• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help With Heroin

AngelDown

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I'm a recovering Heroin addict. Been clean for a year, and just ended Suboxone therapy a couple months ago!!!! Decided to to talk to some people cause I just cant due the whole AA/NA thing, And it always helps to talk.

My first suggestion to anyone is never use more that 8mg of Suboxone a day to start with. Its just harder to get off of those ridiculous doses. My DR prescribed me 24MG per day for 3 years, and I never took more that 8mg then down to 6mg pretty quickly in a day. So now I have over 500+ 8MG Strips to return to a hospital or somewhere. he just never listened when I told him my dose was lowering and I was tapering off. It was like he wanted to keep me on them forever. And being afraid of being removed from his services I just said yes and came in every month and got my script. I wish I could use these to help other people, but I know that's not allowed here.

I'll jut say I'm here to help anyone who needs it. I successfully tapered off of subs on my own after 3 years of using them for therapy, and previously for another 2 or 3 years using them to chip and dabble. Which NEVER worked. Just allowed me to exist, barely. Hope you all are well. And It does get better. I know it does.

Hey, thanks for joining! I look forward to getting to know you and hearing of your ongoing journey.:)

wow first off id like to say CONGRATS to you on getting off subs, that is an amazing feat suboxone is incredibly powerful.

I have been on suboxone, 8mgs, a day for 4 years now and the thought of coming off it terrifies me. About 2 years ago, I actualy tried to come off it, I did the taper over the course of a few months, but then when I got down to 0mgs, I started using heroin again immidiately. I think I lasted about 2 weeks off the subs...

how were you able to do this? get off the subs i mean.... I feel like I did the taper right. How did you get through the cravings and depression once you got down to 0mgs? If I were you id get rid of those extra subs ASAP, it is amazing to me that you haven't used any

keep up your recovery, I wish you best of luck, congrats again, maybe someday Ill be like you...