View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hallucinogenic Alter-Ego Assassination

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
So I'm 18 years old and have done a variety of drugs mostly within the last 3 years. I went through phases of my life from depression to anxiety to insomnia to basket-case behavior. I must say I am much better now as I am gearing up for school more than likely in Fl as my parents made it very clear to me that I must clean up my act if I wish for them to invest into my education. So after my last high fueled uppers binge where I quite possibly came very close to cardiovascular damage and stroking ta fack out, I realized that it was time to clean my jeans up.

Ever since that binge I've only had "acid", DXM, Cocaine, Xanax(for planes), Tramacet(to kill my script), Vyvanse and currently nipping on Valium. Of course there's the pot smoking and irregular cigarette habit that isn't my concern at this time. I quit taking untested MDxx/Ecstasy since my last roll which was too overwhelming followed by the worst comedown I've experienced to this day. I've quit fucking around with the drugs that I've considered to have drained my soul. This will be the opiate use and reckless benzo consumption along with several ambien nights. Those days made me cold and down and damaged my personality but one day I took my first Hallucinogen, DXM.

Now when I tell you my 2nd DXM trip (600mg) completely restored the emotions I had lost from the reckless pharmaceutical binges that could have taken my life on 2 separate occasions. I was able to appreciate my parents and sisters and generally my entire family realized that I had begun to recover. Now I'm not saying I was some kind of addict who had so much to deal with and such but my curiosities definitely landed me in a very dark place that I don't think I was dealing with properly. I used to drink alcohol and sob alone in my room and then pop benzos to stfu my thoughts and go underwater where time stood still.

Since that DXM trip I learned that these hallucinogens can maybe help my troubles. I then tried LSD several times and throughout those trips learned much more about myself and God whom I had abandoned at the age of 16 during my codeine phase. I learned that I could control my happiness and reality and yada yada..

To the point now, when I used to obtain said pharms I'd write a name on you know what and give it to the pharmacist to obtain my pills. The name I used was "Michael Stevens". Now it has become clear to me in a recent DMT trip that he still exists in my life. Yes I labeled him as my alter-ego that was reckless with drugs of all kinds and considered him a demon. I accepted him tho, as I love myself and regret none of what I've experienced.

I would think Michael was gone or at least on a vacation since I quit recklessly doing pharms but along came Charlie. Cocaine I have been using very rarely for party fun and have had a few mediocre times with it and recently a glowing experience via the PO ROA. On my first DMT trip as (the recent one I was talking about) I basically had my trip separated into 2 segments.

1- Michael's happiness
2- My happiness

I listened to Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd for the first segment of the trip and I was in a dimly lit bar drinking scotch on the rocks being served by a woman while I sat amongst these dark figures that I could only perceive to be my demons. I was extremely happy the entire time. Like the peak of my happiness. Pink Floyd was performing in the bar and hot waitresses were walking by with big tits serving drinks.
I summarized this segment as my vice happiness.

The second segment of the trip was when the song changed to a song I classify to be nice to listen to whilst driving and behold I landed In a convertible car with a beautiful blonde woman, young like me, sitting beside me smiling in her sun hat and ray-ban shades while I drove down the cliche desert road, listening to the song playing, at the peak of the day's light completely happy thinking that this is what I want, I want to be this happy and share my happiness with the woman of my dreams.
I summarized this segment as my overall happiness.

So In conclusion there is 2 sides of me that still exists today. Michael dwells in me waiting for the first drop of alcohol or anything to lower my inhibitions to take advantage of the situation and break free of the cage I keep him in, and when he comes out, he goes hard in the muthafuckin' paint bruh.

My concern? Well I will be going to Fl for university! Need I say more? I need to either murder this vicy alter-ego or lock him up with a big fuckin' lock. All that american pussy, pills, pools of booze and powders will burn me out if Michael isn't contained. I struggle with keeping him at bay as it is but I must say I'm going very well as most of my family has seen the most positive change in me since I first tried weed when I was 15.

