View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Golden Teachers

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Anyone had experience. Does it make a difference. Most cubes are the same psilocybin and psilocin contents? I just wondered if it’s as pronounced as weed strains in the fungal kingdom. I’m starting back with them and have used high doses in the past when I didn’t respect them and thought they were there just to get me wasted I’ve ate half ounces at a time. I’m not doing that this time. I’m trying to calculate a starting dose so I figured it would be pertinent to know what strain it is

Do mushroom strains make a difference? yes and no

as far as cube's go most are generally the same potency except for penis envy strains. Penis envy is about 1.5-1.75x more potent than other cubes (I grew multiple strains and compared them over the course of a year or so.) "Albino Penis Envy 2.0" was close to 2x the potency of something like golden teachers. It's a man made mutant strain. VERY POTENT SHIT!

Other mutant albino strains like Albino A+ I would say are about 1.3x the potency of golden teachers.

Albino penis envy was so potent a lot of the smaller shrooms were a fierce dark purple color. Straight purple from stem to cap!

FYI: size does matter for shrooms. The amount of psilocybin/psilocin in each mushroom is not based on size. Each mushroom produces roughly the same amount of psilocybin regardless of size. For this reason smaller mushrooms are often more potent per weight (from what I read and I can personally confirm that)

In terms of is the high different between strains - no. It's all the same. Just less or more psilocybin.

other non-cube strains I can't comment on

zg5ZHFE.jpg

here is a pic of some of the larger specimens of Albino penis envy 2.0 I grew. You can see just how purple they are (purple = psilocybin oxidation). Trust me, the smaller ones were even more darkly purple, almost looking black or rotten!

Last edited:
Nope, different strains, and even different batches of the same strain can differ in active alkaloid content.

Golden Teachers are nice and relatively mild, I reckon. I think they might be a good basic mushroom for just about anyone. Like, that's the strain I'd get to make a pot of tea for my parents who have never done mushrooms and are in their 60s.

++++
I've never done Penis Envy anything but that Treasure Coast Cubensis strain I recently posted about is defo a multitude more potent than Golden Teachers.

What dose would you recommend I have enough to do whatever I seek with them? Like for example by dry weight how many mg/g would you gauge it ?

Do you mean to still be fully functional?

I don't know.....2g seems legit.
Yeah I don’t know what my intention is so I’ve decided not to set a dose when I don’t even know what I wanna get out of it. I’ve started a thread following the journey. Love to have your input over there as this is more information for that

begin your exploration then continue it.
I agree that 2gm will show you some of the potential without making you too defensive or aggressive.

If you're a beginner with shrooms maybe 1.5ish g but yeah around 2 grams should be a good starter dose.

Golden Teachers seem to give me a much more intense body high than a visual high, the visuals I get from golden teachers are enhanced colors and visual acuity becomes very sharp and close eye visuals but to me they seem alot more mental and emotional and introspective. At high doses they make me confront what ever is going on in my life and my past traumas