• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Having a hard time sleeping and eating after days after (first) bad trip.

NotTheKing

Greenlighter
Summarized context: dropped 175ug, things were fun for 12 hours, I thought I could see the spirits even tho im an atheist. after that I was reading on bad LSD trips and realized I wasn't coming down after 12 hours, spent hours being afraid I broke something.

RIght now: It is very hard to sleep with a lot racing thoughts. I am afraid that I will sleep wrongly. Recently I slept for 2 hours then felt like I woke up because a german spirit was passing through me, what the fuck?!
I belive im on the path to recovery, but it's so hard to sleep and with stupid thoughts like this coming up, I don't even belive in spirits. I have no problem going on with the day now until it's time to sleep again, but how the fuck DO I SLEEP when I don't have the energy to meditate.

This is the sort of shit that would happen to me, it's why I've only ever took acid twice so long ago lol, 2 bad trips so I gave up on acid

I totally get what you mean about "going to sleep wrong" I've had that thought but not on acid it was on other drugs and coming off drugs trying to sleep

There's something in our brain telling us we're going to sleep wrong WHAT'S THAT ABOUT I had voices telling me if I closed my eyes differently I'd sleep, how can I close my eyes differently lol

Them racing thoughts are just horrible, have you got any benzodiazepines you can get hold of? If so that's what you need it's a trip stopper and sleep helper and mind shut upper lol

Honest if you can get some benzos you'll feel better

I don't know about adding any more drugs. But thank you

If you have benzos take some, I'm telling you it will really help, its standard its a trip stopper

And its prescribed for sleep for some people too and for anxiety it's exactly what you need right now, you're anxious, unable to sleep and on a bad trip or bad comedown from a trip, and the best thing for all of this is honestly benzodiazepines

If you have benzos take some, I'm telling you it will really help, its standard its a trip stopper

And its prescribed for sleep for some people too and for anxiety it's exactly what you need right now, you're anxious, unable to sleep and on a bad trip or bad comedown from a trip, and the best thing for all of this is honestly benzodiazepines
Benzos or booze. I always liked drinking a few brews at the end of an acid trip to soften the landing. There's a strong dopamine push to the last half of the acid experience that somewhat necessitates downers.

OP, you'll be fine. You're over thinking things. Get some exercise, eat some food, hang out with some friends. The sleep will come. You'll be fine.

Benzos or booze. I always liked drinking a few brews at the end of an acid trip to soften the landing. There's a strong dopamine push to the last half of the acid experience that somewhat necessitates downers.

OP, you'll be fine. You're over thinking things. Get some exercise, eat some food, hang out with some friends. The sleep will come. You'll be fine.
Thank you for the reply. I will try booze but maybe a bit later. I am currently doing good research and soul searching that is going really well. It is still early now, but I will see if I want to drink or not when the night comes

II am really not sure about taking another drug, and I think it's ok. I have another form sleeping pills that I might use later

How long has it been since you dropped acid? You said it has been several days, if I understand you correctly. Force yourself to eat even if you don't want to. When you feel like spirits are passing through you, just let them and then go back to your business. Even if you're not able to sleep, just lay in your bed and feel how nice it is to just relax. Don't do acid again. You'll feel less spiritual as time goes by without doing psychedelics, but it might take a while (1 - 3 months).

After a intense trip things can be weird for a few weeks to a month if it was a traumatic trip but sleep does come back and the trip fades away into memory

Just drink some Beer(not alcohol only Beer because malt contains natural relaxants). It will remove anxiety . Or if you not drinking beer try to find some etizolam blotters. But Beer is more natural way to reduce anxiety.

And do not worry LSD , shrooms and other psychedelics very offten make you awake.

Also it is funny about ghosts. Try to remember that you consumed psychedelics and do not belive your own stories much. Tho it is sometimes hard while tripping to remember that you are tripling. Especial with triptamines (lsd,shrooms).

Sleep will come back in 1-2 days , enjoy your energy rush! Some peoples ready to pay high prices for such a productivity push! And now you get it. It could be for the next couple of weeks.

FInd the way how to realise this potential. Maybe learning something new, or reading or even playing some competitive games..
Or maybe listen to music you could feel it better. Or just see the world around you find something beautiful .. something that you never seen before. Well you allready found ghosts, but there could be more intresting stuffs around.

Just try to realise the opened resources to something good.
And do not scarry yourself. Or if you like you can scarry yourself with ghosts! After all it is your trip and After-trip.

Cheers mate. You will be fine I am sure.
Offcourse if demons will not steal your soul at night.

Last edited:
I always liked drinking a few brews at the end of an acid trip to soften the landing.

Yea I even like to take some beer while tripping. I feel like malt (beer main ingridient) is really good with triptamines. It make visual more interesting, because reducing fear and body-load.

hahaha,
NotTheKing, OP, you are right, you do not need to take anything else.
Sounds like a fabulous trip.
your mind is working perfectly well and know this, You cannot sleep wrong.
I mean you can sleep and make your limb go numb, or make your neck stiff, or fall out of bed, but you cannot sleep wrong.

the chaotic mental objects are the natural residue of your experience in a carnival of mental objects carooming and colliding for your amusement.

if you try to resist, you reinforce what triggers the unwanted ideas. so just don't bother, just relax, and continue in spite of them,
ignore them for the most part but be aware of their arising and passing away,