• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help! horrible, large, painful as hell, lump on arm getting worse daily

Petrified

Greenlighter
A few weeks ago I missed a shot. My whole underside of my forearm swelled up and turned red. I've had similar expieriences to that over my 11 year addiction so I wasn't too concerned. Slowly the swelling went down n seemed to localize around a forming lump. The lump grew slowly at first but the last maybe five days it gets progressively worse and more disgustingly daily. I've never had or seen anything so bad. The pain at times is excruciating and almost intolerable. A few nights ago the pain was so intense I couldn't take it anymore and my boyfriend stuck a needle in it in hopes to drain n relieve some of the pressure...only nothing but a single drop came out. The next day however it seemed to speed up it's already rapid progression n since has become a huge lump,the top seems to be almost translucent as I can see the liquid moving under the skin. It's purple n green on top, I'm assuming from blood and pus. It randomly leaks now, never a lot of liquid though, but when it does leak the smell is awful. I know it's an infection. It's been there for weeks now. I don't have a fever or expierience chills. It looks so bad and hurts so much I am literally petrified. If someone could tell me how to post a picture I took a couple. I thought it was just a abscess but I can't even find a picture online of one that looks anything close to as bad as this is. Please help

Go to your local emergency room or walk in medical clinic now. Don't lie to them about what happened because the doctors and nurses are going to figure it out in less than 10 seconds. If you don't have insurance and/or can't pay, go to the ER. They got to treat you even if you can't pay. And don't go totally wasted. Good luck!!!! It hurts to get an abscess drained and there is not much the doctor can do about that.

Steve

Last edited:
An abscess can be very big. I won't link to anything here (not that I see how Bluelight can really be considered SFW at all), but there are plenty of pictures out there of some pretty enormous ones. Don't be a dumbass, get it drained and disinfected by a doctor. There's no way you can properly drain a large abscess yourself with a syringe; in some cases complete drainage can even take a few days.

An abscess can be very big. I won't link to anything here (not that I see how Bluelight can really be considered SFW at all), but there are plenty of pictures out there of some pretty enormous ones. Don't be a dumbass, get it drained and disinfected by a doctor. There's no way you can properly drain a large abscess yourself with a syringe; in some cases complete drainage can even take a few days.

couldnt of said it better myself