Long story short I want to confront Michael via high dosed DXM as it has helped me in the past and I'm thinking of a dose of 750mg-1g. I've experienced loss of sense of self on 600mg and it definitely helped me through my dark time.

What do you guys think? I'm not crazy right? One of my friend's Michael (lol) told me that it was a good thing that I identified my alter-ego as it's separate entity. I plan on extracting it into a purer form to avoid the nasties but I don't mind purging.

Yes I know me n Michael are theoretically the same people but I'm more referring to a part of my self when I talk about him as if he isn't me in this post

This is why I didn't go to a doctor cuz that's the first thing they'd think and then what? Throw some meds at me hoping it'll "patch things right up!" Fuck that. I came to the open minded enlightened bunch on PD to help me understand this a lil better or provide some insight. I dont hear voices n shit man. I'm pretty sane, I just have some demons..

This is why I didn't go to a doctor cuz that's the first thing they'd think and then what? Throw some meds at me hoping it'll "patch things right up!" Fuck that.
Yeah... it's probably good you didn't go.

I came to the open minded enlightened bunch on PD to help me understand this a lil better or provide some insight. I dont hear voices n shit man. I'm pretty sane, I just have some demons..
Don't most of us?

Your problem is that you are overcomplicating things. You think you can turn yourself into a better person by taking drugs... that really doesn't sound healthy to me.
Hallucinogens can be revelatory but they can also lead your thought processes astray so it's pointless to sit there trying to find higher meaning in every damn thing you see.

Fact is this: we all have vices. You're 18 for Christ's sake... it's little wonder you want to out fucking girls and drinking beer. This is due to a combination of 2 factors: your endocrine system and the society you live in. We all have a dark/hedonistic side... it doesn't mean you have an alter ego or anything like that (that's psychotic/multiple personality disorder type shit). You just need to exercise some self-restraint.

You know you're very right. I am definitely over-complicating the situation but that's how I tend to deal with it. I don't really like to welcome any ideas about psychosis and such cuz I am very sure it is pretty normal what I'm going through. I only Identify it as an alter-ego because sometimes I find myself not being able to control this side of me and then it takes hold and pushes the envelope. Self-control and a peace of mind is what I'm looking for. I just don't know how to find that without Valiums, weed or after-glow's from hallucinogens.

I'm very open to meditation and yoga but never really get around to doing it as i'm so high-strung. I guess I made this post and seemingly a big deal out of a normal crisis as a way of venting as I don't really have anyone else to tell this to that won't tell me that I'm going off or may need to "lay off the durgs"

This doesn't sound psychotic to me, don't worry. I think you're young and at a crucial juncture right now. Self-control is/has been difficult for me also when it comes to drugs, and it's caused a lot of pain in my life (I'm 31 now but it started at 17, well before that really but I started doing drugs at 17). I will say that psychedelic drugs have both helped and made it more difficult, at different times. I have had some really life-changing trips, a few, but there was a period of time where I was tripping way too often, stupidly often, and after several years I realized they were just another class of drugs I was abusing.

I think your main issue is that you have difficulty with impulse control... different people find that more or less difficult. It's definitely hard for me. The best things you can do for yourself are:

1 - Challenge yourself in little ways all the time. Be aware of when you're having difficulty with an impulse (could be to take drugs, could be something else), and try to deny that impulse and move on, don't let your brain get obsessed with it, forcibly turn your thoughts to something else. Every time you succeed it will make you stronger and it will be easier to do it with drugs.

2 - Talk therapy can be very helpful. I saw a good therapist who really got me, after I quit my 10 year opiate addiction, and it was helpful to talk to someone about what you're feeling. It led to some good insights about myself, and I always left there feeling good and strong. Therapists won't try to prescribe you medication either, which you probably do not need.

