View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds - First Time Help

sapadappy

Greenlighter
So me and a couple friends are looking to try Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds as our first experience with psychedelics but I'm unsure on the best way to do it. I've looked around a bit and I know that lots of people suggest removing the coating by flaming, scraping or washing the seeds. I've also heard a lot of different ways people ingest them to prevent nausea (like chewing them but not swallowing, grinding them into a powder and putting it into a drink, etc), different things people take before hand (ibuprofen, dramamine, ginger). Was wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions regarding dosing, ingesting or anything else. Anything you know appreciated considering our inexperience. ✌

Probs not the best substance to try if it's your first experience with psychedelics, try to find some shrooms or acid and have a small(ish) amount.

I haven't ever tried HBR or and psychedelic seeds but i've heard it can be unpleasant on your body, which probably wouldn't be a good experience if it's your first ever psychedelic experience.
That's just my opinion though, good luck.

Probs not the best substance to try if it's your first experience with psychedelics, try to find some shrooms or acid and have a small(ish) amount.
Probably, but Baby Woodrose is good because we can get it legally.

Body load is high. Tummy aches, nausea etc. Could be really bad depending on how it affects you.
Sure i have read all differing methods and preparations too. I dont know your seed source, i only know mine.

Ive never scraped seeds.
We crush them, as directions range 4 up to 10. I think from memory, we have taken around 7 or 8 each.
So we crush themin mortar and pestle
Then split evenly and add too glasses of water.
We have then let them sit in that glass of water for hours.
Then stir and drink.

Come up has some nausea and stomach pains. Ginger drinks help.
Thats it. High is ok, probably a 3 or 4 out of 10. Assuming high grade mdma or lsd is 9 or 10.

Good luck

I tried them twice (same batch though, but they looked fine). I just got really weak both times with no psychedelic effects. 5 hours in bed, not being able to sleep, no power to even move lol. Fainted later that night at a concert. Never again, I'd try MGS though.

First time I warmed crushed them and let them sit in water, second time I tried to absorb them sublingually. Despite the stomach discomfort for some it always seemed worthwhile to me.

So I've had HBWR about six times. Every experience was pretty miserable. Nausea and gut cramps aside, the dysphoria was the worst. It's as through they suck all of the joy out of me. I've never gotten any useful insight, nor much in the way of visuals. I've taken doses from 1-6 seeds, usually 3-5.

A couple points of clarification. I imagine they can be at least somewhat enjoyable provided that the seeds are FRESH. Like the much less potent Ipomea morning glory seeds and somewhat less potent Turbina morning glory seeds, your wooly Argyria morning glory seeds degrade over time. Heat, light, and oxygen accelerate this process. Degraded seeds are thought to cause more side effects (like vasoconstriction) and fewer psychedelic effects. One of the nicest ways to consume these is to grow the plant and eat the seeds when they're nice and plump, but still green. Chewing up old, hard Walmart seeds usually leads to unpleasant side effects.

The outer coating on the seed isn't treated with chemicals nor does it cause the nausea. Save yourself the trouble. Apart from using fresh seeds, the best way to avoid gut pain and nausea is to do an extraction,. You want the drug to absorb quickly into your bloodstream; you don't want bits of it trapped in hard seed particles making their way through your GI tract, slowly getting released. Many ergoloids cause cramping and constriction because that's what they do (one of them is even used to induce labor by promoting uterine contractions.) When using a natural product that has a grab bag of ergoloids that are in the process of degrading, you never know what the ratio is going to be. By doing a cold water (or other solvent) extraction, you can reduce the amount getting to your intestines. It's also the reason why a lot of people take nauseating drugs rectally, as that bypasses most of the intestines. Some people also report that holding the powder under your tongue for 20min without swallowing the saliva, then spitting it out works, too.

So, fresh seeds, not too many (less than six to start because of the vasoconstriction.)
Google cold water extraction tek.
Blankets to stay warm, ginger to help a little with nausea and gas, arginine and/or strong hot cocoa (theobromine) for vasoconstriction.

I personally recommend Ipomea species of morning glory seeds (flying saucers or heavenly blues, for instance) or Turbina species over HBWR. See if you can get them fresh. I find them sharper, cleaner, and less dysphoric. Yeah, you may need hundreds of seeds instead of just a couple, but it's the same amount of water that you're drinking and it's not a financial difference. I suspect that they have a better ratio of psychedelic to sickening ergoloids in them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice so far, I reckon I'll probably grind up 5 and drink them with something. I also heard about different strains being better or worse than others. Know anything about this?

Regarding HBWR, nope, I haven't heard anything about different varietals. I haven't heard about any selective breeding, so if may or may not be marketing. Again, I recommend extracting the seeds overnight in cold, distilled water and filtering the grounds through a coffee filter. At the end of the day, it's your call on how worried you are about puking. ;)

Oh, load up some nice, upbeat trippy tunes to listen to. Maybe some Shpongle? It's also nice to have some fresh fruit to eat, because you're going to get hungry at some point, but food will be weird. I recommend cold citrus and pineapple. Make your space nice and comfy and free of distractions (especially non-tripping people. Last, avoid pot. Mixing pot with psychedelics is safe, but a huge percentage of difficult psychedelic experiences come from mixing the two. I'd personally save that for later experiences.

Bon voyage!

I have to disagree with one point here, and that is with putting forth ginger as if it has a chance against a more nauseating substance than DXM! Ibuprofen doesn't look advisable either considering the stomach load.

Your dramamine is much more suited for the job, even though it's best to stay with the minimum dose because of the seeds' vasoconstriction.

I found HBWR a very relaxed dreamy trip... after the vomiting and sweating over the toilet has passed.

The way I prepared was around 8 seeds ground up and put in cold water (hot water destroys the LSA apparently) and some lemon juice to change the acidity. Leave over night to allow as much LSA out as possible and then strain and drink.

You will most likely experience nausea and vomit so have something in the stomach to come out - nothing worse than dry heaving and the sweat coming off you in torrents.

Enjoy