• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Getting off of dihydrocodeine

solidsnake77

Bluelighter
Well, I'm in my second day without dihydrocodeine, has been past 28 hours from my last dose. I manage with Tranxene 50mg, Valium, pregabaline, kratom, and codeine with paracetamol 30/500mg, but yesterday I made my first CWE to separate the paracetamol. I don't made it perfect, because the dilution was cloudy and not clear, but I eliminated a certain percent of paracetamol at least. I had before a uncomfortable pain in the chest, like in the heart, but the combo of all made me feel better, although it hurts me a little bit now but I'm gonna take more kratom. Meds to sleep I have trazodone, mirtazapine and zolpidem. My options are this, manage me by myself with my resources and have 3-5 bad days physically, or enter in a detox hospitalary, and after that I'll out from there with an antidepressant, gabapentin or pregabalin and a program of methadone or Suboxone. I know how goes all this shit, because I detoxify a few years ago of that way, but I was with a patch of fentanyl 100mcg and oxycodone, it was different. I think that leave the dihydrocodeine, and enter in a antidepressant, antiepileptic and suboxone or methadone is go from bad to hell, talking in a long term way, because in a few months after that I would need another detox, and that time would be more rough.

Any advise about it? I think I'm doing the best choice having in count all this factors.

Btw, I've reached yesterday 10 grams in 4 months, and the pills are of 30 milligrams. I want to clarify too that I was taking it for chronic pain, not recreational use. Thanks in advance.

You seem to have a lot of different medication please be careful not to mix too many.

How long have you been on the DHC, What dosages?

You have a few different routes to come off, What do you want to do?

You seem to have a lot of different medication please be careful not to mix too many.

How long have you been on the DHC, What dosages?

You have a few different routes to come off, What do you want to do?

Thanks for you answer. Yes I'll be careful of not mix too much meds. I've been on DHC 4 months, and I reached like I said 10.000mg, so the proportion is of 2,5g per month approximtely.

Now I'm using Tranxilium as needed, diazepam, kratom, low-medium doses of pregabalin, afterward on nights for sleep and to the RLS in legs. Zolpidem too, and codeine with paracetamol, or "only" codeine, more or less isolated with CWE, that was my first time making it. I have tramadol too, in pills of 50mg prolonged release, and in normal release a med that mix 25mg of dexketoprofene and 75mg tramadol. But by the moment I don't need it.

And for the muscle aches, ciclobenzaprine or baclofen, or naproxene if I have headache.

Pd: oh I forget it, I have alprazolam retard 1mg too, and some alprazolam of 1mg-2mg of normal liberation. At the afternoon I took one retard of 1mg to help with anxiety and the pain chest, and it helped.

I think you have more meds at your disposal then you'll get in a hospital detox. Alot of places around me don't give benzos for opiate withdraw anymore which sucks. I'd stay home.

Well has been past almost 60 hours since my last dose of DHC. All my body is in pain, specially arms and legs. It's difficult even walk and move me. I still taking the codeine/paracetamol because my first CWE, that it wasn't very good like I said, has been ended before. Kratom, benzos, zolpidem and pregabalin if is needed, specially at nights.

I expect not have more pshysical symptoms of withdrawal in a few days, the half-life of DHC isn't too long. If someone know something about it I would appreciate it.

And yes cj, I think you have right, I can quit this by myself in home.