• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Going Clean - sober and moved, forget the past

Seems like a difficult thing to do, especially if you have strong ties with family / friends back home.

If drugs are an escape for you like it is for me (low self esteem, boredom, lack of productive hobbies, etc) you might end up falling back into old habits.

With that said I've moved to a city a decent distance from home and stayed clean from oxy once I deleted my old dealer's number.

I agree with @starting_over... a clean slate is attractive, but being in close contact with folks who have your back can be really helpful in recovery. If leaning on friends and family isn't an option, maybe you can find help in your new location (I have a lot of negative feelings towards NA/AA, but they might give you a bit of a support network).

You can move away but you will still be you when you get there.

What kind of support do you have where ever it is you are starting over OP? Even just one or two supportive friends can make such a transition blossom into something more beautiful than you could ever imagine.

I recently got clean. I have three months off heroin. I had to... I am HAVING to, let go of some people that will always have an enormous place in my heart. It is hard as hell and I dont know what the future holds but... we gotta do whats best for us in the long run. Sending love and peace your way.