Growl! Why can't anti-drug websites get their FACTS STRAIGHT?

Ashke

Bluelighter
"Designer" drugs: Dimethoxyamphetamine (DMA), phencyclidine (PCP, or "angel dust"), methoxymethylenedioxyamphetamine (MMDA, or "ecstasy") (These have both psychedelic and stimulant effects - i.e., they are both LSD-like and amphetamine-like).
Uhh. MMDA. Mmkay.
And in the 'dictionary' of street terms...
E, vitamin E, eccy(ies) = "ecstasy" (MMDA)
There's that MMDA again, so it's not a typo. And... heh. Gonna score me some eccies tonight maaan.. rock on. Has *anyone* heard this term..? I sure haven't.
And here's the kicker. Also in the dictionary...
Raving = using or under influence of "ecstasy"
*rolls eyes*
If you wanna laugh at this sorry excuse for an informational site, check it out at:
http://www.mja.com.au/public/mentalhealth/articles/sacks/sacbox1.html
~*~ Ashke ~*~

yes, MMDA is another psychedelic drug similar to MDMA, but its not the same thing.
the article is correct in stating that methoxymethylenedioxyamphetamine is MMDA. MDMA is methylenedioxymethamphetamine.

Ashke is not dumb, she's just needs to git herself edjumakated a bit more. I got a D+ in chemistry, so methoxymetharammalammadingdong is all greek to me.
So... barndog I thank you for the clarification, and would either of you tell me about MMDA? Because I've never heard the term before. And why did they call it 'ecstacy', and make no mention of MDMA at all? I am most confused, and quite chargrined, thanks.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

Yo Jeremy why go gotta make fun of people, with your silly comments you sound like the stupid one. Plus this whole forum isn't about calling people stupid anyway.
PLUR

Oh yeah, one more thing... That definition for 'raving' is still super retarded in my opinion. And XmarXthespot is cool.
smile.gif
smile.gif

~*~ Ashke ~*~

it is still a poorly researched article. most of the MD analogues (MDA, MDMA, MDE, etc...) are referred to as 'ecstasy'. it seems that the term has taken on to mean the broad range of drugs that are in the 'scence' right now. for more information on MMDA, check out: http://www.lycaeum.org/books/pihkal/pihkal132.html
it should tell you everything you want to know.
and JeremyD, Ashke is not dumb. not everyone knows everything like you, and its OK to ask questions if you don't know about something!!!
[This message has been edited by barndog (edited 19 January 2000).]

That's really unbelievable... I saw an article somewhere where it said E was sometimes refered to as "Lovers Friend"... I was like WHAT?!?!? And they refered to GHB as Georgia Home Boy.. Anywayz...
JeremyD... Stop that... Please... Thanks...
------------------
PLUR
Tig
Binkies are way functional, they're kewl, and they're cute!
THEY ARE *NOT* LAME!!! grrrrr... = P

Antidrug propoganda is funny...and should be...uh....umm...laughed at....
It did a good job of scaring the crap out of me a few years ago in relation to 'e' though....When the "rave culture" began to publically define itself, or at least become visible, newspapers freaked out and started publishing all kinds of articles professing the evils of 'e'....They said stuff about all these ravers dying from "ecstacy overdoses" ('cause they didn't seem to know the difference between MDMA and GHB, or they didn't want us to know it)..They said that it would make your liver blow up, it would screw your heart up...That it was a "sex drug" used mainly by homosexuals...Some of the articles talked about the "pushers" that would sell at raves, and how they would get people "hopelessly addicted" to the "unknown substances" that they were selling...And that 'e' causes psychosis, among other things.....A lot of people up here in Deliverance, Ontario still believe that...
It made me happy, however, to see a recent article in the Toronto Star that was done about 'e', that was factually accurate!!! Although it didn't exactly praise 'e', it didn't slander it either....