• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Harm Reduction] Did AL-LAD last night, will it be safe to do Methoxetamine tonight?

Kishka

Bluelighter
Hello BL,

I did some AL-LAD yesterday (one hit of 150µg) taken in two (75µg + 75µg an hour later).

It's been 16 hours since my trip now.

I'm wondering if it will be safe regarding health wise to do a little Methoxetamine tonight ? (I wont exceed 30mg).

Thank you and have a lovely day :)

whats your ROA for methoxetamine? im just curious because i did 50mg of mxe sublingually once and just felt a subtle shift and noticeable perceptual changes.

there isn't any interaction as far as i'm aware.

mxe is a dissassociative that depresses CNS, al-lad is a serotonergic psychedelic im guessing.

I plan to snort it. I will be allright tho? No serotonin syndrome?

Yeah you're totally fine to take MXE tonight. In fact I have combined MXE with AL-LAD, LSD, DOC, MDMA, 2C-I, 2C-B, and various tryptamines (not all at once of course!), and have never had a problem, in fact with some of them (especially the tryptamines and also MDMA) it produces a really intense and great synergy.

all gd. mxe doesn't affect serotonin

False, it has affinity for SERT:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/649843-Binding-data-for-popular-arylcyclohexamines

MXE with AL-LAD made me a little loopy, but I would chalk that up to a personal dislike of the combo or something idiosyncratic..
Taking a day later should be perfectly fine.

AL-LAD has serotonergic action that would for example make it kind of irresponsible to mix with say tramadol, but far too weak to say it is contraindicated with MXE.

I am glad you had an apparently glowing experience mixing it with MDMA Xorkoth, but didn't you also have a terrible experience with mixing it with 4-FA?
Concluding here that no MXE is not serotonergic enough to make AL-LAD a problem, still serotonergic releasers with it do not seem like the best of ideas.

Yeah I did have a weird reaction with 4-FA, though I will say I took way too much of it so I was going to feel like shit anyway. I still won't combine them again. But I know a lot of people who have combined MDMA and MXE to great synergy... I take less than half as much MDMA and the roll becomes this great fusion of MXE and MDMA, my favorite way to roll on MDMA. It doesn't feel bad whatsoever and I've also not heard of any bad reactions with the combo from anyone. It should be mentioned that when I do this, I take no more than 40mg of MXE, and once I'm fully on MXE, I take 70/80mg of MDMA, so it could be that at high dosages it could become dangerous, I don't know.

Yeah you're totally fine to take MXE tonight. In fact I have combined MXE with AL-LAD, LSD, DOC, MDMA, 2C-I, 2C-B, and various tryptamines (not all at once of course!), and have never had a problem, in fact with some of them (especially the tryptamines and also MDMA) it produces a really intense and great synergy.

Hey Xorkoth, do you take the tryptamine first or the MXE? Have you tried both ways, which do you prefer? Or maybe you dose them at the same time?

Not so long ago I took 18 mg metocin fumarate. Something like 6-7 hours later I took 20 + 15 + 15 mg MXE. Great experience. However, the next day, I was feeling very tired, slow movement, slow thinking, feeling foggy, needing a lot of sleep, difficulties coordinating thought and movement... It took me a few days to recover fully. Have you ever experienced this?

@ Kishka: theoretically, from what I've read, it should be safe.

I always take MXE first, or at the same time (with the tryp[tamine combos I've taken them at the same time, with MDMA and 2C-Xs I feel like it works better to come up on the MXE first before you take the other thing. One time I was on 25mg of MXE and I took 14mg of 2C-I, which would normally be quite a bit on the weak side for me, and not only was it the strongest and best 2C-I trip I've ever had, but the 2C-I also started coming up in only 10 minutes and was full-on by 45, much quicker than it usually is. It's like the MXE provides a launching pad.

all gd. mxe doesn't affect serotonin

Unfortunately as Solipsis states:

False, it has affinity for SERT:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/649843-Binding-data-for-popular-arylcyclohexamines

MXE with AL-LAD made me a little loopy, but I would chalk that up to a personal dislike of the combo or something idiosyncratic..
Taking a day later should be perfectly fine.

AL-LAD has serotonergic action that would for example make it kind of irresponsible to mix with say tramadol, but far too weak to say it is contraindicated with MXE.

I am glad you had an apparently glowing experience mixing it with MDMA Xorkoth, but didn't you also have a terrible experience with mixing it with 4-FA?
Concluding here that no MXE is not serotonergic enough to make AL-LAD a problem, still serotonergic releasers with it do not seem like the best of ideas.

Whoops, my bad. I was pretty sure the combo was safe and that mxe has no significant affect on serotonin. But now I know it has an affinity for sert.

I knew i would have to put my foot in my mouth writing that post :p

I like to combine MXE with MDMA and/or LSD. Just saying. Definitely requires caution, like Xorkoth said, I never take more than 80mg mdma if attempting this combo. Got to be careful due to long come up times and all, but it's just -beautiful- when done right.

Whoops, my bad. I was pretty sure the combo was safe and that mxe has no significant affect on serotonin. But now I know it has an affinity for sert.

I went to post the exact same thing some months ago, but halfway through typing it something compelled me to confirm it....yep, I was wrong. MXE has affinity for SERT :(

I went to post the exact same thing some months ago, but halfway through typing it something compelled me to confirm it....yep, I was wrong. MXE has affinity for SERT :(

I always take MXE first, or at the same time (with the tryp[tamine combos I've taken them at the same time, with MDMA and 2C-Xs I feel like it works better to come up on the MXE first before you take the other thing. One time I was on 25mg of MXE and I took 14mg of 2C-I, which would normally be quite a bit on the weak side for me, and not only was it the strongest and best 2C-I trip I've ever had, but the 2C-I also started coming up in only 10 minutes and was full-on by 45, much quicker than it usually is. It's like the MXE provides a launching pad.

Thanks Xorkoth :)

Anecdotally, I've had MXE after/before/during many different psychedelics and drug experiences with no issues. I took MXE whilst on AMT with no problems, though I did feel very hot. YMMV, but MXE and LSD is relatively safe, at least in terms of serotonin syndrome.