• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help with Suboxone Withdrawal - Questions

fuckinfrenchtoast

Greenlighter
I really can't find anyone who has the exact same experience as mine, which is probably normal, so I made this account for this post alone.

I was removed from my suboxone program. Long story short, the nurse there is a psycho, she would always yell at me etc. and one day I had to hang up on her because I couldn't get a word in and all I was asking about was my insurance, which is her job, I guess she does it to everyone and I was told to not take it personally. Well I did. I told her if her job stresses her out this much, she needs to find a new one. BOOM, SHE removed me from the program.

She removed me when I had 1/4 of a strip left. I went from two a day, to one a day, then only for four days I took 2 mg and completely jumped off because I have no other choice unless I want to go spend $30 on one strip, which is not happening. I have been on bupe for almost 4 months. What should I expect? My last dose was yesterday at 7 am, right now it is 9:30 pm. I am prescribed gabapentin and I take that. I don't feel sick but I am wondering if it's because the bupe isn't out of my system yet. Do you think I will withdrawal? If so how long, what is it like? Withdrawing off opiates was too much for me to handle which is why I ended up in a bupe center anyways.
I hope I get some answers, and thank you to anyone who took the time to read this.

I really can't find anyone who has the exact same experience as mine, which is probably normal, so I made this account for this post alone.

I was removed from my suboxone program. Long story short, the nurse there is a psycho, she would always yell at me etc. and one day I had to hang up on her because I couldn't get a word in and all I was asking about was my insurance, which is her job, I guess she does it to everyone and I was told to not take it personally. Well I did. I told her if her job stresses her out this much, she needs to find a new one. BOOM, SHE removed me from the program.

She removed me when I had 1/4 of a strip left. I went from two a day, to one a day, then only for four days I took 2 mg and completely jumped off because I have no other choice unless I want to go spend $30 on one strip, which is not happening. I have been on bupe for almost 4 months. What should I expect? My last dose was yesterday at 7 am, right now it is 9:30 pm. I am prescribed gabapentin and I take that. I don't feel sick but I am wondering if it's because the bupe isn't out of my system yet. Do you think I will withdrawal? If so how long, what is it like? Withdrawing off opiates was too much for me to handle which is why I ended up in a bupe center anyways.
I hope I get some answers, and thank you to anyone who took the time to read this.

I jumped @ 2mg once. It wasn't absolutely horrible. It will be moderate W/D symptoms and being drained of energy for a week or so, it took me a month at least to sleep normally.

I would keep your gabapentin and try to find benzos, maybe things like tramadol or clonidine if you can find them. People also talk about Kratom, but I don't know what that is. Benzos were huge for me. I did feel dependent on some of these things trying to sleep two weeks later.

I would stock up while you can, you're most likely going to be stuck in bed once the WD starts.

Good luck, people are always on this site to help.

Someone will chime in with better advice, I just saw your post and gave my immediate thoughts.

Maybe you can call your nurse in a month and thank her for helping you kick opiates.

Last edited:

If you've only been on buprenorphine for four months you won't be in for too horrible of a time. It won't be fun, but it won't be the end of the world either. It generally takes 2-4 days for you to really get into acute buprenorphine withdrawal, and it should not last more than two weeks.

You have gabapentin, that is great. It will help a hell of a lot. Can you get some clonidine? That is another basically must have and will really help. Also a benzodiazepine like diazepam or clonazepam will make things a lot easier at bedtime. Or at the very least some kind of sleep aid like trazadone or Seroquel. Also I strongly suggest you get yourself some loperamide, as it will help with any GI symptoms you might have.

What kind of support do you have in your daily life with this? Does anyone IRL know what you're going through, or are you on your own?