View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help with transcripting a Terence McKenna lecture

Aukikco

Greenlighter
I'm doing a finnish translation of Terence McKenna's lecture Psychedelics in the Age of Intelligent Machines. I'm almost done with the english transcription, but have some problems in deciphering some of the more mumbly parts.

You can find the lecture at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-335621086425739066#

54:40 no more than the trilobites or the ??? or all the rest
1:04:20 and then you find yourself confronting a ??? in the year of one billion AD
1:23:35 And technology developed and developed and mushrooms were ???, there was migrations...

I'd be very grateful for your assistance!

(just to make sure - I restarted this topic on a different area after a recommendation by a moderator)

Last edited:
No vid via that link dude...

Ah, messed something up while moving the thread. It's corrected now!

"there was migrations..."

While McKenna may speak rather creatively, I'm pretty certain he would not commit such a gross grammatical error.

"there was migrations..."

While McKenna may speak rather creatively, I'm pretty certain he would not commit such a gross grammatical error.
Well, I checked, and he did. Would the singular form be correct because he's listing stuff in that sentence? If you're making a list of several singular occurencies of plural-amount-objects..?

Fastandbulbous, thanks for the correction. For a while that pushed me into questioning whether I should be doing this translation stuff at all, but well - learn as you go :D

I haven't listened to the lecture cos I'm not a McKenna fan but the correct English term would be "there were migrations" I would think. Even native English speakers don't necessarily speak the language "properly" ;)

^ To quote Oscar Wilde "Britain & America - two peoples separated by a common language" =D

"and then you find yourself confronting Yvette Mimieaux in the year of one billion AD"

Yvette Mimieaux is the actress in the 1960 film version of The Time Machine.

No clue about the others.