• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Gauging acid quantity when converting H base for IV?

Limpet_Chicken

Bluelighter
Got a question here.

Namely, when using heroin freebase, intended for smoking off foil/in a vaporization pipe, and converting it for injection with citric/ascorbic acid, how do people measure the quantity of acid required? because its starting with base (insoluble in H2O) and adding acid rather than starting with a salt and titrating with ammonia to slightly basic PH, its not practical to prepare an aqueous solution and use either PH paper or my electronic PH testing pen, since the freebase not converted into a soluble, neutral salt would just adhere as a suspended particulate solid to either the paper or to the electrode of the PH monitor without contributing towards the measurement.

Also, one cannot simply go by observation of the H going into solution vs staying undissolved. Because there is always the potential for insoluble cuts which won't go dissolve no matter what the PH of the solution.

I've only been using a few small grains of citric acid, but even then its really difficult to ascertain the amount of acid required, last time I overshot to some extent, and made the solution over-acidic. Registered, and then missed a unit or two, which stung like fury. I had at first assumed it was histamine release from the opioid, and managed to get inside the vein with little effort, and depressed the plunger, shooting the entire 1ml, can't remember how much gear I used, but several hundred mg of pretty good quality heroin base, then a few moments after I'd depressed the plunger and sent the gear rushing through my veins, it was followed by a sensation like searing fire crawling up the limb I'd shot into, starting from the foot and rising, eventually dissipating once the acidic solution had become sufficiently diluted so as not to burn like a cunting mother of shitting screaming fuck.

Anyone think the best way to gauge would be by taste, adding small quantities of additional H, and using the syringe to withdraw a microliter at a time or so, and rather than of course, allowing the needle to touch my tongue, just letting a tiny drop fall onto my tongue at each addition of more heroin, until I can taste only bitter, and no sourness?

Aside from the nasty burn and damage it might cause is that apparently you lose a good amount of H from too much acid as well.

See what you think:

You could mock up a balanced chemical reaction, that would probably be overkill but it would ensure you use the least amount of acid possible. You'd need a bit of chemistry knowledge and a scale, there are chemical formula balancers for free online.

Fun little project if you want to really do this shit right

For converting H base to inject you must heat it in vinegar or lemon juice to change the PH of horse.

Vinegar and lemon juice are horrible choices vs the pure citric acid sachets that are given out for free at exchanges.
-------

Yeah FH, if the stoichiometry could be worked out it would be far better than tongue dropping. I think gauging the exact purity of the H is tough without a GC/MS, which makes the math inaccurate though.

I KNOW acid must be added to convert a freebase to a salt. I am a self-employed chemist, who has built his own lab, its his pride and joy in fact. So all the facilities are availale, its just the ideal procedure to get the water-insoluble base dissolved without too much acid added.

Okay. Soooo then do you think the stoichiometry can be calculated without knowing the exact purity if the H?

The video was just pointing out that out of 130mg of H, 97mg converted properly with 20mg of C-acid at a pH of 2.55. The over acidified H at 1.9 pH only had 50mg convert out of 130mg and the rest became inactives.

Last edited:
If you are that deep into chemistry and you have your own basic lab couldn't you do a couple quick washes with water then an A/B extraction? To be honest i am less than a beginner chemist, i really barely know the basics but maybe you could get an extract that you can assume is at least __% pure?

You can't know the cuts but surely there are steps you can take to isolate heroin over other compounds.

Crashing it out of an organic solvent by dropwise acidification then filtration would probably do it, as #3 is soluble in organic solvents but #4 is not. This just seems a little complicated as most don't have this issue.