• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Going for sober! Opiates (help!)

dinab66

Greenlighter
Good evening! I am new too this and I'm looking for some tips/tricks. I'll be keeping a diary of my progress on here, my story is .. 4 years ago I was admitted to hospital and given co-codamol, long story short, went through bad relationship, started taking them to numb my feelings and boom ! Full blown addict. Now 4 years down the line I am on 0.4mg subutex and looking to jump off completely ! Has anyone done this before and got some do and don'ts ? Iv got clonodine, diazepam, vitamins etc to help.

Feel free too comment just even for a chat

?

Hi there Friend. Good luck kicking. I just posted a pretty lengthy thread on my experience with this in this same forum. If you dont have time to read all my bullshit I will keep this real short. Have you looked into Gabapentin and Kratom? This combination, along with some vitamins and other lesser things are helping me kick with almost no withdrawl symptoms at all. I am 72 hours in (right when my w/d symptoms should be peaking) and I feel fine. About to eat some lunch and head out for a walk on the beach. I can't believe how well this is going. I hope you can find a way that works for you too! Good luck, soldier.

Hey both of you. I, too, posted my recovery in a thread. I detoxed somewhat like you, StudentOfLife, Gabapentin + Imodium = <3. Had to take ALOT of Imodium to help but it sure did. I had to used Xanax to sleep the first week or I'd just stare at the ceiling all night. I stopped the Xanax a week ago and can sleep with a little melatonin and the past 2 days I've slept without taking anything, albeit only 4 hours a night but not bad for a 2+gram of fentanyl a day habit. I'd go through 10 grams in just under 5 days, it was baaaadd. Withdrawals were awful, tried to go to a suboxone doctor, they had me take it when I hadn't been clean long enough yet and instantly had precipitated withdrawals. Never went back and I'm glad I didn't, I would have probably become addicted to that as well!

I too am getting some lyrica off my mom, should I use kratom the first 4 days then switch to lyrica?

Hello! I'm sorry to hear you're in this position. I, just like you, was given Co-Codamol in hospital, and fell into the trap of addiction. I understand the scariest time is that moment you know you've got to quit, but you're just so scared of the pain of withdrawals and the uncertainty of life without the drug. Things I found helpful when going cold turkey were:
Loperamide (I found this not only helps with stomach issues, it also eases the restless legs, anxiety, and hot/cold chills too. I took about 12 of them on my first day, 10 the next, and so on until I no longer needed them. Be careful not to get addicted to lope though, lope addiction is real, so make sure you are always lessening your doses)
Zopliclone (or similar) to help you sleep
Hot baths (these helped only while in the bath though, unfortunately)
Fruit and Veg (honestly, your body will thank you for it)
A favourite film (you'll probably cry all the way through but it's really cathartic)

Most important of all is to keep saying to yourself, this will pass. And when it does, the relief will be unreal! Then you can live your life free. You are suffering TEMPORARILY to be FREE to live your life on YOUR terms.

I'm a month and a half clean, and I swear to you it is worth it ?