• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help with Suboxone Dose

tsen734

Greenlighter
My apologies if my post is not relevant. don't know how to connect to get help here.

Hi guys I am new n here is little abt myself -- 6.1 ft, 84 kg and Asian male. I have been using arnd 300 mg oxys (apotex OCD 80) average and 2 gms of coke on daily basis for almost a year. cocaine hasn't been and isn't a problem for me coz it reacts strangely with me and i don't get the euphoric feeling??? It increases my efficiency and gets me going. I was tapering on oxys by myself but it was tough. 7 days ago decided to take medical help to come clean from opiates and cocaine and from 12th Dec I started on Suboxone. it seemed better option then methadone to me. started with 2 mg but wasn't enough since the oxy withdrawal didn't go away. today is the 7th day n I am on 12mg Suboxone. I still crave for Oxy a bit but nothing crazy and I m little agitated at times (but 20X less then how much it cud've been). sleep ok except 3to4 times m awaken while sleeping since day one.
I've Few doubts hopefully someone can help me with their own experiences. Is 12 mg Suboxone a big dose n hard to get off? should I increase my dose as I still have slight of withdrawal symptoms still present. My doc advised 14mg but I insisted on staying on 12 mg. I plan to get off Suboxone by tapering it once I stabilize myself on a optimum dose. Any advice would be much appreciated.
I believe there is always an exit where there is an entrance.

12mg is kind of a high dose, but so is 300mg of oxy. I think you can quickly (after a week or two) taper down to 8mg or lower.

I have a similar question kind of......my dr just increased my dose of suboxone from 16 to 20mg. And i found myself to feel so barfy all day after i took it. Today i went back to 16 because im assuming its the suboxone making me feel sick although it never has and we have been trying to find my appropriate sose for 3 months. I was 83 days clean when i started it but my PAWS were still really bad as I had been abusing fentynal in the form of fake 80s. So my question is, has anyone else gotten sick from their done being too high??? My issue is I am starting to have withdrawals again by the late evening every day. So my dr just keeps upping my dose. My pharmacists suggested splitting it instead of upping it but now im used to 16mg every morning. I just wanna feel better!!!!!