• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Harm Reduction??

Cbk1013

Bluelighter
Currently at 10mg oxycodone in the AM and 10mg in the PM if I can stay here would you consider this a win? Im on nothing else but acid reflux meds....Just hard letting go!!!! 6 year Suboxone patient ..5 year sober no program ...and last 3 years low dose oxycodone with highest days around 80-100mg but rare..49 years old and the battle continues ...comments always appreciated! learning never stops....thx u

Currently at 10mg oxycodone in the AM and 10mg in the PM if I can stay here would you consider this a win? Im on nothing else but acid reflux meds....Just hard letting go!!!! 6 year Suboxone patient ..5 year sober no program ...and last 3 years low dose oxycodone with highest days around 80-100mg but rare..49 years old and the battle continues ...comments always appreciated! learning never stops....thx u
Hey Cbk. Do you take the oxy for pain and is it prescribed. Do you feel like you became addicted and are trying to stop altogether. 20 mgs a day split into 2 doses is a very low dose so if you are tapering and trying to quit you are doing fantastic. If you want to continue taking it if you stay at the dose you are on now I would for sure consider it a win. A win win !! Good for you.

I do get it from a Dr. prescribed for leg and calf pain we can't figure out... But I just str8 abuse it and have managed now to keep it at a low dose...

Total abstinence is the goal but I've just struggled getting there....Im very stubborn and I haven't been able to buy into the program...maybe just my addiction looking to keep me in check from checking out? anyway the struggle continues...But trying to stay positive as I have many things to be thxful for

I do get it from a Dr. prescribed for leg and calf pain we can't figure out... But I just str8 abuse it and have managed now to keep it at a low dose...
Oxy is extremely easy to misuse. It works TOO well.

10mg oxycodone in the AM and 10mg in the PM if I can stay here would you consider this a win?
I do considering the following....
Are these pills straight dope or do they have the tylenol or such added? Just wondering as for me the ingestion of all that APAP poses a higher risk to ones health... not to diminish the dangers of opioid dependence.
So it is total freedom from pain-killers that is wanted here? Do you have a plan to manage the chronic pain?
Thanks
One

Total abstinence is the goal but I've just struggled getting there....Im very stubborn and I haven't been able to buy into the program...maybe just my addiction looking to keep me in check from checking out? anyway the struggle continues...But trying to stay positive as I have many things to be thxful for
Sounds to me like you are now using as intended. Is 20 mgs a day your prescribed dose? If it is then you are using it as intended and I know how hard it is to slip into the misusing compulsions. You are doing very well.

Well if you are snorting than that suggest your conditioned ritual is still in play. It could get pretty ugly pretty fast with this kind of background. Not judging just giving an opinion. Heck if I had oxys I would probably spiral into addiction at the moment myself. Here I am, taking benzos and pregabalin for a pain manageable only by moderate to strong opioids and giving advice. Sorry for this rant and stealing a bit of your thread.

My conclusion: if you can go back to oral, stay on that dose or even to 30mg (if your prescriber is ok with that) things would be much more promising. Snorting ritual is what concerns me and was the first thing that had to go when I was stopping buprenorphine. I have snort fetish from long amphetamine addiction when I was younger and I knew I was not ok even if what I was now snorting was provided legally by state. I hope you do well. All in all you do seem to be on the right trajectory.

prescribed gabapentin for my neuropathy but it makes me loopy and has sexual side effects....hvent found anything to provide pain relief for my feet and calf besides Oxycodone....but if I didn't have pain in feet and calf would still probe have my addiction just now I have a legit excuse..

It is good thing that you have insight. That goes a long way. I wish you luck. Gonna try fall asleep for the 4th time tonight. Hope the combination of pregabalin, alprazolam, diazepam and midazolam (with paracetamol and ibuprofen) does the trick. Here we don't get opioids unless we testify and repent monthly that we are junkies that will drink methadone or suck buprenorphine. Plus peeing in the cup is obligatory. I said fuck that shit. I will rather buy and try heroin for the first time than go through that inhumane procedure once again. Im out.

I really wish you all the best!

Looks like youre using as prescribed. Thats not a low dose to me personally, Id be totally mashed off of 80-100 mg oxy but I understand you mean relatively low to whatever you were doing before.

Recovery doesnt have to mean total abstinence. Under the harm reduction ethos, there is a continuum from wherever youre at, possibly total extreme addiction which then works down to total abstinence as the end of that continuum. If youve managed to get things down from wherever you were to as prescribed for a real issue, I could consider that a recovery. In recovery does not equal = zero substances or totally abstinent yet “in recovery” fighting off the addiction through whatever program because “once an addict always an addict” It means youre In recovery, which can and does include reducing your use or using things like drug replacement therapy (e.g methadone) or even safe supply where they flat out give you the “good stuff” as much as you need to get through the day and pharmaceutical grade and no fentanyl.

In canada heroin has been legal to prescribe to a heroin addict sonce 2016. Why? Because when you remove the black market and associated costs from the equation of this drug use, and fentanyl as well, it almost completely eliminates the need to hustle and commit crimes to get your toxic dope supply, it almost completely eliminates police contact and hospitalizations, which costs a huge amount to society, the person in receipt of safe supply had better outcomes getting social assistance if they need it, getting housing, stabilizing their addictions, so far less use of shelter systems and soup kitchens, things like that. Getting a job potentially.

All in all, being in recovery doesnt have to mean total abstinence and you dont have to feel a failure if you cant achieve that. Most dont. Many manage to get their lives together in harm reduction whether thats taking measures to improve your life by reducing and changing how you use drugs, to total abstinence.

sounds like you are doing really well.

rather than focusing on how much/little you are using, what about how you feel? are drugs occupying less of your mental space? are you happier and healthier? can you cope more esily with hard situations? these, to me, are the markers of recovery.

sounds like you are doing really well.

rather than focusing on how much/little you are using, what about how you feel? are drugs occupying less of your mental space? are you happier and healthier? can you cope more esily with hard situations? these, to me, are the markers of recovery.
I struggle daily for sure but when I keep it low I'm more present....I feel like shit everyday...this neuropathy is no joke..going to John Hopkins in July...havent found an answer in 3 years now and its horrible for an addict..cant exercise the way I want