Going to S.F. - ANY GOOD CLUBS?

H2O

Bluelighter
I'm taking a trip to San Francisco in November and was wondering if anyone could recommend the best clubs that are "roller friendly". I usually go to RA, UTOPIA, or BABY's in Vegas. Or CROBAR, KARMA in Chicago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PLUR

you might want to check out 1015 (if it's still open...) i know the city was trying to shut it down because it was a little too "roller friendly"...but i think it's still open pending a hearing...just call 411 and ask for the number or go to:
http://www.1015.com
they are open til 6 or 7 am depending on what night you go...sat. and sun. are the best nights to go...one more thing...check out http://www.ravelinks.com to see what raves are going on in frisco...the way the rave scene is up there, you can't go wrong...
peace
feniks

With such a diverse array of venues, it's suprising to hear people recommend 1015. Not to disrespect the club, they are the spokespeople for our kind against the enemies of fun, but there's so many different smaller spaces that change the vibe so drastically, not to mention a little more connection and unity present. As a rule, i don't like to be in places where i can lost my friends easily.
Take this list as it is, check sfstation.com, sfraves.com, call the buzz line at 650/569.3300,check for flyers in record stores, and talk to people.
Most of the people in these places aren't ravey looking, and if you dress all candied up, you're gonna stick out, but there's very good attitudes and vibes. As with anything new, take the time and be receptive enough to gain the subtleties of different places before making judgements on them or charging in like a bull. And get people's recommendations.
I know this is probably too much info, but if you have a specific question, ask.
550 Barneveld (Blue Room, Stompy, Maze)
Jelly's Pier 50 (Electogusto, Psychofunko, Heaven, Conscious Session)
Minna Street Gallery (Qool Wednesdays, occaisonal)
330 Ritch (Sound Textures, 3)
Butter (Red Melon nights)
Big Heart City (Mondays-Mark Farina)
End Up (Kit Kat Thursdays & Sun mornings)
Cafe Cocomo (occaisonal events)
Kelly's Mission Rock (occaisonal events)
DNA (wednesdays & occaisonal)
Liquid (trance wednesdays, deep house/funk thurs.)
Club Six (check)
26 Mix (music 7 days a week)
Storyville
The Top (wed d'n'b, thurs house)
[This message has been edited by liquidocean (edited 17 January 2000).]

sending it back up for the hell of it. figure 2 months is good for fermentation
smile.gif

------------------
Got a Question? Try the Search Engine!

h20- check out staple. saturday nights. incredible vibe. great deep house from the old masters. (but only open til 2- gaaah!)
280 7th street (at folsom). lots 'o kiteflyers...

tonight: Stompy. Take my word on this. House, & jungle.
Saturday, January 22nd - Stompy Hi-Fi!!!
deep house with Stompy house players, Preston, Tasho, Jonene, with
very special guest...Alton Miller, drum and bass with residents,
Arcangel, Sea, Mike Bee, Wade Hampton.
10pm-5am, . $15 with 21+id. 550 Barneveld, SF. http://www.stompy.com