• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Help-Anybody? Benzos

Yacking

Bluelighter
I need to calm my butt down, get some sleep and decompress.
I'm redlining completely losing my shit.
I'm wound up spinning my wheels on some major bs malfunctioning in life that has no final verdict for 2 more weeks. I've been stressing out for way too long.
I haven't slept right in...I don't know. I'm at like week....day 33 coming off the benzos.
It's only 33 days?????
Omg I thought it was like 7 weeks. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

My attitude SUCKS and I have to be in a calm professional manner. Like, a week ago.
Before I screw something up and make this worse. 2 jobs and the lives of 3 families depend on me being professional.

What can I take thats over the counter that will just chill me out. Just give me a break.
I don't even know WHERE to get weed or anything so I'm serious about OTC that won't screw up my taper.
My prescriptions for stuff like Ambien (tried twice, no affect) and even red wine isn't cutting it.

I guess I could try drinking all day to see what happens. I'm pretty much up for whatever works for a bit. I think it might make it worse though. The wine definitely didn't leave me feeling better the next day.

OR IS THERE a legitimate point where taking one Xanax really is the best option?

All the chamomile tea in the world isn't going to make a difference and I know meditation practice. I've tried "positive thoughts" and all that.
This beyond all that.

I need to chill. Badly.
I cannot adequately express how ragey this feels.

When is enough enough and time to take a one off?

I don't know what else to do. I keep thinking it will pass but it's not.

Every minute feels like 30.
Someone just tell I'm fkd and acknowledge the post.😭
It'll feel better than nothing.

Try meditation. Im serious. It helps to quiet that voice in your head (which is really loud during benso wd). It might take a while before you get effects though.. Look up guided meditation on youtube if you find it hard concentrating.

Meditating is the only way I have managed to shut up that voice.
Maybe not the anwer you was looking for but maybe it will help you. Just try to make it a routine.
Stay strong and stay away from the bensos!

I'm stuck on everything that can possibly go wrong because by some impractical fate IT HAS.
This whole deal I'm in was supposed to be sealed and guaranteed nearly 3 months ago and suddenly every possible mistake was made by a 3rd party in the last 3 weeks and now I'm on the last ditch effort to fix it. I will find out in 2 weeks if I can save this catastrophe.
I never saw this coming. It's like a complete jinx.

Thank you for responding.

Hey.

Acknowledged!

Well in spite of all of my advice to the contrary (about substitution of benzos.): take a Xanax (not sure what strength tabs. you have). Your main issue is Klonopin as we know. Not Xanax. And as you yourself have read: Klonopin is one of the more difficult benzos. to get over or taper from. So instead of being so hard on yourself (which is probably doing more harm than good let's be honest): take a Xanax. Just monitor how you react i.e. sounds like to me you're active now (work and such?) so just make sure you're capable of driving and functioning (it would depend on the strength of your tabs. which hopefully you can split if they're like the max. dosage).

Drinking, by the way, is not an option. Not in my opinion anyway. For sure that will make you dysfunctional. That's a guarantee. And I'm pretty sure the last thing you need is a DUI.

And like I've said before: take it easy. It's been a LONG LONG time on Klonopin. This is not a race. If needs be: slow the taper. There's really no point in making your situation psychologically worse due to being anxious and panicking all of the time.

Thank you. They are .5 and I just needed input from someone with more knowledge and/or legitimate interest in me getting off this (not a casual random JUST DO IT) or I'd completely beat myself up for being a failure in the morning.

I don't need them during the day or regular use, I just need one to relax long enough to sleep tonight.

I'm talking one, literally. TYSM.
I'll try that.

It really is a pleasure.

And it's no failure that you've taken a Xanax. Not at all. One thing is for sure: you are doing your best effort with the Klonopin and have been doing well. So good on you and so far as I can tell: you should be proud of yourself for not giving in to increasing the Klonopin dosage (I reckon it'd be fair to say THAT would be failing somewhat).

And let's call a spade a spade (not that this is anything I'd want for you): if you're going to HAVE to go through withdrawals no matter what you do then rather it be Xanax than Klonopin. I'm sure you understand what I'm getting at here.

Personal opinion: better not to put yourself through too much for fear of failing. Sometimes (as with many things in life): it's possible for things to simply just become "too much" and we then will say "screw it I cannot take this anymore" and when you look again you're having to start the whole entire process all over again.

I hope you sleep well!
I haven't increased.
I'm down .75 in a month and staying there longer than planned but realize I've met my match and better slow down.
I can feel some sanity kicking in now. 😁
Mine are quick dissolvable and work pretty fast.

I slept very well finally and was able to function today with a rational mind and stable mood.
It's not 100% of course but a major improvement.
I probably should have taken one days ago.

2 things I noticed unexpectedly.

1. Xanax feels nothing like my Klonopin and definitely does not take away the physical feeling of "missing" the Kpin dosage. But it certainly restores sanity in me for serious mental/emotional crisis.

If/when I get that bad again I'll take one for sleep. I cannot keep sane with sleep deprivation of that magnitude.

2. It tastes horrible...I don't know how I never noticed that before. 🙂

Hello.

Well needless to say: a lovely post, good news, and I couldn't be happier for you.

You just keep going.

By the way:

You're supposed to SWALLOW the Xanax not EAT it (in reference to your saying how horrible it tastes)! Lol! Only joking i.e. I'm sure you're not eating them. If you want to experience something that tastes REAL bad (even although you've just swallowed them with water) then try those "z-drugs" like Zopiclone (in particular). The taste lingers the whole of the next day and it's not pleasant! Lol! But no: that was just a joke i.e. you're doing JUST fine seems to me.

Thank you!

The Xanax are the ones that rapidly dissolve in my mouth. ODT the bottles say.
Tastes quite bitter. 😁

Stole it from Wiki 🙃

An orally disintegrating tablet or orally dissolving tablet (ODT) is a drug dosage form available for a limited range of over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications. ODTs differ from traditional tablets in that they are designed to be dissolved on the tongue rather than swallowed whole.

I can't cut these or they become powder.