• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello from East Texas

nobodyknows

Greenlighter
Hello everyone! I am a 40 year old who suffers from Fibromyalgia and Bipolar. I do not do any kind of drug. I am considering it but I am a bit too chicken. I am here to learn as much as I can about a few drugs so that I can make an informed decision about taking something to help with my chronic pain.
God bless
Nobody Knows....

Addition to my post

Hello everyone! I am a 40 year old who suffers from Fibromyalgia and Bipolar. I do not do any kind of illegal drug. I am considering it though. I am here to learn as much as I can about a few drugs so that I can make an informed decision about taking something to help with my chronic pain. I have been on Hydrocodone for the past four years for the chronic pain until today. I have never experienced the high that many get from hydrocodone but wish I could. I know that sounds weird but I just have a very high tolerance to medication and my pain is so bad that I am considering smoking pot to ease it. It is not legal in Texas and I am very scared of getting busted because it would devastate my husband’s reputation at his job.

My doctor is so strict that it took four years to get her to increase my hydrocodone just twice. I was only at four 10's a day after four years. If I were to ever get a script for anything with codeine in or anything like that she would fire me as a patient. You have to sign a contract allowing her to drug test you at random. She is the only pain management doctor in my town. I am too afraid to go to another doctor for fear she will find out and I'd lose the only medication I get.

Today she changed my medication from Hydrocodone to Opana ER. I have been reading as much as I can find on the medication but it is all really just about the same from one site to the next. She put me on two 7.5 twice a day. So far... it has not helped with the pain. I am out of hydrocodone and I'm hurting so bad. How much longer will it take for it to take affect?

I can get my hands on pot because a lot of my cousins smoke it but I am just not sure what to do to ease the pain the safest way and I remember when I smoked pot a few times in high school that crap knocked me right out. I can imagine how it would affect me now. ugh!

Any ideas? Remember... I am a grandma and I keep them a lot and they are only 8 weeks and 2 years so, I can't get lost in drugs.

Thanks and God bless
Nobody knows.....

Hello nobodyknows, welcome to Bluelight :)

NMI isn't suited for these questions, so you won't get a great deal of responses here. I used the advanced search engine (you should learn how to use it!) and found a number of threads that you would be interested in.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/search.php?searchid=5124389

The one that stands out to me is the Opand ER Mega Thread in Other Drugs...

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=375577

The information goes back a number of years, but that would be the place to ask questions about that drug. Try reading the thread first.

I hope you get the information you need.

1st off Welcome to BL

always nice to see fellow texans out there

secondly sorry to hear about your pain.

i dont mean to come across the wrong way, but please stick around as there is lots of good information here to learn.

i say this about the information, b/c the comment you made about being on hydrocodone but your doctor refusing to give you codiene but has now put you on opana kinda troubles me

Codiene is weaker then both the hydrocodone and the oxymorphone (opana), so if your doctor is anti-codiene but doesnt have a problem w/ hydrocodone or oxymorphone then i advise you to get a better pain Dr. cuz his personal opinions are way off

however, since you didnt give a whole lot of specifics or details (which is good cuz as klue mentioned specific drug questions go elsewhere) i cant say for sure this is the case, and maybe ur pain Dr. is a good Dr.

yea i understand where you are coming from, not wanting to get caught smokin pot, 1st i would recommend you give it a go, i mean instead of going from a moderate narcotic (hydrocodone) to a very powerful narcotic (Oxymorphone) maybe you could stick with the hydrocodone (or an equivilently milder opiate w/o the APAP) and use less alongside a small amount of MJ to synergize for possibly better pain relief.

i would also recommend you check into Texas Coalition for Compassionate Care. they are a good state wide organization for Medical Marijuana, or you could look into NORML but i think TCCC is a good organization

anyways i have rambled on too long, if you would like to ask me any more questions or chat send me a PM (you wont be able to send PMs until you have bluelight status, but that only requires you have 50 posts)

anyways take care