• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

H1z1

LuGoJ

Bluelighter
H1Z1 is a survival MMO sandbox video game in development by Sony Online Entertainment. H1Z1 is currently being developed in Early Access Alpha release for Microsoft Windows on Steam, and later due for full release on PlayStation 4.
The game is set a short while after a zombie apocalypse in rural United States, in which players will have to survive against the natural elements, hordes of undead, and thousands of potentially hostile survivors through interaction, scavenging for resources, building shelters, and crafting.

Gameplay emphasizes multiplayer cooperation, trading, and team-building.[2] In an interview with Adam Clegg from SOE it was made clear that unlike other zombie MMO games, the main focus will be about surviving against the zombies through teamwork with other players, rather than having a player versus player (PVP) environment with a zombie backdrop.[3] Crafting items has also been implemented. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H1Z1

I've been playing it over the weekend and it's absolutely insane. There are both PVP and PVE servers with all different rules, so various playstyles can enjoy the game. I've been playing on both and they are equally fun. The PVP server just offers more of a crazy adrenaline rush, it's hard to describe in words. So far the most memorable experience was when I wandered into an abandoned town, killed some dude and looted a bunch of expensive items from him, including an empty water bottle I desperately needed so I wouldn't die of thirst. While I was filling the bottle with water I heard gunfire so I hid in a semi hidden closet in an apartment building nearby. After the gunfire ended I started hearing tons of footsteps on the floor I was on, so I looked through the crack in the wall and noticed 4 dudes running around. They started shouting for me to come out on their mics because they couldn't find me, by that point my heart was pounding and I was shitting bricks. They finally gave up and I was able to escape back into the woods to my camp, to stash the shit I found. Simply the most intense 30 minutes of gaming I have experienced in years.

The map is huge but only a fraction of the size it will be when complete. Graphics are decent, nothing crazy but it's going to be a planetside 2 sized MMO with a lot of shit going on. If you do happen to die on the PVP server it sucks starting over but it's not the end of the world, as getting up and running again isn't very difficult.

If you like zombie survival games and MMO's, you need to check this one out. It's currently in early access on steam, you have to pay if you want access now but upon launch it will be F2P.

400_211722842.jpg

Last edited:
Fuck yeah.

I just saw this on steam the other day and cant wait to check it out.

A breath of fresh air in the zombie shooter genre imho, and revolutionary in terms of online gaming as well.

For an alpha it's extremely well polished. It's just beginning too, the stuff they have planned is insane.

I'm trying not to get myself too excited because I know Sony has a history of ruining games over time, but I'm just hoping they learned from their planetside 2 mistakes. Luckily they are involving the community a lot with the direction of this game.

I've lost my faith in the BL gamers. The most epic fucking survival game, like fallout on fucking super strength Ultrajet, and one god damn response.

*shakefist*

:)