• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

HELP: Klonopin withdrawal question

nokingofengland

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I have a question about klonopin withdrawal. (Hoping I'm overreacting here. Forgive me if so.)

Context: I have a prescription for .5 mg tablets, which I've been taking roughly every other day for the last five weeks or so. Sometimes, I've done 2-3 days in a row, and no more than 48 hours without. I had 30 pills and after 42 days, and have 4 left.

More context: I have a refill, so getting more isn't an issue. Should also mention that many of these days, I've smoked a small amount of marijuana in conjunction with the klonopin. (Usually 2-3 hits is all.)

I took a .5 mg pill 48 hours ago and made the mistake of reading online forums about benzo withdrawals. I know I'm probably being super over-anxious, but I'm now terrified that if i don't take one I'll have a seizure or some shit. I didn't realize it was so long-acting; I thought I was being safe by taking the occasional day off!

Do I need to be as worried as I am, or is this low dose for such a relatively short time less a cause for concern than some forums would have you believe? Because I'm super worried!

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi there. I understand your worry, but based on what you've described, I think you can put the worry aside. The dose you're taking is small, and you've not been on it very long. Betwythose factors, I can't imagine you'll have any physical withdrawals if we're to discontinue using the clonnies. The real danger with benzodiazepines come from stopping after a long history of use.

With that said, you'll of course want to consult with your doctor about quitting. First off, I'm no medical professional, so it would be smart to get his or her read on the situation. Second--and probably more urgent--I'm assuming your clonazepam Rx is due to non-trivial psych symptoms...it's important to make sure that any hanged to your mess won't exacerbate those.

But overall I horse I can out you at ease a little bit. I'm pretty confident that you're just fine. :)

I agree with simco

When i first started klonapins i took them here and there ...no issue ...diffrent story now 7 years,later but you can probably taper your doses and be ok ...i am also not a doctor ...but i am yapering mine right now and doing it slow because i have been on them so long ...

Let us know how it goes ...

It sounds like rebound anxiety to me. Nothing to worry about.

I am glad your feeling better about it ...please post back on your progress i would be curious to see how you do ..honestly i think it will be easy but i would still like to know for sure :)