Votes: 3 30.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wordswords

Bluelighter
I know this movie has been getting mediocre reviews and ratings but I thought it was really good.

trailer

473482-green_lantern_13_super.jpg

4/5

It was OK.. I mean shit didn't start going down till like 2/3 into the movie

If you're a hardcore GL freak, then go see it.. but otherwise, I suggest saving your money or bandwidth

after watching it twice. i have lowered my rating to 3.5. but I still think it was really good.

If you're a hardcore GL freak,

I was as a kid. But judging from what I've seen from the trailers the movie looks like a piece of shit. And I think they ruined Hal Jordan's character completely. I doubt I'll even download this...

generic, cliche, with pretty severe plotholes. it's amazing how many mistakes they can make on a movie with such a budget.

2/5

extra point for a character called "killer wog". made me lol.

I downloaded this a couple weeks ago because I wanted to see if it was as bad as Thor. I haven't watched it yet, but even though I don't have high hopes for it, I can't imagine it's worse than Thor.

Yep. Green Lantern is worse than Thor, although it is hard to differentiate between different types of stomach pain.

After just watching it, I'd say Thor is worse. Granted, they're both shit movies - like, total shit - but there were moments in Lantern that didn't make me want to rip my eyeballs out and shove shit in the sockets, which is more than I can say for Thor. At least (some) the characters in Lantern had a sense of believability, unlike Thor, where every character was a caricature of a character (if that makes sense - I'm pretty drunk, lol). The only redeeming part of Thor was Loki, and the only redeeming part of Lantern was the guy who played Hector, but I thought Hector was a more interesting character than Loki, who was just a whiny jealous bitch. But man, both of these movies were such total bullshit that I feel bad trying to justify one being better than the other.

Blake Lively as a Businesswoman/fighter pilot was equally as unbelievable as Natalie Portman as an Astrophysicist, though.

Last edited:
i didn't think thor was that bad. felt the story made much more sense than in this, for sure. i'm not really the biggest fan of either character, although i'm pretty sure they are both tattooed on my back. :\ adaptation-wise, i think thor is much better.

Having watched Thor and really liking it (into mythology) and being into the whole superhero-thing at the time I decided to check this movie out as well.
Cliche after cliche ensued, and the end of the movie could be predicted after the first 15 minutes of watching.
Just no.

i enjoyed both, though think i liked thor more. the only thought leaving this movie was how drastic hair color changed the looks of that girl. ugly as a blonde but oh my goodness beautiful as a brunette

hmm

I just finally got around to seeing the Green Lantern. I deferred to Redbox because I heard SO MANY terrible, awful reviews about GL, I thought that unlike Thor and Captain America, it wasn't worth paying to see this movie in the theater (even for a hard-core comic book geek like myself)

well, that was a MISTAKE! I actually liked Green Lantern. is something horribly wrong with me? I thought Ryan Reynolds did a pretty good job as the hot-headed, fire-willed airplane hotshot Hal Jordan. although all of the aforementioned summer superhero blockbusters suffered from staid, very linear predictability, I will say that Green Lantern was the most entertaining of them all! I can't believe I am typing these words due to the 1) abhorrent reviews and 2) that this movie, a product of DC Comics, could be more interesting than the leaps-and-bounds more pop culturally relevant Marvel Comics (which furnishes the likes of Spider-Man, X-Men, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc etc)

I thought that the fight scenes were awesomely entertaining, even in this age of CGI overuse. it was awesome to see Hal utilizing the full extent of his will via the green lantern and the ring

the Green Lantern Corps were probably the most well-done, interesting, and entertaining. Abin Sur was brilliant in his cameo, crash-landing appearance. Tomar-Re, the bird-beaked GL, was amazingly accurate to the comics as well as my FAVORITE GL CORPS CHARACTER - KILOWOG! I loved how tough-as-nails Kilowog was in the movie, and that his voice was voiced by an African-American. Kilowog is one of the toughest characters in the DC comics Universe - one time he fought Superman to a tie

the whole movie suffered from its linear plot - but it was by far the most entertaining summer super-hero movie this year

3/5 stars!

Enjoyed it at home ! May not be the best comic book movie, but I still gave it 4/5 stars.
<KZ>