3 - Avoid addictive drugs like the plague. Alcohol and cocaine concern me the most of what you mentioned. I'd say truthfully, for me, psychedelics at periodic intervals after my addiction helped me too, but it can be a very fine line between helping and either hurting or just making the process more difficult.

4 - Having a MOSTLY sober mind is very important right now. Ideally some 100% sober time should happen but if you can't/don't want to do that, then be sober at least most of the time. It will make it much easier to sort your head out and have discipline in your thoughts.

If you put some effort into getting better at impulse control, it will get easier and easier and you get older. At your age it's pretty much the hardest to control yourself that it will ever be. But if you don't make an effort to understand and control it, it could easily just become a way of life throughout your life.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Xorkoth. Impulse control is definitely it. I actually witness it in ALL of my friends around me and they too are very impulsive and you know what they say, "everyone you surround yourself with is a mirror image of you" and It's part of the reason I want to become a Psychologist. To address this very serious matter especially when it comes to young teens and drugs. I've been a victim of impulsive action for years and it has done it's deed. I actually have been working on my impulse control recently.

I am sober sorta kinda for 5 days a week where I work from 8-4. Besides the occasional coffee and cig and weed toke in the night, I don't get high during the day when I have shit to do. I leave that for the weekend where I do a whatever my fancy is at the time. But I don't like to sniff coke unless I'm nearing stupor and that's usually only 1 line. And dosing orally I'll save for the lovely parties that occasionally occur here in Trinidad. I know very well that I cannot pick up a cocaine habit as when I got to school in FL i'd be fucked by the price and purity ahah8(.

But only since recent have I begun taking Valium again as a form of self-medication but it's nothing like the use from back in my reckless benzos&booze days, I just sorta take when I feel and very small doses. Like this weekend I only took 15mg over the 3 days. I just like it's calming effects since I'm so high-strung.

I don't know if it's considered to be "not sober" while riding out a benzo's half-life? If someone can clarify that.

Thank you Xorkoth and AA357 for helping me understand these feelings a little more. Because comprehension and expression of my own thoughts and emotions is a very hard for me at times.

You seem to have your head on pretty straight and you seem to be a thoughtful and articulate person. I think you'll be good, if you just really make sure to keep in your mind that things COULD get out of control easily. I'm not gonna say to quit everything and be sober, because that's not for me personally and I get if it's not for you. It would be the safest thing to do, but it's possible to use drugs as a way to enrich your life rather than as something to abuse. I struggle with it still, but I've made large strides and my life is in control right now (and amazing). I believe I can continue along this path. But it's always possible, even easy, to slip back down into addiction.

And if you're going to use benzos, or other highly addictive drugs, set rules for yourself, ie, I'll use a max of 20mg a week. Or something like that. If you find yourself breaking your rules, just stop because it's a sure sign that your usage pattern is going to escalate and it will turn into something very detrimental to your life. That's one way I've learned to monitor myself.

You know you're very right. I am definitely over-complicating the situation but that's how I tend to deal with it.
Just remember that when you take hallucinogens, you are temporarily fucking around with your brain chemistry. You are putting yourself into states of consciousness in which your brain can't process information properly, so naturally there's going to be a lot of stupid shit going through your head. You can't take yourself too seriously when you're tripping. It's called 'tripping' for a reason - think when a circuit breaker gets overloaded and 'trips out'.

Overthinking is very unhealthy when it comes to psychedelic drugs.

I don't really like to welcome any ideas about psychosis and such cuz I am very sure it is pretty normal what I'm going through. I only Identify it as an alter-ego because sometimes I find myself not being able to control this side of me and then it takes hold and pushes the envelope. Self-control and a peace of mind is what I'm looking for. I just don't know how to find that without Valiums, weed or after-glow's from hallucinogens.
It sounds like you just need some more excitement in your life. Do you have a girlfriend? Any hobbies or interests?

