• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Growing Grow THC free weed, legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRum OG

Bluelighter
I love growing. It is satisfying on a lot of levels, even without considering the output. I live in MN, one foot in the old ways of confused prohibition, and one in the new ways of legalization. I have looked up the laws but not sure I understand. I am specifically just asking at a state level, would it be legal to grow the new strains of weed that have been bred to have high cannabinoids except for THC. Not hemp, but new era stinky, frosty, legit looking "weed", with greater variety of phenotypes than old school hemp.

I want to do this as a hobby but also to prepare for a possible future of being able to grow "real" weed as a medical care giver. It would be a perfect intersection of wanting to give back and wanting to have fun. I have plenty of experience growing, but none that I'd feel comfortable sharing on a hypothetical resume, if and when the day comes for MN to let caregivers grow for medical patients.

Tl;dr THC free "weed" legal to grow in MN?

Short answer is no, not currently.

Your medical marijuana plan in MN doesn't currently include growing for personal use and if you want to grow hemp you are going to have to apply for a license which is determined at a state and federal level and most likely way out of your budget.

With that said, we don't allow these types of legal discussions. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.