stomach in morning can make u run to the toilet. It helps with ants crawling on arms.

3. Vitamin D3
Makes me sleepy when taken at night. And also makes me sleep better.

4. Vitamin B Complex
Helps with energy level, mood, nerve health. Take after eating.

5. GABA Supplemet
Hey sometimes i can feel my neurons firing excessively, i suspect the culprit is norepinephrine. Making me anxious. I take this. But i don't mix them with the Herbs. You wanna know what pregab feels like without the pregab? Take this. Wait 40mins then drink a cupof espresso. Voila. 75mg Pregab!!! 😂

6. Magnesium
300mg Magnesium works like wonder for muscle pain but...worsen my IBS and diarrhea. It's a give and take with this one. If taken in low dose like 100mg it helps just a little but with less side effect.

7. OMEGA 369 (FISH OIL)
This one helps with brain, muscle and sleep.

DRINKS TO AVOID
Caffeine. Alcohol. Citrus juice.

FOOD TO AVOID
Junk food. Processed food.

DRINKS THAT HELP
When i cant take solid food i just drink Avocado Juice. Or eat Banana.

FOOD THAT HELP
Nutritious real food. Salmon. Tofu. Protein rich food. Shallots help warms my body i love it.

OTHERS THAT HELP
Exercise, at least once a week 1 hour until u can do twice a week. Sunlight. Walking. Music. Someone who loves and support u, or someone u can talk to, laughters, sleep hygiene/ good sleep habit.

MEDICATION I PERSONALLY AVOID LIKE THE PLAQUE:
SSRI: Makes my whole body instantly crawling with ants like i have serotonin syndrome even at 5mg of escitalopram. (I have more Serotonin than Dopamine?)
SNRI: This is the worrrrrsssst. I already have way too much norepinephrine that i desperately need to lower down. Taking this feels like i added espresso on my already caffeine overdose self.

Let me know what Supplements or Herbs that works for you!

For me personally, no substance really helps. Exercise works well for PAWS but supplements, vitamins don't do anything for me. Cannabis worked okayish for sleep, cannabis and booze also made me forget about lovely morphine for a few hours before sleeping. But booze and cannabis are quite a harsh combo, often felt like shit the next day.

I think that most is just wasted money. Exercise vigorously, eat enough nutritious food and you'll be fine eventually.

I hear herbal teas are nice.

And helpful with :

Green Tea literally helps for a world of sicknesses

Dandelion tea highest concentration of beta Carotene you can get

Hibiscus tea miracle shit for heart liver and kidneys

Lemon ginger tea major gut healer

Cinnamon anti viral and mucus destroyer

black seed oil and microgram NALTrexone are the two things that really helped me, ime.

. You wanna know what pregab feels like without the pregab? Take this. Wait 40mins then drink a cupof espresso. Voila. 75mg Pregab!!! 😂
Huh?
it's actually like that? I thought pregabalin was quite potent.
I barely feel anything when I dose 500mg GABA, maybe 1500mg will do it? along with some good light stim?

by the way, one thing that is helping inmensely for my kratom PAWS it's Tongkat Ali extract, I started feeling fairly NORMAL after dosing with that shit for a couple days,
I also dosed black seed oil, ashwagandha and sometimes a fenugreek shake (fenugreek powder, 6-10 grams, with a fruit and (veggie in my case) milk)

SNRI: This is the worrrrrsssst. I already have way too much norepinephrine that i desperately need to lower down. Taking this feels like i added espresso on my already caffeine overdose self.
I can attest that SNRIs are fucking poison, I don't get how they can be prescribed (oh well, or maybe I know too well,...)
my ex-gf took that shit and I've seen the withdrawal of Pristiq, it seems like a total hell on Earth, like you start being a zombie full of despair and hopelessness, strange feelings like vertigo, crying like a baby full of trauma.... horrible shit, and imagine that along with having BPD. Please guys/gals, don't ever take that shit.

When quitting valium I used magnesium (glycinate is best) and l-theanine. They seemed to have a mild but real effect. I avoided any herbs with GABAergic effect simply because there would be no point in taking them during withdrawal from another GABAergic, but I'm sure they can be effective if that is not your case. Just be careful not to get addicted to them

Agmatine has an instantaneous similar anti-depressant action as ketamine, but without the high. Supplementing with magnesium (glycinate) and the jonesing is dramatically reduced.