• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Grey Death

kozmictyger

Greenlighter
Stay away from that shit called "grey death". I slammed some of that a couple weeks ago and that shit almost killed me. I went down. That shit is bad news. Has anyone else here done it? What was your experience with it? Maybe it was just me who had a bad reaction to it but I'm not going to try it again.

Forgive me for playing captain obvious here, but you injected something called "grey death" and nearly died. What were your expectations going in? I've done pretty much all there is to do drug wise and consider myself to have a pretty liberal attitude on the subject but I believe I'd have the think twice if someone was like "Hey, you wanna go slam some death in the ol' main line?" I mean, I would consider a small shot of "white light" or "peaceful ending" but "grey death" that just sounds off putting. It's like a prostitute who's sales pitch leads with "I have hep c" or something. Sorry for not adding anything useful.

I'm a bartender and he's one of my usuals and I get smack from him all the time. I bought it thinking it was smack like he's sold me a hundred times. I went in the bathroom to get the fix and when I opened the foil it was this weird looking grey, looked like a piece of drywall or something. But I remembered that a little while before that there was some heroin going around here in New Orleans that was odd too, it was also grey but also kind of pasty and it was really good, so I just assumed that this was like that and I've known this guy and bought from him for years and never had a problem ever. He hangs out with me at the bar almost every time I'm working so I had no reason to doubt him. It melted and pulled up perfectly. I went out before the needle was even empty. The last thing I remember was how fast and strong it was and then I was out. My friend managed to get me conscious. He told me later that night that the dude he buys from didn't tell him it was this grey death shit and he didn't know, he just assumed that it was his usual supply. That shit is crazy and hell no I wouldn't had done it if I knew that's what it was... well okay I still would had tried it but I wouldn't had done so much. I would had just done a tiny taste to see what it was like.

I don't post here much but wanted to share that this gray death stuff is Narcan resistant, meaning once the Narcan wears off you will OD again. Sad really, I'd stay away from the shit if you know whats good for you.

I had never even heard of it before that day. I thought it was like that weird smack that passed through here. I still would have tried it but just a little tiny taste to see what it was like but no I'm never going to do that again and now that you said that it's narcan resistant and you'll od anyway, fuck no I'm never doing that again.

It's a big problem with opioids recently, more and more are "Narcan resistant". The Narcan brings you back, screaming, only to wear off and leave you in a fresh OD from the opioid that did you the first time.

Good thing they're multidose.

Narcan resistant does not mean that it will rebind when narcan wears off as that's what happens with any opiod. Narcan resistant means that it will take more narcan to work if at all I'm guessing because of a higher binding affinity than narcan.

I've personally been around guys that get 3 pumps up the nose with Narcan and nothing happen, emt gets there and gives the guy 1 pump,nothing and another, the guy finally comes out off it.
That shit does not look fun at all.

The name doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it - if you've ever done dope in the northeast you know that they stamp bags with all kinds of funny names. I've seen 'mario kart,' 'grim reaper,' 'eutopia,' sky high,' etc. In Detroit, it was common to look for the packs of dope that had recently been linked to fatal OD's because they were stronger. Good times...

That said, it sounds like one of the fun fentanyl analogues running around. Or just really good dope. Or both. Be careful. And the fentanyl family can be very Narcan-resistant. Buprenorphine is another one that is a little tougher to rip off your opioid receptors via Narcan.

The name doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it - if you've ever done dope in the northeast you know that they stamp bags with all kinds of funny names. I've seen 'mario kart,' 'grim reaper,' 'eutopia,' sky high,' etc. In Detroit, it was common to look for the packs of dope that had recently been linked to fatal OD's because they were stronger. Good times...

That said, it sounds like one of the fun fentanyl analogues running around. Or just really good dope. Or both. Be careful. And the fentanyl family can be very Narcan-resistant. Buprenorphine is another one that is a little tougher to rip off your opioid receptors via Narcan.

Just wanted to add that in my area at least, lots of street opioids have w-18 in them or another one of the w-xx drugs and although they feel like opioids new research shows they are not. Narcan does not work ( or work well ) at reversing OD from these drugs because their mechanism of action is not fully understood.

Seems to be more common in alberta than elsewhere, possibly because the drug was originally synthesized in edmonton.

Also, I agree that people ODing from a certain dope actually attracts more customers.

Just wanted to add that in my area at least, lots of street opioids have w-18 in them or another one of the w-xx drugs and although they feel like opioids new research shows they are not. Narcan does not work ( or work well ) at reversing OD from these drugs because their mechanism of action is not fully understood.

Seems to be more common in alberta than elsewhere, possibly because the drug was originally synthesized in edmonton.

Also, I agree that people ODing from a certain dope actually attracts more customers.

Do you have any sources such as testing results that shows w-18 is still prevalent in street dope in that area even after finding it has little recreational value? Much more likely to cause problems is the fentalougs comming in from china as opposed to W-xx type substances.

It looks like most of the reports I read are from 2016. I was aware that w-18 was found to not be opioid but I thought it was still psychoactive. Maybe I was wrong. I remember reading it somewhere.

Apparently, it has some activity in the sigma receptors and the peripheral benzodiazepine receptors. To my knowledge, it is not an opiate agonist as originally thought.