• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Having issues with long tip syringes?

ovo1024

Bluelighter
Hi, so I'm not new to IV drug use at all, but I'm used to the short tip rigs and since most the veins I hit are near the surface, I'm having issues with these new longer needles. What I think is happening is I'm going through the vein because when I start to pull the syringe out it will start registering. But I'm too shaky to hit myself like that. Any ideas y'all can help me with

Is this like the new thing? They give out long needles at the exchanges now?

-GC

yea long needles are used with smaller gauges and for putting fluid into you FAST right?

Is this like the new thing? They give out long needles at the exchanges now?

-GC
Yeah the exchange is where I got them. But anyways I can't be the only person with this issue, and it's not due to being dehydrated, my veins aren't all fucked off, it's none of that. It's fucking strange. I've got a few successful hits in but that's it... And I've had to basically waste a couple good shots of Heroin because they got so coagulated with a little bit of my blood while trying to register :(

I saw you did a post of the m30, did you complete stop taking those? what it like from taking those to doing it just straight up? not shooting but eating or snorting

I saw you did a post of the m30, did you complete stop taking those? what it like from taking those to doing it just straight up? not shooting but eating or snorting
I moved from Tucson, AZ where M 30s were everywhere to Sacramento CA where they are difficult and expensive to obtain. But wanna know something weird? I usually would smoke them right, but the 2 times I did IV them they had absolutely no effect. It was so strange

that really is, there are so many different fent analogs and when they wanna avoid the fent strip test they use a different opioid RC. Unfortunately you never know what's in them, but that seems as though it may not have been soluble in water so you couldn't shoot it?

thats why I stopped taking them and only oxy but thats only cause I can afford it. Most people unfortunately cant take that option because if you switch from h to oxy, thats expensive at first until you lower and control you tolerance

I dont like the longs either. The only thing I do here is keep a much flatter angle before I poke in, and make sure the vein I am hitting is visible and able to accommodate.

No hands, no wrists, etc.

Hi, so I'm not new to IV drug use at all, but I'm used to the short tip rigs and since most the veins I hit are near the surface, I'm having issues with these new longer needles. What I think is happening is I'm going through the vein because when I start to pull the syringe out it will start registering. But I'm too shaky to hit myself like that. Any ideas y'all can help me with
Yup I use long needles, you just gotta get the technique down. Notice angle of the opening at the tip of the needle and you just wanna try to go in at a lower angle so it somewhat lays "flat" in the vein...

Yup I use long needles, you just gotta get the technique down. Notice angle of the opening at the tip of the needle and you just wanna try to go in at a lower angle so it somewhat lays "flat" in the vein...
Is that the best way? Like you said let it lay more flat as opposed to a almost like 45 degree angle I'd normally do with the short tip ones.

Is that the best way? Like you said let it lay more flat as opposed to a almost like 45 degree angle I'd normally do with the short tip ones.
That's been the best way for me but again there's other factors to consider as well.. like how big your veins are, etc. But just think of technique. Go in to the skin at the usual angle but lay it down at the vein. Also just observe the difference in holes/bevels at the end of the small tips vs long tips

I could never get it right with the long tip 1/2" ones. They tore me up right bad. Imo they suck and I hope that's not what exchanges hand out.

Literally the needles meant for intramusculas steroids. Fucking horrible. Shoot 3 times and the place just looks done.

Literally the needles meant for intramusculas steroids. Fucking horrible. Shoot 3 times and the place just looks done.
Correct, lol that's why/how I started iv use... had pins from shooting test in my glutes. Been using them ever (about 10 years) and have no issues finding my vein and getting high... some scar tissue but oh well. In fact I've tried slin pins and they just don't cut it for me....