View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Heavy DXM Users

XXXTrips

Greenlighter
3-4 times a week. For months and months and months.
I'm wondering if there are any heavy, heavy users out there.
I was on the stuff for eleven years and am wondering if there are any similarities/differences between myself cognitively/emotionally and other people that have been on it as heavily and as regularly as I was.

i did it damn near every day 16-17 before I switched to special k and pcp (about a year,) it made me uncivilized and forget my education. it also made it so I couldn't bust a nut, fuck that quit that shit.

It also made my sperm super sperm I think my kid will be bigger than me I'm a tall ass dude.

I've gone through periods of mild misuse but I've had plenty of experience with it. DXM has lost the magic it gave me when I first started taking it. The therapeutic benefits it provided for me were immense. The most intense feelings of hope and insight insinuated upon me every time I done it. But I've used it to much so it's just gotten less and less interesting each experience I have, I need at least 400mg to have a half decent trip.

4 months of daily use back a few years ago. I can't even stand the smell anymore to be honest. You know how your vision becomes like not blurry but like foggy and distorted after a DXM "trip"?? Well my vision is still resembling a minor version of the comedown vision it gives you, so its definitely messed with my brain as all dissociative drugs will overtime. DXM made me a weird person, I used to chatter my teeth in math class for minutes upon minutes just because and etc. I never did make it to the fourth plateau sadly.

The teeth chattering. Man, I've had that too but never heard of anyone else having it.

I did it like 1-2 (240-480 mg ) with a antidepressant as a enzyme inhibitornand benadyrl like 10-20 for 3 or 5 years 6-7 days out of the week . Basically everyday of highschool. Made amphetamine more addictive imo

Using any DXM at all, even 30mg let alone that dose with an antidepressant is idiotic. No one do this.

True combining dxm with antidepressants could result in life threatening seritonin syndrome.

I've had very unpleasant effects from wellbutrin and 60mg dxm, and that's the least bad antidepressent to take with it as far as I know.

Yep and thats why i cant tell you if it was three or five years. Bad idea

I used to take dxm every time I could get my hands on it. About 40+ times. That shit left me messed up. I lost hella memory and I cant think properly sometimes. Dont fuck with dxm.

I've used dxm for like 10 years. i got addicted to it and sold much of my stuff to buy it, then ended up stealing it from stores. i'm finally sober from it now, been 2 weeks.

during my heavy use i would use daily like 2 bottles of the large delsym. sometimes more.

i'm back in school now and i'm not quite as smart as i was, but that could be from lack of practice. it's been 12 years since i was in school.

my family claims i've changed but as far as i can tell i'm the same as i always was.

DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG WITH PROZAC OR ANY OTHER SSRIs. Brain damage will follow. I was addicted to those robitussin pills for about half a year until I realized what it was doing to me. I wasn't gaining anything out of it and it affected my moods like crazy since it messes with serotonin levels.

PSA:If you're on any psych medications its not wise to use ANY psychoactive substance. Not only will it mess with the progress the drugs are doing in your brain, but it can also cause ODs, health problems, and as stated above, Serotonin Syndrome (in drugs that increase serotonin chemicals in your brain).

Loss of magic do excessive dosing and prolonged uses.

8( I would like to make a quick statement on the loss of "magic" when doing excessively high doses for an extended period of time. I didn't experiment on myself, involving an initial dose up close to 1000 mg of DXM hbr three times the fist day, totaling about 21600mg, 1000 mg in the morning around 8:00 and the second dose of a 1000 mg at 2:30 in the afternoon and the 3rd around 8 p.m. This essentially is to produce a buildup of dextromethorphan in your system to maintain psychoactive levels for a substantial amount of time, again this is just a build-up dose. I then for the next two weeks drinking 8 oz bottle at 7:30 in the morning and one at 2:30 in the afternoon to maintain psychoactive properties. Also during this time I felt like is was limitless, in the sense that my brain felt like it was connecting switches and making connections between stuff that I know and knowledge that was spiritually transmitted to me, like the universal was telling me all the big "secrets" of life, knowledge was coming from every which Way and instantly accessible to my conscious and unconscious mind. I became aware of my meaning or purpose in life. I was completely aware of my existence in this reality and the universe and spiritually I felt as if I maintained a connection to Mother Earth and my Spirit guides, which I considered to be the "Beings" that make contact with you when you are an alternate dimensions. I was able to sleep because of the prescription medications I was taking at the time, allowing you to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night, this is very important this you are going to be using for long term. I also maintain a healthy diet throughout this. Mainly of yogurt fruits and vegetables. In doing the two-week experiment, I built up a very high tolerance for dextromethorphan, so much that I can now drink 2 8 oz bottles, of the same Robo nighttime Max DM, and not feel a damn thing. This is called "loss of magic."

