help!...am i IMMUNE to DXM or something???!

mr. E

Bluelighter
alright everyone...okay, curiousity got the best of me this time...i had read several good reports about dextromethorphan-hydrobromide here on bluelight before and several other places...did some reading up on DXM...and thought, what the hell, i'll give it a shot...so...here's what puzzles me...i couldn't have had a tolerance since i never did DXM before...and i'm not on any medication or anything...i got a 100 mL bottle of cough syrup with the only active ingredient as dextromethorphan hydrobromide...i read the label carefully...15 mg/5 mL (1 teaspoon)...just DXM, not in polystirex suspension for time release...the rest of the stuff was just stuff like water, glucose, grape flavour, all that...no acetamenophen (sp?), no ephedrine...so, i had about a total of 255 mg of DXM within 15-20 minutes...nearly the whole bottle...and umm, well, hardly anything happened...my pupils never dialated like they're meant to, i didn't get any visuals or visual distortion, no out of body experiences, no time distortion...almost none of the effects that are supposed to occur...all i felt was a little bit light, and i had a slightly elevated and at the same time confused feeling to me for several hours.
so what's up with that? as far i think i read on errowid, the ammount that i had was a medium dosage...so why didn't it affect me? i read to get cough syrup or medication with DXM as the only active ingredient...which i did...so i duuno if it's a a stupid question to ask "am i immune or something to it", but i'm quite curious? did i not have enough? anyone with any answers and insight into what the hell went wrong, it would be hugely appreciated if you could post and let me know...thanks!
peace!
smile.gif

------------------
I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

mr. E, I can't tell you if your immune to DXM or why you didn't get tha trip you desired, but I can warn you about the highly addictive properties of the drug.
Way back in...damn it's been over a year since I first took the drug, anyway, my friend went to the drug store and brought me back some coricidin, sixteen pills to be precise. I downed them all within a half hour, as did my friend. Now, Coricidin is a decongestant for peeps with heart problems and inside the little red pill, you have 30 Mg dextromethorphan hydrobromide. If you do the math, I took 480mg my FIRST TIME!! I will never forget that night for as long as I live. It was a mindfuck and a half! I was T R I PP I N G, hard.
The next morning I woke up at like 9:00AM after approx. 45 minutes of sleep and ran to my bathroom, put my head in tha bowl and started dry-heaving. I felt so sick. I would come out of the bathroom, then go right back in.I was hooked on it though. I had the mentality that, OK, tonites trip is going to be worth feeling like shit tommorrow.
*fast foreward one month*
I had now lost my job to laziness, my car was barely drivable, and I would walk to the drug store everynite to !STEAL! some more pills. I was really fucked off the path by this little red pill.
I lost my apartment and moved back with my mother, where I currently reside. I haven't touched the drug since April, though I wouldn't mind getting the pure powdered form, Coricidin has all kinds of chemicals that can fuck your heart and lungs up, which is why I quit.
Knowledge is the key to understanding, and I hope you've gained some insight about DXM from my own experiences with it.
~*Be safe and be careful mr. E.*~
------------------
~*~*~~Think of me as a reflection, like the moon on water. When you see me, and I try and be a good man...see yourself~~*~*~
Dahli Llama

hiYo,
Mr. E, first of all. I am no expert on DEX or DXM. (same differance). But, http://third-plateau.lycaeum.org/
is the best site I've found on the subject thus far. You may have already been there. But especially, (I know it sounds lame). But
Read "The beginner's Guide to DXM". It tells how you should configure how much DEX to dose based on your weight. And it has a very good description of the plateaus!. And possibly your not taking enough. But you want to make sure. NOT TO TAKE TOO MUCH. And make sure you either have a friend there with you (Especially in higher doses), or someone accessable to you.
I've tried DEXing yes, only once. I did 3 and a half ounces of the Robitussin M/S. And heh, I pretty much feel asleep. Don't remember tripping or anything. When I woke up about 4 hours later. I feel that "Robo-wawlk", and that "drippy-feeling" too.
I've been thinking about tring it again. But I personally don't really like the suppressive effects of the drug. If you want you should ask RuRu for advice.
Good Luck and Good Trip. heh
Peace
Apples
------------------
BLueLiGH!T |is| The EcStaSy |of| Internet

mr. E, please do me a favor and DO NOT drink cough syrup... if you live in Canada (like me) you can goto any local drug store and pick up 1 (or 2) boxes of sucrets (extra strenght, cherry flavored, red box), make sure the only active medical ingrediant is DXM Br.
if you think the taste of the sucrets is disgusting then you can do this extraction, this removes all the bad dyes and sugars and leaves only DXM behind.
1. Crush up the sucrets
2. Put them in a bowl of water
3. Put in the microwave
4. Heat for 3 mins
5. Stir
6. Heat for 1 min
7. Stir
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until completly disolved
9. Pour off water (or pour water through coffee filter) being careful not to pour the powder at the bottom
10. Let powder dry, scrape with razor blade (or immidiatly at to a drink)
11. Enjoy (remeber if you get itcy it's normal, dont freak out, and if you dont itch yourself it'll go away
12. Find a nice comfy place to lay down and trip, remebering that DXM takes a LONG time to work it's way through your body
PLUR

ok well you wont see things on only 255, also for some reason DXM doesnt cause that much tolerance, if youve rolled before than youve already gained that initial amount of tolerance for the drug (same enzyme in liver)
but you definitely should have gotten fucked up none the less, definitely should have felt a bit trippy and pretty drunk
just wondering, what kind of syrup did you buy?, try it next tiem with a full bottle (down the whoel damned thing) of robbutussin maximum strength cough (not the cough and cold kind and not the DM kind) those 4 oz' should definitely do the trick even though you still probably wont see lots of stuff but if you really want to then try a bottle and a half
also if you have access to it you can go with the cough drops method or the contac coughcaps (not jsut any contac capsules, the kind you want are only available in canada though)
------------------
AleX
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"
- Buddha -