I'm very open to meditation and yoga but never really get around to doing it as i'm so high-strung. I guess I made this post and seemingly a big deal out of a normal crisis as a way of venting as I don't really have anyone else to tell this to that won't tell me that I'm going off or may need to "lay off the durgs"
I would suggest looking into something more active to help you channel your energy. Myself; I'm into powerlifting and freestyle wrestling (also BJJ although I don't do that much any more). For me there is absolutely no better way to turn a stressful day around than to step on the mats and unleash my fury on some motherfucker. Or setting a new personal record in the weights room.

I forgot one thing on my list and was reminded by AA357... make sure you fill your life with interesting things you care about doing. Boredom is the biggest killer when it comes to impulse control. When my life was very boring because of my relationship situation and other things, I pretty much sat around the house always thinking about drugs because I knew they'd make things interesting for a while. Now I fill my days with interesting things (playing music, socializing, women, working on a cool side project I have, etc), and I spend much less time wishing I was on drugs.

You sound like you're definitely on the right path. Besides what AA357 and Xorkoth have said, I would just recommend not subscribing to the idea that Michael and you are separate, rather that you and your demons are separate. You are one and the same, and even mentally separating these two sides of you is going to make reconciling the two harder. And as said above, get hobbies. That was my biggest problem in high school. I now spend my time making music with Ableton Live, a MIDI keyboard, and some VSTs.

I admit I do lack a lot of natural fun in life. I try to make up for it by going to the beach and soaking up the sun & salt. I used to play golf and now I live right on the same golf course I used to play on! Drugs have been the barrier between me n going back to playing. Though it used to cause lots of frustration in me I think but I have been meaning to get back at it.

I had a girlfriend but broke up with her due to opiate induced emotional detachment. I basically couldn't feel emotions anymore. I won't blame it all on codeine as I was also fed up of all the immaturity and bs that comes with teenaged relationships that I didn't think it was worth the pressure. I'm also not interested in finding another gf till I reach to school in FL where Ima look for a sexy psychonaut ;). As for now I've begun socializing more but socializing in clubs&bars just feels empty to me as it usually ends with me hungover and having spent money unnecessarily. I do socialize like the average joe but it's never my priority. Kicking back n smokin' bud in peaceful places is my thing as it is what basically grew me into the social world in the first place pulling me out of FPS & MMORPG addiction lol.

I just need to get back into working out, golfing and into meditation. Thanks for all your input guys. Much respect.

Yea man! I would also suggest some form of creation, as these past couple of months I've come to the conclusion that as humans we crave creating and seeing our mind in physical form. Whether that be writing, singing, creating music, drawing, etc. It's very therapeutic along with rewarding seeing yourself progress.

This defense mechanism is names "clivage" in french. I bet I remember it s psychotic only if the "clived" entities don't communicate or something like that. Oh shit im stoned as fuck it´s really clear on french wikipedia cant explain

Do you know some Jung personality theory, or about MBTI or socionic ? It teach you we are composed of a "self" and a "shadow self", perhaps you came more aware of this shadow self, or perhaps now it come to your consciousness in a new way(the michael personnage representation).

Anyway Im not an inconscient idiot but I would almost agree about not going to the doctor. There is a strong psychological nihilism at the moment in wich any stuff coming from you being not on the fine line of the current interpretation of what is normality is labelled psychotic / go fill your prescription / yeah continue to speak didnt hear lol

When I read you i see smone wich have unconsciously or semi consciously found a way to put in light some internal problem, and is looking for response. Not a psychow at the moment.

Edit : but for solving your problem : I don't know lol yes another post said it would be good to come to be aware that you and michael is the same person, its probably the solution, it seem thats what s your intention since the first post anyway

Edit 2 : there is a bunch of ppl semi consciously dreaming about the cliche desert road (and other desertical stuff) and the girl, yeah it feel good and somewhat mean smth for you I know the feeling, but what if the desert was a representation of your life ?

Last edited:
Very interesting. Food for thought. Will ponder this all very deeply this weekend.