Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gabapentin Recreational Value?

junkie skumbag

Bluelighter
my friend was talking his doctor about the stupidly high price of lyrica. so insted of giving him his usual lyrica script she prescribe him some gabapentin the doctor said it is pretty much the same as lyrica but stronger and is on the PBS so its only like 5 bucks a box rather than the 190 a box u pay for lyrica!
after a quick wiki search i saw that the chemical makeup of gabapentin is VERY similar to pregabalin but is missing the H molecule and replaced with OH

http://oi45.tinypic.com/osqre9.jpg

^^lyrica molecule^^^

http://oi49.tinypic.com/27xjor4.jpg

^^gabapentin molecule^^

so yeah my question is will gabapentin work the same as lyrica does with amplifying benzos and opiates??? sorry if this sounds stupid but its got me wondering and no one really knew that lyrica was recreational til a few months ago :)

edit I didnt know lyrica had rec value until a few months ago :)

Last edited:
Hey dude, never used Gabapentin but am pretty sure it acts on GABA and feels very similar to Lyrica.

For the record people have known Lyrica was recreational for years, I first heard about it a couple years ago and there are experience reports on Erowid describing its recreational value that are atleast 5 years old...

sweeeet i'll give it a go tomorrow...the doctor told my mate that it was stronger than lyrica.my mate is telling me to eat like 10 300mg caps but i think ima start with 3 as 900mg of lyrica does me nicely and the doc did say its stronger :)

Last edited:
my friend was talking his doctor about the stupidly high price of lyrica. so insted of giving him his usual lyrica script she prescribe him some gabapentin the doctor said it is pretty much the same as lyrica but stronger

I haven't had gabapentin, but I thought pregabalin was supposed to be the stronger one?

^ I was under that impression too, but I could be wrong. I thought doses of Gabapentin went into the grams (over 1000mg) range.

^ I was under that impression too, but I could be wrong. I thought doses of Gabapentin went into the grams (over 1000mg) range.

yeah i think the doc may be confused after all the things i've read it seems lyrica is the stronger of the 2.im going to dose 1.8 grams within the hour and then once i begin feeling the effects im going to eat 10mg or so of valium....apprently they take like 2 hours to kick in 8(

also read that it is used to help cocaine WD's and was removed from the prisons in Canada as its too abusable.

Wish me luck im a bit ify taking 1.8grams of any powder.i almost overdosed on 1.2 grams of lyrica and that wasnt much fun and def dont want a repeat!

she also gave him somthin else to take with the gabapentin and she said it has a valium like feel to it,i'll see if u can get the name :) thanks for the help peoples :D

EDIT: she said it has a valium like feel when combined with gabapentin not alone :)

Last edited:
^If your iffy on the dose then just take 2/3-3/4 and dose the rest 2 hours later if its not enough. Better safe than sorry man. :)

^If your iffy on the dose then just take 2/3-3/4 and dose the rest 2 hours later if its not enough. Better safe than sorry man. :)

shit too late :\ i ate a big bowl of weat bix before it so it will abzorbe some of the dose i have a mate here with me to make sure im ok if things go wrong and i havnt dosed any benzos yet :)

a friend suggested i take 11-12 caps on my first try as thats what he and his friends take so im pretty sure/hoping its safe in high levels,no fuckin way am i eating more than 6 caps on my first try tho...

apparently they take 2 hours to kick in?

It wouldn't surprise me if they do, Lyrica took like 90 mins for me and there is less of that your body needs to absorb than gabapentin.

very happy with the results of this drug :)

little user report

00:00 took 6 300mg caps and ate some weatbix just before dosing as food especially fatty foods increase the effects (like oxycontin)
00:45mins pass nothing really happening so smoke some weed feel nice n stoned but not much else.
1:15 mins starting to feel effects quite relaxed.i take 10mg of valium sublingualy.
2:00 defently feeling some nice effects almost like a veryyy relaxed version of cocaine quite dif to lyrica but very enjoyable.quite talkative and social laughing alot :D :D eat another 6 caps.
2::30 feeling nice and relaxed calm and quite talkative :D

will finish the report lata on :D im feel gewwwwwwwwd

i've been told by a mate that taking large doses like 6 at a time saturates the receptors causing you to lose some of the dose.he said taking 1 cap every 20 mins its called staggering.would this be the more efficient way of taking gabapentin???

EDIT: this stuff is fucking amazing! time is going super fast i like this ALOT more than lyrica,....it has a speedy cokey effect very veryyy social,drove to my sisters house and talked my fucking head off they knew i was on somthing just felt no anxitey about what im saying had a awsome time playing with there puppy and havbin a good old yarn....oh yer btw im up to 4.2 grams i aint dosin any more.....this would be a awsome party drug!!!! im testing it out this weekend!!!

Last edited:
Gabapentin can and did make me have mini seizures when coming off of them. Great med to help w the neuro pain when detoxing. Just be careful..must ween off, I had a seizure in class fell out of my seat to the ground and hit my head...convulsing .. Pretty scary. I then changed dr.'s and my new doc told me to slowly come off bc of seizures.

^ This is a thread about gabapentin, I don't understand why you have linked a thread about lyrica/pregabalin. The two drugs are similar but they are not the same.

Simple research should deter (even addicts) people from trying to abuse this. For some people they will never get a high but this drug is inconsistant imo. I was taking it in the beginning of recovery for sleep but it never made me tired. I started on 600 which is already high but never felt anything so one night i took about 1200 to 1400 and got the "high" once and i was actually able to sleep... but. Your body will gain immunity quick (like mine did) and it wont work again. What i experienced was a pleasant drunk if that makes sense; faded vision, VERY comfy and drowsy, but didnt remember a lot of the night or going to bed. Imo this drug isnt worth crap for sleep or recreation only thing i see it good for (possibly) is chronic pain i.e. fibromyalsia.