I'm now taking a two-and-a-half-year break from use of DXM, and recently tried to get a good trip from taking two 8 ounce bottles and there is no psychoactive activity whatsoever. So I guess what I'm saying is if you like to use dextromethorphan as a connection to otherworldly dimensions, you should just never using more than a 1000- 1200mg in a prolonged period of time.
8)

Has anybody gotten their magic back after they lost it?

It's pretty hard to say for sure if my DXM use produced any lasting physical/emotional/mental changes. I went through some periods where I was using this daily for weeks at a time. I can't really tell if there are consequences of daily use but nothing stands out. When I stopped using things would go back to normal pretty quickly so didn't really notice any changes. It's when I went for really high doses that I'd notice some lasting changes and it would take a while to return to baseline. Like when I drank 15 fl. Oz of delsym it took over a month to sleep normally again and for the emotional and mental brain fog to clear. It was a pretty unpleasant experience all said, not interested in repeating. Eventually things went back to normal though

8( I would like to make a quick statement on the loss of "magic" when doing excessively high doses for an extended period of time. I didn't experiment on myself, involving an initial dose up close to 1000 mg of DXM hbr three times the fist day, totaling about 21600mg, 1000 mg in the morning around 8:00 and the second dose of a 1000 mg at 2:30 in the afternoon and the 3rd around 8 p.m. This essentially is to produce a buildup of dextromethorphan in your system to maintain psychoactive levels for a substantial amount of time, again this is just a build-up dose. I then for the next two weeks drinking 8 oz bottle at 7:30 in the morning and one at 2:30 in the afternoon to maintain psychoactive properties. Also during this time I felt like is was limitless, in the sense that my brain felt like it was connecting switches and making connections between stuff that I know and knowledge that was spiritually transmitted to me, like the universal was telling me all the big "secrets" of life, knowledge was coming from every which Way and instantly accessible to my conscious and unconscious mind. I became aware of my meaning or purpose in life. I was completely aware of my existence in this reality and the universe and spiritually I felt as if I maintained a connection to Mother Earth and my Spirit guides, which I considered to be the "Beings" that make contact with you when you are an alternate dimensions. I was able to sleep because of the prescription medications I was taking at the time, allowing you to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night, this is very important this you are going to be using for long term. I also maintain a healthy diet throughout this. Mainly of yogurt fruits and vegetables. In doing the two-week experiment, I built up a very high tolerance for dextromethorphan, so much that I can now drink 2 8 oz bottles, of the same Robo nighttime Max DM, and not feel a damn thing. This is called "loss of magic."

I'm now taking a two-and-a-half-year break from use of DXM, and recently tried to get a good trip from taking two 8 ounce bottles and there is no psychoactive activity whatsoever. So I guess what I'm saying is if you like to use dextromethorphan as a connection to otherworldly dimensions, you should just never using more than a 1000- 1200mg in a prolonged period of time.
8)

Has anybody gotten their magic back after they lost it?

DXM magic gone. Stronger dissociatives still work.

Ive used dxm around 10 times or less.
Started around 350 ish and worked my way up.(after allergy test)

Anyway im really into 3th platue and above.
I did about 4trips at 1000+ mg spread out in about 2months.

The last was a 2g trip where i did 3 seperate doses in around 8-10h.
Even though it was strong and visual it was somehow less impressive then the 1g i did a few weeks earlier.

Im now taking a few months of dxm and other dissios.
I have some ketamine tolerance but nothing crazy.
Can still hole from 150-250mg if i havent done it for awhile.