• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

gabapentin tolerance

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Does gabapentin tolerance build in like two days? This is my fourth day using and I took over 9000 mg. The staggering never works for me and this has been the highest dose so far. I know that gabapentin tolerance raises quickly. So I'm wondering if I have not given enough time to feel the floaty speedy effects of gabapentin yet or my tolerance has just jacked so high that I need another three week break. Granted I take this stuff everyday for my bipolar and I like how it makes me hypomanic. I'm just curious if four days is too much for all the mg I have been taking.

No. But if you're taking it daily for bipolar, that will definitely mess with your tolerance. I've been on 3200mg/day and I can't feel any desirable effects (other than the intended effects as per prescription) even if I take like 4000 in a dose. So since you're taking it daily it's going to be really hard to use it recreationally as well.

^ That's crazy if l take 200mg l feel it big time. I actually wish l could use it during the day because l find it to be very effective for my pain. I have only been using it for a few days as an alternative to benzos while quitting opiates. I usually have a very high tolerance to substances which is why l was so surprised. To answer OP's question l have always heard tolerance builds rapidly and there is withdrawal associated with long term use.

After I started gabapentin the Dr started me on 3200mg a day right off the bat and that made me feel soooo good for like 3 days, but the 4th day it went down and the 5th even further until now it just does what it is suppose to do, but if I stop taking it within 24 hours I can tell because I get sweaty anxious and all that good stuff withdrawel feels like. But to answer your question yes it is crazy how fast tolerance to gabapentin develops.

Well in my experience tolerance for the v. v. slight recreational use I got out of them a while back increased and it got even less enjoyable each time until it seemed pointless for me personally so I stopped. Admittedly I could never get my hands on huge amounts so my doses never got to the staggering amount you've mentioned...

From memory I think my first dose was 800mg and when it got to 1600mg (within a week) I just figured that's about as much fun as I'm getting out of that particular pursuit, so knocked it on the head and went looking for something else.

I didn't realise quite how high doses some people took tbh, I just figured because people I knew did 400mg - 600mg that I was at the upper end but I'm intrigued to know people have taken as much as 3200mg on day dot and that in 4 days someone reached 9000mg?!

My knowledge of Gabepentin is pretty non-existent (all I know is it's a nerve suppressant) so I'd be interested to know if most people use it at doses of 3000mg plus???

Take care,

Rocketboy89

I take gabapentin a lot. I put 2.5 days between dosing and then I have 1.5 days to get high. And maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan it feels great. I stagger. I take a shit ton of gabapentin though. I love, I just absolutely LOVE gabapentin. Also I break open the capsules as I LOVE the taste of gabapentin. My favorite drug ever.

when i used gabapentin my tolerance had gone so high i was taking 8,000mg (staggered) to feel anything. i haven't used gabapentin in at least 6 or so months, will my tolerance still be a problem after this much time?

I do the same . I do 2 days off , one day on. I take about 6000mg to get me where I'm good. I heard it's better to stagger the dose through the day rather than all at once tho

I've got a bookbag full of 400/600mg of gabys that ive been experimenting with since may with no conclusion? help

I take 15000 mg daily.

Does gabapentin tolerance build in like two days? This is my fourth day using and I took over 9000 mg. The staggering never works for me and this has been the highest dose so far. I know that gabapentin tolerance raises quickly. So I'm wondering if I have not given enough time to feel the floaty speedy effects of gabapentin yet or my tolerance has just jacked so high that I need another three week break. Granted I take this stuff everyday for my bipolar and I like how it makes me hypomanic. I'm just curious if four days is too much for all the mg I have been taking.

Crushed chewed or swallowed dosnt seem to matter anymore. I don't even feel them. I'm prescribed 800mg. 4 times daily. Kinda miss this affect but literally I'm a walking gabepentin machine .

Crushed chewed or swallowed dosnt seem to matter anymore. I don't even feel them. I'm prescribed 800mg. 4 times daily. Kinda miss this affect but literally I'm a walking gabepentin machine .

Hey man. I see that this is your first post, thus, you are a new Bluelighter and I'd like to give you a warm, itchy welcome! I'm sorry to hear that you've become so dependent upon Gabapentin (Neurontin). So, Gabapentinoids are a certain group of drugs that include of course, Gabapentin; Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Phenibut (OTC) among others. The hallmark of these drugs is how quickly tolerance develops. I know people who can take a full prescription of 60 300mg Pregabalin in 4 days due to dosage escalation. This is a pretty severe case though.

However, it's totally common to become completely tolerant to the effects of these drugs. I learned this early on and have always used my Pregabalin for 1 or 2 days, but I always have days off. I'm not patronizing, just telling my story. The drug simply won't work if it is binged on. I'm not saying you've binged on your prescription, but the bottom line is that you are going to need some kind of break from the drug in order to potentially regain some of the positive effects you used to experience. Let me know if you want some advice on how to do that. Send me a PM or post in this thread. Good Luck.

One thing important to note about the gabapentinoids is that they are absorbed into the brain rather strangely.

They are essentially actively transported into the CNS by a particular transporter, and that transporter gets saturated pretty quickly. Henceforth taking 9000mg at once is.. rather wasteful. Some people using gabapentin for e.g. neuropathy dose a little gabapentin every hour or 45 minutes throughout the day.

I've experimented with all kinds of different dosing ways. Staggered wasn't effective for me however saying that I'm VERY gabby tolerate. I take it everyday. Ive taken 20 800mg tabs on a cpl different occasions. I do not suggest this by no means but it goes to show tolerance developed quickly. Taking one large dose in the morning keeps me where I like to be most of the day. However to get the desired effects from it requires you to take breaks. Like at least a week in between. That is if you are able to bc it is a med you dependent on. One question I have is has anyone else developed bad diarrhea from taking high doses?

Guys I want to take this away. I took 22 gabas last year and had two seizures granted I was in bad withdrawals of klonopin.

This drug is fun at first until you want to live a sober life. I find it impossible to quit because I lose my mind.

Yes Hershey?s are normal but the drug is destructive. Please reconsider abusing it.