• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello, I'm new, and I have a question?

sunshinefactory

Greenlighter
My question: Is it okay to ask questions? I know we should use the search function, and such, but my most prominent questions have to do with combinations between prescription and recreational drugs. I've seen some posts about bad combos between two different kinds of recreational,. but I have been prescribed steroids, antibiotics, etc, and I am looking for what I can and cannot do on my medicines. Now that I got that out of the way...

I'm 18 years old, female, and love experimenting and learning about new things. I've been lurking on all kinds of drug information forums for over a year and I say my knowledge is probably limited because I'm the kind who would skim a few different experiences and opinions on a drug before going and giving it a shot. SWIM has had a few experiences but desires more, SWIM can never find the things she wants to do. But I'm just here to learn and to share, and to meet fellow like minded people. I find myself often getting into fights with people who don't understand the "drug acceptance" mentality. It is personally distressing - how do you all deal with these people?

I am getting an education in computer engineering and hope to live a successful and happy long life. And this forum may help on the happy part :)

And lastly, I'm from the NY/NJ area. I jump around a lot. My favorite place? Manhattan.

greetings and seach 'swim' - not appreciated on the forum >

Thanks for joining up. You have definitely found your last stop for drug and harm reduction knowledge. Check this out to answer all your forum etiquette, rules, etc. :)

Hi there :)
I am into computer engineering education too, what excactly are you learning?

I had been in college for several years until 2006 when I had a very severe car accident. Having 13 broken bones made it hard to continue :\ Subsequently I became addicted to opiates for the several years following. I have gotten my demons in check now and have enrolled in college at ASU. I had been planning on a major in psychology but have decided to enter a nursing program instead and go from there...

Wow, good that you are better now - keep it up!!

You plans sound very interesting. Check the work you gonna to before you start a long term education. I now it is not always possible to get all "faces" of a job - but i sometimes be unsure about my decision to enter computer science. I doubt that i want to stay their for a long time.

Psychology was another plan i also had. Really interesting stuff :)

What is a nursing program? Learning to be a medical nurse (in a hospital)?

Yes I'll start with an LPN then onto RN. Perhaps I will become a nurse practicioner or something similar. It's just small steps now though. I can't overload myself physically and mentally and get burnt out...

Yes, take your time - and have fun with this work.

Did something similiar for about one year at a hospital. Hadn't much response in the job though coz it was alternative service (wasn't at the military and worked therefore at the hospital).
I think it can be challenging. But it is also rewarding as you meet alot of different people. For me it was good, i could improve my "social-skills" which were not good at this time :)

What does LPN and RN stand for?

Licensed Practical and Registered Nurse. I love being able to help those in need plus I will be studying/working in a field that I have a true interest in. There is nothing more fulfilling than having true satisfaction in what one does...

Hi sunshine factory, welcome to Bluelight :)

Yep, SWIM is frowned upon here. There is a thread in SUPPORT that you could read for a detailed explanation here.

Now, with you question about interactions... to start with, use the advanced search. You can find it up the top of every page under the search tab. Search for the generic name of the drug, and the chemical name in the thread title. If you don't turn up any results, maybe you could start a thread in Basic Drug Discussion or Other Drugs asking your questions. Post all the medications, supplements you're on etc and hopefully you'll get some good replies. If there isn't much info on here it will be good to get it out because surely someone else will have those questions one day.

Welcome again :)

What's up sunshine? From NJ myself but work in the city... as for people that don't understand the whole drug acceptance thing, it sucks. They see junkies and think that's what drugs will lead to. They don't realize half the people they work with get high because those people do so responsibly. I understand their fear of it and its healthy to have it, however to condemn it while remaining ignorant is silly. Ignorance is not bliss in this situation.... but um yeah, welcome to bluelight!!!